Where to next in 2020

Forum » Rugby » Where to next in 2020

Jul 27, 2020, 11:00

So NZ and Oz have moved on for the year in terms if Super Rugby.
Where to for us?
Are we going to be stuck with just the Currie Cup?
Far cry from what is ideal.

I wouldnt mind a like for like with NZ where our franchsie teams play an internal tournament. it could be vert exciting.

Jul 27, 2020, 11:27

South Africa will always require an external force to expose its mediocre standards, and that's why we need to be a part of a tournament that will keep us level-headed and enforce at least some attempt at improving standards in coaching and training etc. To stay isolated, we will regress quickly. We must move north. Rugby is dying in the other SH strongholds. Europe it is, or we will crumble. 

Jul 27, 2020, 14:55

The mediocre standard with the Springboks winning he WC - you must be deranged.     

Jul 27, 2020, 20:10

Aug if our standards were so mediocre then how did we win the WC and end up being ranked number one

Are you seriously this fucking stupid?

You have to be profoundly dumb to make comments like this and not realise how fucking stupid you look

Don’t stop though!!

Jul 27, 2020, 20:46

The local derbies in Super18 destroyed the Currie Cup, so if a Currie Cup happens before the EOYT in NewZealand for the 4nations, it will be the best one in years.

It will contain Boks and SuperXV players. 

As for coaching, there is less depth in attacking rugby. However, SA coaches are solid in defence and forward set-pieces.

Jul 27, 2020, 20:54

Augie is right the Currie Cup tends to devolve Into a mediocre arm wrestle....without foreign exposure our rugby would atrophy. Witness the mediocrity in aftermath of the ban being lifted.

Jul 27, 2020, 20:59

"Angie  is right . . ."

Well done Angie!

LMAO!

Jul 27, 2020, 21:49

The Lush, deep in his cups finds the spelling software that changes Augie  to Angie the funniest thing he has seen all day. All one can feel is pity!

Jul 28, 2020, 00:23

Not-Mozart needs to take every meager crumb it can. 

Jul 28, 2020, 07:32

And you know what it means to eat crumbs and how to spread toxic venom.. 

Jul 28, 2020, 07:40

Rooinek on Ruckers Forum

Rooinek

Hall Of Fame

10238 posts

Posted by: Rooinek (10238 posts)

May 16, 2020, 21:05

That's it Moffie, stick to being my secretary and typo-fixer . . . leave debating the actual point to those with a bit more intelligence and imagination.

Glad you finally recognize your place on the se boards.

The Irony

Jul 28, 2020, 08:09

"Angie, I still love you

Remember all those nights we cried
All the dreams were held so close
Seemed to all go up in smoke
Let me whisper in your ear

Angie, Angie"

You need to Log in to reply.