Wales vs Ireland - live match report

Forum » Rugby » Wales vs Ireland - live match report

Feb 07, 2021, 17:17

Wales take the lead 3 - 0. 

If Wayne Pivac has a bad tournament, he is toast 

Feb 07, 2021, 17:30

Peter O-lamey headbutts himself off the field. Instant red card...

Feb 07, 2021, 17:56

Ireland score and take lead to 13 - 6. 

If Pivac cant beat Ireland with 14 men, he may as well pack his stuff and leave the job with immediate effect. 

Feb 07, 2021, 21:02

CJ running over Faletau was the highlight of the game

He lined him up and smashed him to the ground

The weak CJ hey Moz!!!

Feb 08, 2021, 00:15

Match was always going be an uphill battle for Ireland once O'Mahony stupidly got himself sent off. Despite the loss I'm a lot more optimistic for Ireland than for Wales going by that performance, Wales struggled to put Ireland away a player advantage for 65 minutes, really says it all about where they are at as a team at the moment. There is nothing I saw from Wales that makes me think they have a chance of winning the tournament.

Still an exciting first weekend that makes for an interesting championship. Advantage France and Scotland but you can't rule out England or Ireland just yet.

Feb 10, 2021, 11:28

Stav

I normally switch off the TV when a player is red-carded  in a match as the competitiveness is normally gone.    The same thing happened in this case.  

Feb 10, 2021, 16:13

Normally you be right, a red card that early is almost insurmountable handicap for a team to overcome, but I do recall Ireland beating South Africa a few years ago after Stander got an early enough red card and Ireland came close enough to beating Wales on Sunday. As I said I think its more a reflection of where Wales are at right now than Ireland.

Feb 10, 2021, 21:28

Ireland were within a penalty kick in play and a good maul of winning this.....despite being down a man for almost the entire match.

Ireland actually did brilliantly during the first half. Then for some inexplicable reason Sexton and Murray got box kickitis...after they got behind they started running at the Wallies again, with their centres carving through the midfield. 

Wales look clueless.

You need to Log in to reply.