So who played re race card. Crash goes mozzzz yet again.

Forum » Rugby » So who played re race card. Crash goes mozzzz yet again.

Nov 19, 2021, 11:42

Virulent anti Rassie basher mozzzzzz says Rassie played the race card.

Rassie of course is not allowed to defend Kolisi because he is black and doing so in mozzzz's warped eyes is racist.

However what did Kolisi himself have to say about his treatment by Berry. Could Kolisi's views have been the basis for what Rassie went on to say.

NOTE KOLISI HAS NEVER BEFORE SAID HE FELT DISRESPECTED BY THE REF.

This alleged lack of respect became a hot topic at the eve-of-second-game media briefing attended by Kolisi where he was asked about his interactions with Berry during a match lost by the Springboks.I didn’t feel respected at all, I didn’t feel a fair, I was given a fair opportunity. That’s the answer to the first question. And the second one is, yeah, I’m looking forward. It’s a new game, it’s a new referee, which I’m looking forward to. I think Ben will give a fair, a fair opportunity for both captains and that’s all I’ve always asked for.

I just say I just didn’t feel as, I didn’t get given the same access to the referee and there is proof. If you watch the game again you will definitely be able to see yourself. Yeah, I don’t want to speak too much about that because it has already happened, there is nothing I can do about it, it’s not going to change anything.” 

YES WE SAW THE DISRESPECT SIYA AND I AM GLAD IT WAS MENTIONED BY RASSIE. DOUBTLESS YOU AND RASSIE CHATTED ABOUT THIS. WE AKLSO SAW HOW PALLY PALLY BERRY WAS WITH THE LIONS CAPTAIN.

CRASH GOES ANTI BOK RASSIE BASHER MOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Nov 19, 2021, 17:27

Not anti Bok….anti Rassie yep guilty as charged.

Nov 19, 2021, 17:33

Here’s the race card..   exactly the kind of thing all of us have been deploring for years, but now okay because it was produced by Harrassmiss? Say it isn’t so!

We were invited to consider his ‘passionate and emotional reaction to what he perceived to be the disrespectful treatment of the black Springbok captain, should be understood in the context of a unique, extremely sensitive and very complex South African racial landscape’. 

Nov 19, 2021, 17:37

The report wording on this:

The judgment then added how Berry has reacted that second Test weekend following the allegation of disrespect towards Kolisi. “During his evidence, Nic Berry told us that he had ‘massive respect’ for Siya Kolisi as a person and as a player. 

“So concerned was he by the reported feelings of unfair treatment that at the second Test he sought him out and apologised if he had done anything which created the contrary impression. We accept without reservation Nic Berry’s evidence that he, and his officiating team, did not intentionally disrespect Siya Kolisi.”

The judicial committee ultimately decided that the alleged treatment of the Springbok captain by the match officials was not central to this case, but they had a final word on the matter in section 152 of the judgment.

“If there be doubt, we remove it: we recognise the exceptional sensitivity of race in South Africa. We are sure that none of the match officials deliberately or consciously treated Siya Kolisi differently from any other player. Nothing they did was motivated by race. 

Nov 19, 2021, 17:41

It’s actually racist on Harrismiss part  to assume any perceived disrespect was down to race. If it happened….which it didn’t…why could Kolisi not simply be a player who annoyed Berry. Why did it have to be racial.

I’ll tell you why…..because Harrismiss  knew the race card had weight….so he used it. And after all you chaps have been through in South Africa you support it.

The mind boggles!

Nov 19, 2021, 17:53

Rassie knew from the beginning what this would cause and a shameful pathetic move to drag Siya into it..he is desperate, trying everything to justify what he did...instead of trying to make martyr out of Himself, kolisi and all SA Rugby...just be man and move on!!! Now he wants to appeal and maybe court, more embarrassment and Negative shit! I don’t support this behaviour of rassie and he must put a end to this nonsense!

Nov 19, 2021, 19:05

Anyone who thought this would not have racial undertones must have been living under rock, under another rock, under another rock, under another rock in some kind of impenetrable membrane we shall refer to as die Luftblase. 

What this whole fiasco has showed us is that José has no limit to what he will do to get what he wants; he'll use anyone and resort to any means necessary. Kolisi was lucky this didn't escalate further, as he clearly doesn't have the temperament for that level of upheaval. To the Kak Pack, José isn't merely bigger than the Boks, he is the spirit of the Boks itself. They cannot separate the two. When these vindictive clowns were tearing into past coaches - mostly without any tangible reason - they were simply "Bok fans who have had enough". These are dangerous people. The kind that authoritarian figures unleash on society to foment change. 

Nov 19, 2021, 22:26

"If it happened….which it didn’t (oh yes it did crystal clear, Berry had his snout up Jones's arse and was dismissive towards Kolisi )…why could Kolisi not simply be a player who annoyed Berry. Why did it have to be racial..."

because Kolisi is soft-spoken and reserved he shouldn't be treated any different than an outgoing captain. A professional referee should treat both captains equally,  regardless of how he feels about them. It's his job to be neutral. He didn't treat the captains the same and neither the teams. He was bias...intentionally or not, doesn't matter, it showed in the officiating and in the way he treated Kolisi...and it was not your run of the mill race card, but I really dont have the time nor the patience to explain that to you now.

Nov 19, 2021, 22:35

"Anyone who thought this would not have racial undertones must have been living under ....."

ofcourse it had racial undertones, we live in a race obsessed country...he didn't say Berry treated Kolise dismissively because he was black, he said he got emotional because South Africans are more sensitive about how we treat black people...almost a race card, but not quite...Berry was the d!ckhead here, not Rassie and not Kolisi...if he didn't behave like a bias pr!ck, this never would have happened...and now he's playing the victim card...poor soul, let's get him to a safe space....horse sh!t.

Nov 19, 2021, 23:01

Spot on Draad there is no race card played at all

Nov 20, 2021, 00:30

Pommex, José deliberately used the race card to change the way the ref handled the Boks. 

Actually Herr Draht, José is the phallus. Quite a pathetic one. José owes the whole rugby world an apology for his shameful antics. Snor was a disaster, but he never took it this far. José is the perfect poster boy for the failed state that is South Africa. Sums it up perfectly. 

Nov 20, 2021, 00:32

No race card at all - fact

Nov 20, 2021, 00:33

Ja, race card to protect the non-leadership of the substandard Kolisi. 

Nov 20, 2021, 00:35

No race card

Kolisi is a great player and great leader evidenced by our number 1 ranking

Kolisi has been brilliant this tour - simply outstanding

FACT

Nov 20, 2021, 00:49

Seen from the left, seen from the right…..whether it’s because Rassie directly played the race card or he knew South Africans were so sensitive that they immediately think race matters little. The strong inference was Kolisi was disrespected because of his race. Which frankly I think is nonsense.

Nov 20, 2021, 07:10

After his bad treatment by Berry you can be certain Kolisi discussed this matter with Rassie. 

It is very clear from the tape that Kolisi was correct so Rassie was 100% correct to bring the matter up.

Berry never gave Kolisi a fair go and his numerous incorrect calls show conclusively his bias against the Boks. 

That he latter says how much he respects Kolisi etc is the rat simply trying to deflect. 

Anti Bok turncoats like mozzz and his Org are digging an ever deeper hole for themselves. 

Nov 20, 2021, 08:22

"That he latter says how much he respects Kolisi etc is the rat simply trying to deflect."

Indeed Beenz...if he had respect for him, he would have treated him with respect. Berry's bias was clear for everyone to observe, but instead of being concerned that a "top" international test referee displayed clear bias against the captain of the world champions, some people think it's in bad taste for Rassie and Kolisi to call a spade a spade.

Berry is the one who should make a public apology, but now he's the poor victim. 

Nov 20, 2021, 08:46

I don't like Keo much, but he's spot on 

Nov 20, 2021, 09:42

G'day  almal............ frantically seeking streaming sites for the obvious ........ Pakie & co ......Tx

Nov 20, 2021, 09:42

G'day  almal.........… 

Nov 20, 2021, 10:33

Berry's "bias" was never obvious. What was obvious was something I had commented on for years: Kolisi has no field presence, no leadership and stands around looking lost and unsure of himself. That's not a leader. He stands there as if he's a little boy waiting for teacher to come to him to give him his turn. Surrounded by the likes of Faf, Eben, Thor, Marx he is clearly out of his depth. No ref has ever disrespected Kolisi or exhibited bias against him, ever. Show me the clip(s) where this happened. Yet more tripe the Kak Pack can't point to. Like a fear mongering, pitchfork wielding mob. Intensity of feewings > truth. 

Nov 20, 2021, 21:29

It’s actually racist on Harrismiss part  to assume any perceived disrespect was down to race. If it happened….which it didn’t…why could Kolisi not simply be a player who annoyed Berry. Why did it have to be racial.

That is a price to be paid for having a quota captain for the first time in history.

It pits the respect given historically to previous captains and this first timer.

As stated already, the outburst was not about fairness in the game since SA rugby is the one rugby that benefited the most from WR favours but that the trend was no longer displayed as by the past.

The SA rugby staff understood that the trend was endangered, that somehow SA rugby was no longer the recipient of benefitial refereeing.

The fact they had a quota captain for the first time is a probable cause. If indeed SA rugby had many quota captains, all of them benefiting from the kind of reffing SA rugby think they are entitled to, well, there would be no cause.

Not the case though.

Nov 20, 2021, 21:55

Wow Alun Wyn Jones was treated better by the referee then Kolisi.  It had nothing to do with the fact that he is probably the best captain in the world with 12 years experience with Wales and captaining the lions for the last 3 tours.  

Guess what!  The refs give him a lot respect then other captains because he is bloody good at his job.  We have seen him sweet talking the referees for years at both club and country.  Racism my arse

Nov 20, 2021, 22:14

Sorry correction he captained the lions in matches in 3 tours he wasn't the lions captain in 3 tours

Nov 20, 2021, 22:47

"Guess what!  The refs give him a lot respect then other captains because he is bloody good at his job."

So he and his team should get special treatment because he's bloody good?...are you listening to yourself?

Nov 21, 2021, 00:14

Rephrase because he’s articulate and can actually make a point.

Nov 21, 2021, 00:40

Yes welcome to real life and the game of rugby.  Talking to the referee is a skill just like any other skill.  Some people are better than others.  

What do you expect, just because you are captain you command equal respect.  It doesn't matter what you say to the referee or how you say it.   Nope that is not life.  How you speak to a person influences how they will treat you.  

If I approach a referee in an aggressive manner I can expect a different reaction than if I approach him in a calm professional manner.  If I am winging all the way through a match complaining about every little thing I can expect a different reaction than if I chose my moments and approach him on key moments. 

You need to Log in to reply.