Wow, got all excited about this years World Cup but to be honest with you. I’ve been completely put asleep. No, I mean it, I literally fell asleep in both Fra vs NZ and Eng vs Arg. I barely got through the first half. Neither did I have anything to drink. It has become so predictable. Constantly penalties for dumb technicalities. The are several bug bears I have, especially around inconsistencies.
- Break down, how many times does players get blown up for not rolling away, but looking closer, the tackled player gets pin by the supporting player. It is simple, the carrier has someone on his back and as the tackler completes, he has 2 or even 3 bodies on top of him. Some refs identify it and others just say roll away and give a penalty. This needs to go
- Scrum penalty, man this suck up so much time in the game. Just go back from the 80s and further back, the scrum was so quick, no touch pause nonsense. Just give a free kick which you can’t ask for a scrum again, you gain 10 meters as the whole pack is off side.
- The human centipede, this annoys the crap out of me, becomes so predictable and dangerous as the scrum half wasted time and nullifies the co test on the ground.
- Mauls, it is a powerful weapon when done right but also open to interpretation.how many players concede yellow cards and penalty tries just by being the last or first person to buckle, don’t send players off, just give a penalty or a penalty try. You can get 3 points.
- Constant kicking for touch, this has become so predictable, lineout, penalty after penalty and then finally they concede a try, get yellow card, or even a penalty try, but refs let some teams get away with it