Forum » Rugby » SA based Bok side

Jan 24, 2021, 01:59

Based on Super rugby unlocked and the CC, what talent is available locally:

Fullbacks:

Fassi, Gelant and Willemse

New addition: Tiaan Swanepoel and David Kriel

Wings:

Nkosi, Ismiel, Skosan, Senatla and Sergel Petersen

New additions: Tambwe, Stravino Jacobs, Angelo Davids, Penxe, Maxwane, Obi and Stiaan Pienaar

Centres:

Am, Odendaal, Dan Kriel and Dan du Plessis

New additions: Gans, Similane, Rickus Pretorious and Marius Louw

Fly halves:

Jantjies, Bosch and Willemse

New additions: Chris Smith and Swiel

Scrumhalves:

Jantjies, Papier and v Zyl

New additions: Nohamba, vd Bergh, Hendrikse and Zak Smuts

Props:

Nqoboka, Nyakane, Ox Nche, Thomas du Toit, Sadie, Malherbe, Dylan Smith, Marcel vd Merwe and Kitshoff

New additions: Gerhard Steenkamp, Boan Venter, Sithole, Kumbarai, Mchunu, JJ Wessels, Ig Prinsloo and Ruan Kramer

Hookers: Mbonambi, Scara, Keron v Vuuren

New additions: Grobelaar, Erasmus, Jooste, Mbatha and Reinach Venter

Locks:

JD Schickerling, Jason Jenkins

New additions: David Muihuizen, Moerat, Ruben Schoeman, Ruben v Heerden, JJ vd Mecht, Walt Steenkamp, LeRoux Roets and Manjezi

Loosies:

Vermeulen, Arno Botha, Carr, Marko v Staaden, Jaco Kriel, Notshe, Kolisi and Jaco Coetzee

New additions: Elrigh Louw, Tshituka, Dylan Richardson, Buthelezi, v Rhyn, James Venter and Augustus

Capped Bok side:

15. Gelant 14. Nkosi 13. Am 12. Willemse 11. Ismiel 10. Jantjies 9. Jantjies 1. Kitshoff 2.Mbonambi 3. Malherbe 4. Jenkins 5. JD Schickerling 6. Kolisi 7. Arno Botha 8. Vermeulen

16. Scara 17. Thomas 18. Nyakane 19. Orie 20. Notshe 21. v Zyl 22. Bosch 23. Frans Steyn

Uncapped Bok side:

15. Fassi 14. Pienaar 13. Similane 12. Louw 11. David’s 10. Swiel 9. Nohamba 1. Boan Venter 2. Reinach Venter 3. Sadie 4. Ruben Schoeman 5. Ruben v Heerden 6. Richardson 7. Tshituka 8. Augustus

16. Grobelaar 17. Steenkamp 18. Ig Prinsloo 19. JJ vd Mecht 20. Elrigh Louw 21. vd Bergh 22. Smith 23. Rickus Pretorious

We have depth to burn

Add all our foreign based players and we just can’t lose

Jan 24, 2021, 18:49

Forgot about Pieter-\Stef Du Toit?

Jan 24, 2021, 19:34

He has played no rugby since the WC so I did not forget him as I based my calls on Super rugby unlocked and the CC

Jan 24, 2021, 23:32

Good move leaving out Dud....I still like Willemse at 12.

Jan 25, 2021, 00:00

Now now Moz

I think SA rugby is best served with Willemse playing 12 as we are covered at 15 in terms of younger players in Fassi and Gelant so we actually do not need Willemse at 15

With his creativity and dancing feet he could be a real handful at 12 and looks to have bulked up a bit. Was always naturally a big back at around the 90kg mark but I’d say he was about 95kg now

Who is Dud in your eyes again is it de Allende or PSDT? I can’t keep up

Jan 25, 2021, 00:08

They are both Duds Dave......Dud Allende and Dud Toit. 

Jan 25, 2021, 00:29

Bullshit Moz

Billy Beaumont reckons PSDT is the best forward in the game - go read his take

I guess he is wrong to along with the rest of us

His take on de Allende is spot on to

Jan 25, 2021, 00:48

Yeah he got that wrong, but he was mostly right.  He  highly rates the Beast, Mostert and gave Vermeulen  who you and Mike retired years ago....a perfect 10. Stick with Moz.

Jan 25, 2021, 00:52

Always rated Beast and Vermeulen never Mostert - he says very little about Mostert other than most tackles

Jan 25, 2021, 15:17

Why did you select Orie, waste of space, Yellow card again on Saturday. Hardly does anything and just gives away needless penalties 

Jan 25, 2021, 16:28

I can’t stand Orie but there are no other locks playing in SA that have been capped

I actually don’t think JD has a cap but he was in the Bok squad at one point but I don’t think he has a cap

Same applied to me selecting Frans Steyn on the bench, there are no other capped players to choose from

Jan 26, 2021, 13:06

I think you have a highlighted a very real problem in that we simply don't have enough springboks in all positions playing their rugby in SA anymore. 

Hopefully with the move north, the franchises can get some serious dough and hold on to our best players as they will have to compete agains the likes of Munster and Leinster.

If the can get into the championship cup, they will have to face English and French teams which will be no easy task. Especially when you play the likes of Toulouse,  but their players are actually from SA 

Jan 26, 2021, 21:08

Yep of the starting WC final side only 6 play in SA and of the match 23 only 9 play in SA

Kind of says it all

You need to Log in to reply.