Opinion Poll on player performances in the WC

Forum » Rugby » Opinion Poll on player performances in the WC

Nov 06, 2019, 10:43

News24 ran an opinion poll about the best performing players in the WC and the outcome was as follows:

Du Toit             =      22%

Vermeulen        =      22%

Kolbe               =      17%

De Klerk           =      10%

De Allende        =        9%

Mapimpi           =        8%

Pollard             =        7%

Kolisi                =       3%

Another Player  =       1%     

Nov 06, 2019, 11:52

So, 78% of the voters did not back PSDT? Is that what you are telling us?

Nov 06, 2019, 11:58

I told you, he never thinks before he speaks! Slams his wiener in the door again! 

Image result for smiley laugh gif

Nov 06, 2019, 13:12

Foeitog 

The public has their own favourites - the experts made the selection.   

Nov 06, 2019, 13:15

Hard to believe that Ceradunce and Omlett are so naive that they'd expect the winner to receive 100% of the votes but 22/% is more than 1 out of every 5 votes in a squad of over 30 . . . and a higher percentage than everyone else bar the equally deserving Duane Vermeulen . . . but look at the little dears squealing with delight because they think they've proved something.

The word "pathetic" doesn't quite cover it.

Nov 06, 2019, 20:02

Waaaaahahaha....a perfect response Vlag. With all that hype behind him Stephanie  got less support than Bernie Sanders.

Nov 06, 2019, 20:13

"With all that hype behind him Stephanie  got less support than Bernie Sanders."

But more support than every other Springbok other than Duane Vermeulen (who tied him) and 21% more (at best) than the hopelessly overrated hype machine Eben Etzebeth who managed a mere fraction of 1%.

LMAO!

Talk about backing the wrong horse!

Nov 06, 2019, 20:23

Vlag you are a dunce

Nov 06, 2019, 21:13

I ask again Peeper, be honest now, do you think Stephanie was the best Rugby player in 2019.

Nov 06, 2019, 21:27

But Peeper this who you liked in May

This thread is about the form players of 2019. Le Roux and Etzebeth aren't even in the conversation.

1. Liza Gqoba
2. Malcolm Marx
3. Carlu Sadie
4. RG Snyman
5. Pieter-Steph du Toit
6. Siya Kolisi (capt)
7. Jean-Luc du Preez
8. Dan du Preez
9. Faf de Klerk (not that I've seen that form myself . . . but the alternatives are too horrible to contemplate.
10 Handre Pollard (only marginally ahead of Curwin Bosch)
11 Makazole Mapimpi
12 Andre Esterhuizen (who else?)
13 Lionel Mapoe
14 Dillyn Leyds
15 Damian Willemse

There's your form team of 2019. Not saying it's the Springbok team I'd choose but that's not what this thread is about.

My own team would differ slightly from that. Andre Esterhuizen might be the most dependable #12 we have at the moment but he's no world beater and I'd try to sneak Handre Pollard or Damian Willemse into this role with a bit of shuffling including Curwin Bosch in the mix. My combo would be #15 Bosch, #12 Pollard and #10 Willemse but you could switch Pollard and Willemse and I wouldn't complain too loudly. I'd love to see us play all three these talented players in the same backline.

Hahaha, let's see you got 4 of the starting positions right. Rugby noob.....you define the term.

And I see you were picking Lleyds ahead of Kolbe. But, but, but....you recognized him years ago....what a b/s artist.

Nov 06, 2019, 21:32

And then there's this:

For the groupies, no-one is saying Etzebeth hasn't got some value. We're just saying that in this season - 2019 - he hasn't done one thing to warrant selection and on current form I can think of about 6 locks who merit selection ahead of him . . . and that's not counting Pieter-Steph du Toit who is not currently playing in his best position.

Hilarious, Peeper pretending a player who he claims is not playing in his best position....is now the best player in the world.

Nov 06, 2019, 21:32

Moffie, I've already answered your question once . . . so now have the courtesy to answer a question of your own . . . if you think it's so funny that Pieter-Steph only got 22% of the vote, how funny is it that your wet-dream fantasy Eben managed less than 1%?

Hmmm? Let's just say on a scale of 1 - 10 . . . how funny is that?

Nov 06, 2019, 21:39

Wehe.....so what did Gqoba, Sadie, the Deysel Twins, Willemse, Mapoe, Lleyds , Esterhozen, Willemse and Bosch get?

Nov 06, 2019, 21:46

Just answer the question, coward, it's a single number between 1 and 10 that is required. That's all.

Nov 06, 2019, 22:27

I see Damien is 5th most rated player...not too shabby for an idiot who botched at least 3 tries in the final!

Nov 07, 2019, 07:32

PDu Toit IRB RUGBY PLAYER OF THE YEAR. LMAO!!!! 

Nov 07, 2019, 08:34

Each of the members have their own teams and the fact is that instead of evaluating players properly on performance ability and how they fit into the broader team structure everyone suggested there are some players we prefer to others.   However, some members never look at player performances and then come up with prejudiced attacks on individual players they dioslike instead of being objective.   

I normally support the squads and teams as selected by any responsible coach primarily based on proven performances.   When any other basis becomes the norm,  it normally means disaster.  That is why the trophy cupboard of SARU has been empty for ten years with nothing to show positively by the Springbok team during that period.  

Now suddenly we have the most important trophy in World Rugby and another of the most important trophies in the world as well.  the question is why did it happen?  The answer is simple about the missed opportunity decade, namely -

*    defective coaching; and

*    embarrassing team selection on a basis where performance was totally ignored. 

I would rather see that we go on a new and positive path rather than go back to the ten years the Springbok team went nowhere and came near to demise.  The sponsors were departing and the more it happened the worst was the financial position was as to SARU and the more empty or half-empty stadiums they have in both tests and other levels of rugby.

With the rugby performances on the whole being  great  this year - we have two camps on site, namely the positive approach camp that looks to the future positively on the one hand and the break and destroy camp hankering back to the past who only see negatives ahead because of their  favourite players not being in he squad and according to them the totally "discredited coaching" set-up SA now has.

Which camp would members like to belong to?             

Nov 07, 2019, 17:47

3%

21%

22%

11%

8%

9%

8%

17%

1%

Updated.

Nov 07, 2019, 18:06

Duane was yster too.

Maaik:"With the rugby performances on the whole being  great  this year - we have two camps on site, namely the positive approach camp that looks to the future positively on the one hand and the break and destroy camp hankering back to the past who only see negatives ahead because of their  favourite players not being in he squad and according to them the totally "discredited coaching" set-up SA now has.

Which camp would members like to belong to? "

I haven't seen you complaining about your pet hates too much, but I also haven't seen you revising your pre-RWC takes on Vermeulen, Flo and Fransie...all tree heavily criticized by you earlier this year and all three playing vital roles in our campaign...Brits too.

I think you underestimates the luxury a coach has knowing he has someone on the bench he can send on in the last 10 minutes of a tense match...someone who has been there before...someone who won't fold under the pressure...old bones perhaps, but a cool head makes up for it.

Thor, Fransie and Fow were huge for us this RWC...and their value was as bench players(the last 2)...our bench set us apart from the opposition. 

We are going to struggle to replace Duane.

You need to Log in to reply.