Will The Lions Tour Go Ahead?

Forum » Rugby » Will The Lions Tour Go Ahead?

Apr 20, 2021, 07:25

Will the Lions Tour go ahead?

That is a very worrying question right now.  

For the sake of Rugby and to support South African Rugby I hope it does go ahead and I hope that things will be ok for the crowds to be allowed to attend the matches...........

Apr 20, 2021, 08:29

Why wouldn’t it go ahead now?

Is the ESL privatising the tour?

Apr 20, 2021, 12:27

The Lions may not risk travelling................

Apr 20, 2021, 15:19

Says who?

Apr 20, 2021, 15:44

Well the Rainbow cup just got cancelled, but it was circling the drain for a while. 

That said, there may be a slim chance of it going ahead, but it all depends on the UK government and whether they will permitted to travel abroad which is only to be confirmed in June. 

South Africa is also on the red list, so unless the criteria is met, I don't think it will go ahead

Apr 21, 2021, 11:42

Korn, have you got a link to an article or something actually confirming the cancellation of the Rainbow Cup?

Apr 22, 2021, 05:29

South Africa is on the UK Red List.

Somehow a bit disturbing - Who are the UK Kidding - Their performance during Civid has been absolutely pathetic - So we have a region overlooking their own bullshit but having the cheek to assess another as a danger zone.

This one of the reasons why Covid has got out of control - Human bullshit.

But I feel that it will kill the tour.  

Apr 22, 2021, 11:23

"But I feel that it will kill the tour.  "

Unfortunately...and unnecessary so, but I agree with you. They will stop it, regardless of the vax rollout....overstating the danger exponentially.

Apr 23, 2021, 16:50

I was in a restaurant in Florida last night.....it seemed fairly normal. Tables were set well apart though and you had to wear a mask until seated. The Wagyu beef tasted great and everybody felt relaxed. Normality!

The big concern now is this massive Indian spike, something I always feared and something which could breed dangerous variants.

This series must go ahead...a safe way to play the games can be found.

Apr 27, 2021, 20:51

It was announced today that no travelling Lions fans can attend the series but they are hopeful some local fans will be cleared to attend. 

Apr 28, 2021, 01:37

I suspect that is another step in the direction of the tour being cancelled.

Apr 28, 2021, 16:30

Well, the players have been given the green light to attend the training camp and play in the warm up against Japan, so it’s looking rather likely the Tour will go ahead at this stage ! 

Apr 28, 2021, 19:16

Really hope so. We need some good news and good rugby.

Apr 28, 2021, 19:32

Squad is due to be selected on 6th May, so things are still going ahead this end. 

May 03, 2021, 15:24

Wow, Chippo!!!

I always pictured you as a chubby little man playing with power tools.

Serious respect there, bro!!

You need to Log in to reply.