Should Kolisi be dropped for the lions

Forum » Rugby » Should Kolisi be dropped for the lions

May 13, 2021, 12:03

I know it is a bit harsh to drop our  world cup winning captain, although he only played for 56 minutes in the final and never seem to be able to finish  a game. 

I just asked the question on whether Kolisi is the right man to lead us. 

He seems to be too wrapped in Rock Nation, doing all of his endorsements. He has hardly played and only recently started for the sharks. He is not even their captain. 

With the lions right around the corner, I wonder if he will be in form and ready to take them on. 

We have enough leaders in the squad, just wondering whether Rassie will select the guy on sentiment or if he will go with form

May 13, 2021, 12:53

Kolisi has no leadership and has nothing to offer as a player. It's really that simple. He was the only black quota in the WC squad. He has actually been almost totally anonymous on the pitch throughout Josè's tenure. A few simple runs that lead to nothing, aside from the home All Black test of 2018. 

May 13, 2021, 13:02

Golden rule. Only make changes when forced to with injuries or when there is someone clearly better, and then only from the bench. Dropping him now will open the mother of all cans of worms. Not worth it.

May 13, 2021, 14:18

So it is better to lose agains the Lions then just so that we don't upset the ANC. We have enough black players in the team on merit. Why does the captain have to be black and even Am has done a decent job at the sharks

May 13, 2021, 14:22

He is not good enough as a player or captain but there is no chance he will be dropped. Best we can hope for is a par performance for 50 min followed by a substitution. 

May 13, 2021, 15:05

I think he should not be dropped because there is no one else clearly better than him. He is the face of the team the ANC would like to see. Duane is his general on the battlefield....there is no reason for another captain, because the current leadership as a collective won us the Rugby World Cup...I see no merit in risking to upset the politicians by fiddling with a proven winning combination. We had enough disruptions, we shouldn't go looking for more.

May 13, 2021, 15:15

Proven winning combination? Steph doesn't work, Kolisis doesn't work, Lood doesn't work, Damian doesn't work. We were damn lucky because no other WC winner has lost a game and carried so many passengers. The team needs some bold moves now. Either way, the team of 2019 is going to be building momentum from scratch. 

May 13, 2021, 16:10

That article is old news, Kolisi had a great game last weekend making the team of the week

Rassie is not stupid enough to drop our captain who happens to be the best openside we have and one of the best in the game

They don’t come much better than Kolisi with ball in hand or powerful defensive hits

Great player and great captain

May 13, 2021, 19:09

Kolisi one of the best opensides of the game? I don't for one moment believe that Josè thinks Kolisi is anything more than a political move. He was juggling Kolisi around like a hot potato before in 2018. Hemmed himself in. 

May 13, 2021, 21:51

Omelette what the fuck do you know

Hell if you had your ignorant way Schreuder would be our 9 with Morne at 10 you halfwit

May 13, 2021, 22:48

Schreuder can kick and pass accurately. You backed Reinach, who consistently failed to hit a simple screen pass from 2m and exhibited his wonky boot. You always fail Unteromlett. As per Morné? I backed Pollard when you were still pining for Lambie and Goosen. What did I say? Give him an extended run leading into the 2015 WC, with Morné on the bench if and when we need tactical control. As it was, we didn't have Morné when we were trapped in our half against New Zealand. Lambie's first contribution was a direct run like Pollard, where he got smashed and turned over. That about sums up your calls Unteromlett, one big splat. Like a mosquito hitting the windscreen of reality. I love it so! There's your new name: Bugsplat. :D

May 13, 2021, 23:29

YAWN

May 14, 2021, 00:11

Kindergarten  Imbecile

You always live up to  to the  description  I gave you.    For many years  you supported Moine and when he was replaced you were still lying about how he f#cked up the Perth test in 2014.   When Pollard replaced him you to moaned like  a stuck pig about it,   

So you at lakstc hanged your mind and when?      

May 14, 2021, 01:33

My opinion on the matter has been consistent. I defended Pollard on the 2014 EOYT when plastics like you had the knives out for him! You attacked Pollard, but defended the atrocities of Lambie. If you're going to tell it, tell it as it is Lügnerin. You live up to the title. 

As per the 2014 test? Who jumped the line, tackled a player without the ball and left a hole for Australia to work through to win the game? The ball was 60m away from our tryline, the events that transpired thereafter is what shows your true dishonest nature. You even lied about the weather, stating it was calm and dry weather. I said Morné pushed for too much distance into a strong wind, that's where his transgression ends. That fan favourites couldn't maintain line integrity for a few minutes with 60m of territory is quite another. I believe it was Serfontein who also made a key lapse.

You are dishonest, and vindictive. Traits that are too deep set at this point to be remedied. 

May 14, 2021, 01:42

Kolisi is never ball in hand, Dud Toit sees to that.

May 14, 2021, 02:00

S KolisiFL01320000......Japan

S KolisiFL022161000........Wales

S KolisiFL02370000........England

So in the knockouts, Kolisi ran for a total of 25 metres in 8 runs beating  zero tacklers and making no offloads. Did this make any meaningful contribution to our WC. Honestly I doubt it.

May 14, 2021, 07:21

Kindergarten Imbecile 

Who missed finding touch  with a penalty line kick in the Perth test by at least 5 meters - while Habama was off with a yellow card and would have returned to plamoff the idiot kicker found touch and the ball would have remained in the hands  of the Springboks and NOT the Aussies?

That was one of the biggest bugger-ops I have ever seen in test rugby and caused the Springboks to lose the test,    Wind  ss now the excuse for a total foul up by a player who was guilty of similar missed such kicks regularly - seven of those in  none tests.    A new  rubbish excuse for a total bugger-up.

And you so\called support for Pollard was only when the worst coach in the past decade - a total  failure in coaching - picked Lambie ahead of   Pollard in the EOYT and not when the  idiot coach  still had Morne in the mix.    

Whenever you support a player failure is guaranteed.   By the way under what username were you posting in 2014?            

May 14, 2021, 10:00

Losing your nerve again Lügnerin. I can imagine you this morning: One slipper on foot, your pajama pants the wrong ear around shuffling around until you stumble onto your keyboard. Squinting at the screen, your lip quivering into a snarl as the word Mozart appears out of the haze. Now you clench the keyboard and begin mashing it furiously! 

May 14, 2021, 10:15

Your constant reference to that game as the cornerstone of your argument is as weak as your understanding of his contribution to the Boks. Even if you just want to balance two games... I would take the Perth defeat any day of the week for the 2nd test victory against the BIL in the Pretoria test. A game I was at where he turned certain defeat into a victory when Ruan was subbed. 

May 14, 2021, 10:32

Morne was quite something 2009 to 2011...and always solid enough ever since...not the most creative 10, but his record speaks for itself...he doesn't deserve the abuse.

May 14, 2021, 10:49

Morné is a constant scapegoat for Lügnerin. He still can't grasp it: Morné missed touch, and Australia then proceeded to advance over 60m to score a try. Three key defensive lapses cost us that game. He will never acknowledge those events. In his mind Morné kicks and the game ends. Later that year on the EOYT, Lambie fluffed many kicks against England including a charge down in our 22, along with missing a short kick into touch to setup a Bok line out in the Bok 22. What a damn hypocrite. 

May 14, 2021, 10:53

Agreed, for me by 2013 he had reached his sell by date. Can't blame the player for his continued selection. Lood is a case in point. 

May 14, 2021, 11:04

Morne was fucking useless - an ability to kick for poles does not define his rugby ability

Offered nothing on attack and has always been shit scared defensively

Least talented 10 we have had

Sure he could kick, if that floats your boat

May 14, 2021, 11:11

An ability to create space, read play and had the best long passing game of any of our tens of the past twenty six years. No other Bok 10 has a record of backline success like Morné. He did it in 2010 without Du Preez at Super and test level. Lambie, Goosen, Bosch, Cat, Jantjies, Rose and all the other pretenders haven't come close. As for Pollard, it's only in the past couple of active seasons that he has grown more into his potential. He still has a way to go. 

May 14, 2021, 11:25

An ability to create space bwhaaaahaaaa

He was fucking useless

Worst Bok 10 I have ever seen - no contest

Utterly fucking useless

Offered zero with ball in hand but worst of all he is a chicken shit. The guy is shit scared on contact

Only a rugby idiot defines a player by his ability to kick for poles

May 14, 2021, 14:34

Okes, so looks like we are divided about whether kolisi should waltz in the team. 

Not many games left before the BI shows up, but he needs to pull up his socks. 

Personally, he use to be a fantastic attacking 7, he was never a 6 and will never be a 6. But he has bulked up a lot since then, but with the size comes a price. He no longer has the stamina to last the game. 

Where as Duane and Steph have natural bulk and can last all game. 

Kolisi did have a great WC final, probably his best game. Really solid, made all of his tackles. But he never attacks the rucks, always stands 2 players away from the ruck, gets skewed stats as he hardly ever tackles on his own. 

But Sadsex is right, who else do we have at 6. Van Staden has been solid but no other 6 really putting up their hands

May 14, 2021, 15:52

No he should not be dropped...he is deserved of the part.

Team spirit is essential for any side...one of the most important drivers and motivators. We stop making issues of petty things.

I've never thought Kolisi a quota...I'm dead against Quota's, Black Empowerment or anything hypocritically racial...white,black or pink. 

We must quit this way of thinking

May 14, 2021, 16:01

Kolisi is a media and political presence. Nothing more. He is a hollow, flaccid selection that doesn't even qualify as an adequate feel good selection. He is the celebration of what? The ascendancy of mediocrity to sum up the new South Africa? He doesn't deserve to be in the squad. 

May 14, 2021, 16:17

I can’t think of one single instance throughout the WC where Kolisi made a meaningful difference......tackle, run, offload, turnover.....nothing. You can’t say that about any of our other players.

He was basically just a body on the field until about 55 minutes when he was subbed.

May 14, 2021, 18:49

Mozart

Unfortunately  you memory is lapsing.    Have  look at the ball  recovery by Kolisi before  Fransie"s long kick  downfield  followed by the open-field tackle by Du Toit keeping the Enhlishin their own half - which some tome later let to the try scored by Kolbie.

Kolisi was constantly  at breakdown points to together with   Vermeulen  De Allende and Do Toit ensured that there were no turnovers in possession after tackles. 

May 14, 2021, 19:35

Kolisi must be an absolute wizard seeing as he was taken off at 63' and Frans was brought on at 68'.

May 14, 2021, 19:51

Lügnerin does it again! The tongue forks and his solitary lobe can't keep track of its wild fluttering. Many laughs ensue. Not the first second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth or even twentieth time he has made this kind of error. He simply doesn't learn! 

May 14, 2021, 20:42

Poor old Perv....any school boy involvement in a play is sufficient to justify players he is supporting.....even if they weren’t on the field when the incident happened.

Kolisi was irrelevant.

May 16, 2021, 07:02

Whenever you and  the Kindergarten Imbecile condemns a player you can be sure the opposite is true,    

May 16, 2021, 12:42

I see ou Organhuffer thinks the pedestrian Schreuder is a top scrumhalf. Hahahahahahahahha hilarious! But wasn't organhuffer the oak arguing that Morne Steyn was better than Dan Carter at one point? Emoticon Smiley Laughter Laughing Lol Png Image High ...

May 16, 2021, 13:10

"But wasn't organhuffer the oak arguing that Morne Steyn was better than Dan Carter at one point?"

Careful now Herr Sitzsack, you're falling into a Lügnerin lie that he resurrected three times at his own expense. I've always maintained that Butch was the most talented Bok 10 we've had. I ranked Carter joint first with Larkham.

As per Schreuder? He ranked top of the 9s for assists in the 2018 and 2019 Super rugby seasons. He is the most fundamentally sound, i.e., he can kick and pass a accurately. Faf et al can't do these things.

Herr Sitzsack, you're like a drunk playing darts with these feeble bleatings. Nothings sticking. 

May 16, 2021, 13:27

Problem is that Butch James  whom I met twice is s stupid a person as you are and develop a regimen of play that was one=dimensional to say the least.    He deserved to be a Springbok - but he was 10 times better than Morne Steyn but not a patch on Pollard,    

Schreuder is a nice Provincial player - but never one to take the step up to higher level.  In that he can be regarded as equal to Esterhuizen - who was tried on test level and produced zilch  of real value in the matches he played, where he only proved he was a deficient defender,        

May 16, 2021, 13:39

I've met Butch as well, and I can verify that he can string at least two coherent words together! You should have been taking notes Lügnerin :D

Let's go back to the WC and see all those wonky kicks by Faf. Or all those missed passes by Faf and Reinach - the latter looking out of his depth against minnows. You're easy pickings Lügnerin. 

May 16, 2021, 19:21

There was no wonking kicks  by Faf in the WC final.   With the exception of  one kick that was slightly too far for effective follow\up - every kick he made put the English recipient  under pressure and they constantly lost ground as a result.

Easy picking out the total BS you write on site  has been going on for years.           

May 17, 2021, 11:20

So Kolisi had a massive impact this weekend for the SAARKS. So big that his team conceded 40 points. All thanks to some fantastic mauling and forward play by the bulls. 

Kolisi has never been a forward that can get stuck in when he needs to. Likes to hang around the fringes or the wing. 

But I have never seen him actually defend on the try line

Again, not sure in the condition that he is that he will cope against the lions. 

If he can man up in the tight or keep up with the likes of Tom Curry then I'm sorry. He is not ready for the lions. 

Not many games left until July for him to come right

May 17, 2021, 14:42

Morne Steyn won more games for the Springboks with his boot than many other #10's selected for the Boks.

Stop hammering the guy he did not select himself if he was unfit to play for the Boks as many of you week-end "Springboks" suggest, blame the selector/s.

Plus Kolisi is a token "Skipper" we all know who is the real Captain.

CM your comment about James is uncalled for.

Stupid is voting for the ANC.......remember!

Any Springbok team to play the Lions will be "wanting" against the Lions without Vermeulen, Pollard and the winning #9 from the Sale Sharks.

Plus Dave would not select a Springbok team without his "Hero" at #10.

Trust the selectors can come up with a winning combination against the Lions later this year.

May 17, 2021, 16:34

AJH

I do not think kicking at goal is that important in rugby anymore - the scoring of tries is.   That is where Morne came short,

Be it as it may - there is a question I want to ask you,   I posted under Beeno's Madness a question to Mozart  about inflation and other problems in the USA,   He did respond to the reasons for the 18% fall in the Dollar compared to the Rand and he indicated that the fall was against a number of currencies and was due to reckless spending by the Biden Administration.   ,   He did not respond to the other issue raised  as to inflation in the USA.   Maybe you would respond on the latter issue,   Is it as bad as indicated in the CPI?          

May 17, 2021, 17:51

Hmmm, did you watch the game against the SAARks this weekend, Morne actually did some decent distribution to get his backs away. 

Yes, he is a bit long in the tooth, depends on the game plan, but he has done really well under Jake this season. 

Although, very hard to judge given our local rugby competition has been so inbred, very hard to judge

May 17, 2021, 18:04

CM firstly I do not read all the postings but in general I always do read Mozarts posts as they are always fact and not BS .

In this case we are talking rugby and that was what I was responding to.

With respect to the USA $ dropping 18% it is going to lose a lot more value with this bunch of clowns at the wheel of the SHIP OF FOOLS.

But I like the rest am playing the market and very cautious and nervous about when to get out.

May 17, 2021, 19:06

AJH

What about inflation - is it as bad as the CPI indicates? 

May 17, 2021, 19:50

Mike all I can tell you is that gas is just under $4 a gallon in Blane, Washington State.

The previous time I visited the same Gas station gas was around $2.60 a gallon and that was in September 2020.

Food is more expensive and the price of lumber has skyrocketed to a level that has many builders and renovators taking a break from building as the prices are way out of line with reality.

Unemployment has risen according to my associates in WA and numerous fast food outlets only have drive through service available due to the pandemic regulations.

Believe the numbers you see as they are real and not a spin.

Last month 250K folks found work against the Biden forecast of 1 million, stay tuned for the big fiddle with next months forecast and actual true number of folks who found work.

Even the on line shopping have raised their prices and in some case actually doubled the cost of goods.

In general from a year ago it appears that everything is on the decline including the moral of the population.

Biden and his SHIP of FOOLS sure have done a number on the US economy.

Bad times ahead for the folks due to weak and ignorant government appointments.

Stay tuned and watch the Middle East explode if the world powers don't act now.

You need to Log in to reply.