Paul Willemse

Forum » Rugby » Paul Willemse

Feb 14, 2021, 17:19

Is looking mean and lean - never seen him in such good shape. The guy has a V and six pack

Feb 15, 2021, 17:12

Always rated him.

Unfortunately for SA rugby the Rand could not hold him back from the Francs.

Cannot blame the players now can we.

But he has really got into shape and playing well once again.

Feb 15, 2021, 18:26

Him going to France did not stop our stupid Bok coaches from capping him and that includes Rassie

Willemse, Duhan vd Merwe, Jacques du Plessis, Pierre Schoeman, Ollie Kebble and Ruan Ackerman should all have been capped and would have all added value to the Bok cause

Feb 15, 2021, 18:38

Correct and a few more I would bet.

Feb 17, 2021, 18:00

Yep a few more I could think of include Jean Kleyn and David Ribbans

Most of the current lot of youngsters that have left still have the 5 year qualifying period to get through before they can be selected by the countries they are playing in now.

So Rassie and co have time on their hands before needing to cap them if they prove to be good enough like the likes of Paul Willemse, CJ Stander, Kebble, Duhan vd Merwe etc

If I was the Bok coach I’d make sure I capped every good player even if it was for 5 min off the bench against say Italy.

Reality dictates that given we cant compete financially and retain our players we need to be vigilant about identifying the good ones and making sure they remain the possession of the Boks

Selfish maybe but fuck it, I would not be selling myself short and losing out on the likes of Willemse and Duhan

Feb 17, 2021, 19:39

I have always been a Willemse fan, but he was pretty poor against Ireland.......did nothing in the lineouts and blew two try scoring chances.

This guy is a 4 lock, not a 5.

Feb 17, 2021, 20:12

Disagree he had a good game, made 17 tackles I think the commentators and he was very physical with ball in hand and along with le Roux, bullied the Irish

Agreed he is not a 5 but a 4 but boy he looks in good shape

You need to Log in to reply.