The Bulls

Forum » Rugby » The Bulls

May 14, 2021, 15:24

have a very impressive loose trio in Arno Botha, Marco "Eskom" van Staden and the formidable Vermeulen as the talisman. The player I'm particularly excited to see play is van Staden, I think he is a much improved player from last year. Also looking forward to seeing the work in progress Curwin Bosch in action, I've always believed him to be Bok material. Looking forward to a cracker.

May 14, 2021, 15:59

Bosch was the most effective ball carrier in 2019's Super rugby, but from 15. His 10 stats dipped his output, and defensively it wasn't very good. Gelant is the Kirchner model 15, a powerful direct runner, but minus the linking play. That would be the next evolution for him. Bosch is not the next Willie, but he functions more along those lines. He has the potential to be a key Bok.

I don't believe in van Staden. He had some good production at Super rugby level, but test rugby has been a bridge too far. He looks lost, out of his depth.

Arno could have been our primary opensider. A lot of wear on that body. He'd instantly upgrade the team replacing Kolisi. 

May 19, 2021, 17:14

Ignroance is bliss - Arno is a blindsider - not an opensider.    You nmow the difference between those to positions?  

You need to Log in to reply.