NZ. back to the past

Forum » Rugby » NZ. back to the past

Jun 08, 2020, 09:35

Superugby returns this week-end, Saturday Chiefs .v. Hilndrs, Sunday, Blues .v. Canes. Back to normal, no social distancing ...... bring it on.

Jun 08, 2020, 10:09

Credit to New Zealand for being the first country in the world to be in a position to lift restrictions and return to normal sport with normal crowds.

Jun 08, 2020, 17:01

With normal ‘cowds’ (sic) and there I was thinking the sheep were more prevalent. But I’m relieved to hear the cows are normal and resisting the Wuhan virus. Are the sheep okay?

So tell us Peeper what exactly do you  credit them for to be in this position? The floor is your’s.

Jun 08, 2020, 19:54

Oh dear, looks like Moffie is having one of his typo kanipshins again!

LMAO!

The doddering and drunken old fool has never gotten over the beatings I gave him after his pedantic and sanctimonious corrections of other people's typos when he can't spell simple English words like "teeth", "vicious" and "speech" . . . and he thinks finding someone else's typo makes up for his laughably poor English and his low IQ.

I suppose when you're a poorly educated septuagenarian loser with the emotional maturity of a 7 year old then finding someone else's typo and crowing about it might be the highlight of your day, but I sincerely hope I'm not that pathetic when I'm in my 70s. Thankfully, that's still a long way away.

Jun 08, 2020, 20:38

Uh oh....the slimy Peeping Tom In the elevator going down, desperately looks for his stock of typos  from the past. Imagine being so desperate that you maintain a record of a poster’s typos!

But you haven’t answered the question lard arse. What is it you ‘credit’ in the NZ toolbox?

Jun 08, 2020, 21:20

Typos?

"Kanipshin" is a typo? Good grief! That would have to be a combination of typing while very drunk together with the most incredible coincidence of all time.

LMAO!

How is "teath" a typo, dumbo? You only have to hit the "e" a second time and somehow your finger heads off and hits the "a" instead?

Hilarious!

Moffie, I don't think you're understanding the distinction I'm making between a typo (missing a key or hitting the adjacent key by mistake) and a spelling mistake which someone makes because they're stupid or poorly-educated. You squeal and shriek when people do the former while making the latter all the time.

Jun 08, 2020, 22:55

No Peeper .....Kanipshin  is:

Kanipshin fit - phrase meaning and origin - The Phrase Finder

www.phrases.org.uk › bulletin_board › messages
Jul 5, 2005 - : : What is the meaning and origin of " kanipshin fit ". : From dictionary.com: : con· nip·tion : n. Informal : A fit of violent emotion, such as anger ...

And Kanipshin is:

What is Kanipshin?

Kanipshin: a Yiddish word for "to throw a fit or an anger tantrum."

Yiddish Dictionary Translation

The Yiddish word for kanipshin is ?????????? 

Schplotttttttttttttttt! 

Jun 08, 2020, 22:57

Wehe, so you're sticking with "kanipshin" then? Instead of "conniption"?

LMAO!

See now, Moffie, if you'd entered this debate like a grown-up and simply asked me to explain why I think New Zealand deserve credit for their Covid19 status then I'd have answered you already.

But you didn't. 

You started your argument like the weak and pathetic little child you are . . . making a big song and dance about my typo where I typed "cowd" instead of "crowd". You chose to get your childish little dig in before you asked your relevant question and now I'm addressing your first point first. It's the order that you chose, not me.

So while I have an answer for your relevant and sensible question, I first have to school you (yet again) on the difference between a typo and a spelling mistake . . . because you're too dull-witted to understand the distinction.

The term "typo" refers to a typing error. If I type too quickly and leave the "r" out of the word "crowd", that's a typo. 

If I type the word "startung" instead of "starting" then you can be pretty sure it's a typo because a) I've used the correct word "starting" many times before and b) the "u" is adjacent to the "i" on a standard keyboard. That's a typo and I readily admit I make a lot of typos . . . although to my credit, I always go back and correct them if I notice them or if someone points them out to me.

You following all this so far Moffie, or am I going too fast? Hmmmm? Take your time and re-read what I typed if you're not getting it yet. I do understand.

Now - moving on - a typo is very different to a spelling mistake. A spelling mistake is not a typo. When you type the word "kanipshin" it's not because you typed too quickly or hit the wrong key carelessly, it's because you're a poorly-educated fool who is using big words that he cannot actually spell to try and look smart or educated. 

When you claim "kanipshin" as a typo, you're expecting us to believe that you tried to hit the "c" key on a standard keyboard but missed so badly that you hit the "k" instead. You followed that with an even bigger miss when you hit the "a" instead of the "o", then came the "n" (very well done) but then instead of the second "n" in the word "conniption" you hit the "i" followed by the "pshin" part of the word that should have been "ption". 

Still following? Good.

Okay, so we've established that if someone had carelessly typed the word "conniption" and hit the adjacent keys by mistake then they would have typed something like "vpbbuorkpm" which would have been the kind of typo that Baboon-ou makes . . . but still a typo. You however came up with "kanipshin" which, considering how many "typos" you claim to have made is nothing short of miraculous. It's literally incredible that the word you ended up with is so close phonetically to the word you were trying to type. You claim to be the math expert so you go ahead and tell me the odds of typing "kanipshin" instead of "conniption" because of genuine typos. I'm guessing the odds are one in a billion or more.

Okay, do you understand the difference between a typo and a spelling mistake now, Moffie? Are you ready to move on? 

Remember, this is the sequence of debating points that you chose, not me. I'm ready to respond to your second point but I first need some closure on the initial point that you raised.

PS As for the fact that you typed the word "kanipshin" into Google and got a hit, note that I can type another of your ignorant blunders "teath" into Google and I'll get a hit.

From urbandictionary.com: "TOP DEFINITION

The incorrect spelling of "teeth". Not a very common error, but error nontheless.
Person A: My teath are white.

Person B: No, your teeth are white"

If you'd like to pretend "kanipshin" is a real word, link us to a recognized dictionary like Oxford, Collins or Chambers. Anyone with even a basic education or a double digit IQ knows it's spelled "conniption". Just check any normal dictionary if you don't believe me.

Jun 08, 2020, 23:13

Nope I typed in Kanipshin  .....nothing wrong with it’s use, unless you want to outlaw all colloquial language. Stop dodging......what’s this ‘credit’.

Jun 08, 2020, 23:16

Do you speak Yiddish or English generally, Moffie? Hmmm?

As for giving New Zealand credit, I've effectively answered your question on this thread in the appropriate forum.

Jun 08, 2020, 23:31

Do you Speak German or English generally

Also, check out the hypocrite Ubergruppenfuherer Von Barlee saying things like "I will not disclose that info as it was said to me in private . . ." and "Private is private, no matter how anyone thinks of it."

Jun 08, 2020, 23:38

As for this:

‘Well done New Zealand where the Corona epidemic is something of the past."

Indeed. Only 1200 odd cases recorded and only 22 deaths from a population of over 5 million. No new cases in the last 17 days and a grand total of 1 active case in the whole country.

Well done Jacinda Adern and New Zealand.‘

....  ..

It’s pandering nonsense. Even China where the disease broke out has a lower death rate per million pop. And Australia has the same death rate.

So tell me again what in the NZ approach do you think needs special praise?

Jun 09, 2020, 07:24

"So tell me again what in the NZ approach do you think needs special praise?"

Why? Are you so drunk or feeble-minded that you've forgotten already?

You know where my comments about non-rugby-related comments will be. Run along now.

Jun 09, 2020, 09:52

...Lucky we did'nt listen to the homicidal Trump dummy advocating the Swedish model  ( with one of the world's highest mortality rates ) as "obviously the way to go"  ...the way to go if you want to kill yr granny that is...

....but great leadership and team work demonstrated i thought by NZ... Kiwis now joining an exclusive club of nations that have stamped out the virus...Aussie still has 455 active cases so they still have a long way to go......NZ also the first country to bring back rugby this weekend... Go the Mighty Chiefs

Jun 09, 2020, 15:56

Actually NZ should be thanking Donald Trump who had the guts to call for travel bans, allowing NZ it’s usual follower role. This from your own NZ Herald:

New Zealand’s coronavirus travel ban stokes tensions with China

By Tom Peters 
6 February 2020

On February 2, the New Zealand government announced it would refuse entry to “any foreign travellers who leave or transit through mainland China.” Similar restrictions have been put in place by the US and other countries, in response to the outbreak of novel coronavirus, which began in Wuhan, but has already spread to many countries beyond China’s borders.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern (Credit: Governor General)

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern stressed that the travel ban was “temporary:” it will last 14 days and be reviewed every two days. However, should the virus continue to spread there is every chance the ban will be extended. So far, there have been no cases of coronavirus in New Zealand. A government-chartered flight from Wuhan arrived in Auckland on Wednesday, with about 200 people, mostly NZ citizens and residents, who will be quarantined at a military base for two weeks.

The Labour Party-led government is ignoring the advice of the World Health Organisation, whose director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus reiterated on February 3: “There is no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade.” The WHO has warned that such measures fuel distrust and impede a rational, globally coordinated effort to contain the virus. It has also warned “against actions that promote stigma or discrimination.”

The guys you thankfully never listened to, were the WHO.

Jun 09, 2020, 16:07

Two things emerge:

1 Australia and NZ were able to spare their countries a full outbreak because of the early travel bans....made possible because the US had done so already.

2 The fact that isolated, island nations like Australia and NZ were able to avoid the pandemic through simple isolation shows just what a huge disservice China and the WHO did to the world by not containing the virus in Wuhan.... having demonstrated that they could isolate the rest of China.

This is all so painfully obvious.

Jun 09, 2020, 17:57

By the time the world realized the problem, Cape Town was probably already seeded by hundreds of tourists from abroad. End of Feb and March is probably the best time to visit my neck of the woods....and this year had particularly mild weather in Feb...fantastic weather to be out and about and mingle. 

Early infection trends point towards the popular tourist attractions being hit the hardest. We were doomed from the start.:'(

Jun 09, 2020, 18:53

.....the Trump dummy has been gargling bleach again.... You could' fly a 747 through the gap in the US travel ban  -a ban for foreigners that did'nt include the 40 000 Americans equally capable of transmitting the virus that got through that flight ban... ......US btw 38 th to impose a travel ban so hardly could be described as leading the world.... what Fat Donny is leading the world at is with over 2million cases he's leading in infections and leading in fatalities...

...btw Australia's not an island it's a continent

Jun 09, 2020, 19:49

The whole travel ban thing is nothing short of pathetic and it's only stupid and brainwashed Trumpanzees who could possibly swallow the complete bullshit that Bozo put out to try and save some face after he downplayed the coronavirus.

Bozo has been banging on about the early travel ban since he realized how much egg he had all over his stupid fat face but as Brycy points out he didn't ban 40 000 Americans returning from affected areas so quite how someone could be stupid enough to think that his selective travel ban made a difference at all is beyond me . . . besides, the majority of US cases came from Europe, not China.

I seriously wonder sometimes just how gullible and dull-witted Trumpanzees must be to not only believe Bozo's ridiculous spin but to actively promote it as if it's a valid argument.

Jun 09, 2020, 20:01

‘A government-chartered flight from Wuhan arrived in Auckland on Wednesday, with about 200 people, mostly NZ citizens and residents, who will be quarantined at a military base for two weeks.‘

NZ did exactly the same thing, allowing citizens to return. Trump had zero support. A bit of common sense from the left would have helped and made the European bans easier. In the final analysis  the most serious infection route was via Europe.

But NZ did nothing novel, they simply flew in Trump’s slipstream.

Jun 09, 2020, 20:55

....\the Trump dummy still does'nt get it..... the NZ residents we brought back from China were  put in  quarantine ...the Americans that came back from China were not.... 

Jun 09, 2020, 20:59

Thousands of travelers who have returned to the United States after recent trips to China are spending nearly half a month behind closed doors, under voluntary self-quarantine, even though they do not pose any immediate coronavirus-related health risk to others.

These are not people sick with COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. They have had no fever and no cough, and they aren't necessarily being tested for the virus.

Where the blue blazes do you get your information?

Jun 09, 2020, 21:07

....exactly and the operative word there being voluntary....underlining just how weak the American's response was and why there are now millions of cases whereas we have none ...talk about dismantling yr own argument...btw has anyone seen Dr Fauci - rumour has it he is tied up down in Fat Donny's bunker...

Jun 09, 2020, 21:52

Why doesn’t NZ have the virus:

1 it has no real cities.

2 it’s an island

3 it’s incoming is mostly tourism...easy to switch off.

4 it’s people are easily regimented

5 most of the people prefer the lockdown to work.

6  the government followed Trump’s lead

7 there are no nursing homes where strangers infect the elderly ....4 generations still live in great grandad’s house.

8 hand washing is a new technology in NZ and makes a huge difference

9 there are no metal surfaces to touch, most things are made of wood.

10 the virus has good taste.

You can believe that, or believe that a bunch of sheep herders with a 1950s medical system and no technology figured out what the US, Britain and France couldn’t figure out. They have a black box, but just don’t ask them to explain it!

Jun 09, 2020, 22:04

Or you could believe the truth . . . that New Zealand has a bright, young and progressive Prime Minister who recognized the dangers of the virus and put New Zealand into a strict 7 week lockdown . . . while America has a fat, stupid, self-serving imbecile as president who though the virus was a Democrat hoax; who tried to deflect from his stupidity and incompetency by claiming his early travel ban saved so many lives when in the truth is his refusal to accept the reality cost tens or even hundreds of thousands of American lives; who pretended it would all magically go away; who claimed it was all under control; who put all his hopes on a wonder drug that actually does more harm than good; who suggested people should inject themselves with disinfectant and who is still endangering peoples lives by trying to open the economy just to make himself look good for the elections in November.

There's the real difference. Because of their respective leadership, New Zealand has beaten the pandemic and is returning to life as normal with no active cases while the USA has more cases and deaths than anyone else and is in a state of utter chaos.

Jun 09, 2020, 22:08

...mostly came down to common sense but can't expect a Trump dummy to understand what that is..

Jun 09, 2020, 22:16

Let's just agree that someone who thinks New Zealand's remarkable success is because they "flew in Bozo's slipstream" is as stupid as the bungling self-serving fool he worships.

Again, congrats to New Zealand for showing the world how to handle the crisis. What a pity that their success doesn't inspire people to follow their example and instead makes some of them petty, spiteful and jealous. I guess it's times like these that bring out the best and the worst of human nature.

Jun 09, 2020, 22:50

I worship nobody....but if Trump hadn’t stopped flights from China, NZ and Oz would not have had the political cover to do so that early. And that complete lockdown is all they did.

Lists of adjectives but the facts are plain.

Jun 09, 2020, 22:51

‘Though the virus was a Democratic hoax’?  That’s news to me Peeper.

Jun 09, 2020, 22:55

Is this a sentence or a novel......hahaha....what horrible communication:

‘Or you could believe the truth . . . that New Zealand has a bright, young and progressive Prime Minister who recognized the dangers of the virus and put New Zealand into a strict 7 week lockdown . . . while America has a fat, stupid, self-serving imbecile as president who though the virus was a Democrat hoax; who tried to deflect from his stupidity and incompetency by claiming his early travel ban saved so many lives when in the truth is his refusal to accept the reality cost tens or even hundreds of thousands of American lives; who pretended it would all magically go away; who claimed it was all under control; who put all his hopes on a wonder drug that actually does more harm than good; who suggested people should inject themselves with disinfectant and who is still endangering peoples lives by trying to open the economy just to make himself look good for the elections in November.‘

It is rather funny though to see you adopting my dots to break up ideas, you never did that before. But here’s the thing though, sometimes you need another sentence.

Jun 10, 2020, 07:33

Your dots?

Pfffffhahahahahaha!

No Moffie, what's been funny over the years is watching you (and a few others) start using the dots that I've used in all my time on these boards (so from about the turn of the millennium) and now seeing you claiming their use as your own.

Oh and I don't use them to "break up ideas", little copycat, I use them for their intended purpose, to show a pause.

The other things that's funny is seeing you jump all over my spelling, grammar and sentence construction (making a dick of yourself every time I might add) instead of addressing whatever point I'm raising . . . but don't worry, I do know how hard it must be to be a Trumpanzee and explain all the stupid stuff that your master does and says . . . so carry on nit-picking if that's all you've got.

Jun 10, 2020, 07:54

From wiki: "The ellipsis is a non-verbal cue that is often used in computer-mediated interactions, in particular in synchronous genres, such as chat. The reason behind its popularity is the fact that it allows people to indicate in writing several functions:

The sign of ellipsis can function as a floor holding device, and signal that more is to come, for instance when people break up longer turns in chat.[34]

Dot-dot-dot can be used systematically to enact linguistic politeness, for instance indicating topic change or hesitation.[35]

Suspension dots can be turn construction units to signal silence, for example when indicating disagreement, disapproval or confusion.[36]

Although an ellipsis is technically complete with three periods (...), its rise in popularity as a "trailing-off" or "silence" indicator, particularly in mid-20th-century comic strip and comic book prose writing, has led to expanded uses online. Today, extended ellipsis anywhere from two to dozens of periods have become common constructions in Internet chat rooms and text messages.[37] The extent of repetition in itself might serve as an additional contextualization or paralinguistic cue, to "extend the lexical meaning of the words, add character to the sentences, and allow fine-tuning and personalisation of the message".[38]"

Both DA and myself uses it regularly too. It's a natural way of skipping words or skipping between ideas...it's nothing new and nobody's aping anyone...I think...and the real intended grammatical use is not to show pause...

Jun 10, 2020, 10:18

The other things that's funny is seeing you jump all over my spelling, grammar and sentence construction (making a dick of yourself every time I might add) instead of addressing whatever point I'm raising 

The irony. 

Jun 10, 2020, 14:39

The irony indeed. Wee Redrooi is the biggest spell check fiend EVER. 

I warned him many times about this coming back to bite and of course it did. 

Fancy the petty minded nutter keeping a record of past errors!!! How revealing!!! 

Bwahahahahahaha

Jun 10, 2020, 15:09

How many times does this dumbass oaf Blob have to be schooled on the facts.  He obviously can't comprehend what happened or didn't read mine and others debunking all his anti Trump nonsense re the Wuhan Virus. He is as stupid as wee redrooi.

Before the end of January Trump banned all flights from China and formed the Coronavirus task team. Cuomo went to court to overturn what the demonrats called a racist Xenophobic call.

Piglosi goes to Chinatown to say come join in the celebrations all is well. De Blouse io says go to the theatres, go about your business as usual.

CNN etc say every thing is fine. What a wonderful montage of all the globalist media hacks we saw saying no need to worry. 

Dr Fauci says everything is fine. 

Then the pandemic hits New York and basically spreads from there. 

Cuomo issues an order saying infected people must be accepted back at old age homes. Other demonrat states follow suit! 

43% of USA deaths are then shown to be in old age homes. Then it turns out they are NOT counting old people who got infected at an old age home  but died in hospital!!!!! So what % of  people died in the USA because of old people being infected in old age homes because of the genocidal demonrat governors orders. 60% or 70%? 

Then Dr Birx says deaths are overstated by 25%. That is probably the minimum figure. 

Excluding these old age home deaths caused by democrats and eliminating over count of deaths how many died? Well we don't know but it could be 30,000 or so. 

Given the US. Population of 330 million that is a terrific achievement. 

Trump mobilized corporate America to produce all that was needed. 

Cuomo has no ventilators was totally unprepared. The fool said he needed 40,000. Trump sent 4000 and they never ran out  Trump built a center having 3000 beds and sent the US Comfort with another 1000 beds. They hardly used them. 

Cuomo and Newson of California praised Trump for all he did. 

Now of course the Demonrat Governors want to lock down as long as possible to do as much damage to the economy as possible. 

Demonrats cities have been looted and burned and there has been much violence. Blacks have suffered the most. 

In Chicago alone 40 odd people were shot in a week. 

Now the demonrats want to defund police. Only 16% of Americans agree. 

The demonrats are garbage. They hate America. But this communist revolution will fail. November will be a day of reckoning. 

Jun 10, 2020, 16:52

Circa 2018.....spot  all the dots:

This also raises the question of why the velociraptors and other dinosaurs missed the boat so to speak and why Noah selected certain species and not others . . . not to mention how he managed to get hold of breedings pairs of arctic foxes, kangaroos, ring-tailed lemurs and jaguars that all happened to be strolling around the deserts near Mount Ararat, but that's another story.

The fact is, there are not nearly as many stupid people in the USA as Ham thought because sales for his Ark Encounter have been rather disappointing and instead of the millions of tourists he promised, only a handful of the most dull-witted christian zealots waste their money visiting the Ark which by all accounts is just plain boring . . . even for bible-bashing half-wits. This is all despite the fact that  Ham managed to use taxpayers funds to build this monstrosity, using tax rebates and government incentives (and only using workers and builders who made declarations of christian faith). You can read more about the "funding" for this "project" here.

Ham is blaming "intolerant atheists" and "fake news" for the financial disaster that is the Ark Encounter. He's sounding like someone else I know. At night, the Ark is lit up by the colours of the rainbow because Ham is trying to take back the rainbow symbol that he says was stolen by the LGBT community. Again, that is not a joke. You can read it here.

I'd like to know from Baboon-ou is he's visited the Ark yet or if he is planning to visit?

Now I’m sure Peeper has used the device in the past.....but these days he is a serial user. Just another way I have raised his bar.

LMAOFY!

Jun 12, 2020, 23:44

Thanks for your solipsistic comments fellas ........ btw both games are sold out & down here in middle earth we shiver in anticipation.

Jun 13, 2020, 04:11

Indeed we do blobbok.

I was lucky to score some tickets it’s all sold out at Eden Park over 34,000 tickets how lucky we are to even be in this position.  Was hoping to see Dan Carter but his appearance has been delayed like dangling a carrot in front of the fans.  But I’m excited even the caustic comments on this thread don’t dampen the passion.  You enjoy the ruggers and good luck to your team.

Btw I looked up that word...

Definition of solipsistic

: of, relating to, or characterized by solipsism or extreme egocentricity.

Played by a ferocious cast of nonactors, the dead-end adolescent rebels in Kids are like a wolf pack of baby sociopaths, leaping from one solipsistic sensation to the next.  — Owen Gleiberman

“ the dead-end adolescent rebels in Kids are like a wolf pack of baby sociopaths” :D:D

Jun 13, 2020, 04:18

Thanks Rooinek....

Not surprising to see that you’re the only one who offered your congratulations and gave credit where it was due.  With thousands dying every day in the US, it’s not a precedent anyone would want to follow but then who knew it was a competition?

Jun 13, 2020, 05:19

Credit for what exactly?

Jun 13, 2020, 05:48

If an intelligent person like you can’t work it out then sorry I can’t dumb myself down to trumpertantrum level.

Jun 13, 2020, 06:32

Well don’t get down on yourself Cloudy....your pal Peeper couldn’t answer the question either. To me NZ has done a competent  lockdown job...but given a good 70% of NZ’s cases came from offshore, the moment things open up internationally  cases will likely resume.

Jun 13, 2020, 09:30

I never do. He doesn’t have to answer a question that was self-explanatory and neither do I.

So we are all going to follow the Pied Piper pfffttt then if he sets the precedent no country will be opening borders.

Enjoy your sour grapes while I enjoy my rugby.

Jun 13, 2020, 09:40

Actually, I did answer the stinking liar's question. I just answered it on the correct thread as I explained to the insufferably pompous old fool.

Enjoying watching rugby again! Highlanders look in control here but . . . Come on Chiefs!

Jun 13, 2020, 09:59

Breath of beautiful fresh air I’m loving it! Not fussed who wins just good to see them out on a rugby field again...big game tomorrow and I’ll be there.

Gooo the Blues!!

Jun 14, 2020, 00:35

Howzit Cloudy, good to see you're back. Love having the rugby back. Great decision allowing the spectators on the field after the game .......  the kids will be all over Beauden & co this afternoon. Btw there'll be 48000 in attendance, the weather will be cloudy Cloudy but no rain forecast. Go the Canes!

Jun 14, 2020, 00:39

Great father/son moment last night with Gatland jr. depriving his ole man of a victory with his 78 min droppie,

Jun 14, 2020, 05:44

Hey blobbok at the game waiting now. The buildup is intense the atmosphere hard to describe. I feel for countries still struggling with CV but we did the hard yards and now we get to enjoy the rewards.

I wonder what it was like in the Gatland household last night, that game was all it promised to be.

Right now I just can’t believe I’m looking at Dan Carter and Beauden Barrett in blue jerseys. Surreal.

Here we go. Enjoy!!

You need to Log in to reply.