Moz kindly point out

Forum » Rugby » Moz kindly point out

Nov 22, 2021, 16:49

Your bullshit take on DA being responsible for an England try - Ive had a look at all three of their tries again and can’t begin to arrive at DA being remotely responsible for an England try

Fictitious rubbish as I suspected but please prove me wrong

Nov 22, 2021, 18:08

‘Huge hole opening up in that defensive line, easy two on one’. 

Dud was never properly focused on Marchant who was his man. To be honest I have no idea what he was thinking. Jantjies had tackled the inside player and I think Dud thought he could come in above Jantjies and snuff off the pass.

But he was way too late…and the pass went off to Marchant and lights out.  Marchant ran through the barn door gap Dud had left wide open. 

If he just stayed on his assignment and made the tackle we would have been fine.

A massive mental error.

Nov 22, 2021, 18:13

Dave 

Mozart cannot prove you wrong because he dreamed up a reason to blame De Allende for the one England try.   I wrote about the tackling of  De Jager compared to Mostert, where he claimed that Mostert in game after game  made more tackles than De Jager - it was in fact total BS and I gave him the figures for the last three games.

In the 16 minutes Mostert was on the field on Saturday he made ZERO tackles and missed one.  In all three of the tests Mostert made 8 tackles combined.   In the Scotland test  where Mostert was on the field for 62 minutes he made 5 tackles and missed 1.   In the 16 minutes  De Jager played he made 5 tackles and missed ZERO.

Mozart obviously would not comment on that BS story of his - same as the one on De Allende.   

Nov 22, 2021, 19:07

Blah, blah, blah, blah….if you guys could explain to me who else was supposed to tackle Marchant I’ll buy you a toffee. As clear a blown assignment as you’ll ever see.

Nov 22, 2021, 20:39

Oh what utter horse shit - fuck me how insulting

DA was no where near Marchant who was playing 13, DA’s man was Slade

Wake up Moz for crying out loud

Nov 22, 2021, 20:40

Has Mostert actually played on this EOYT

Nov 22, 2021, 21:27

It’s as clear as crystal Marchant was Dud’s assignment….the South African commentator made note of the fact. The only argument that could be made was that Jantjies could have missed the tackle…but he didn’t.

Case closed….a school boy mistake by Dud.

Nov 22, 2021, 21:30

Commentator: "Damian de Allende stepping in to support Elton Jantjies, huge hole opening up in that defence".

Here is how they're lining up. Marchant (highlighted yellow) can be nobody's man but Damian's. There is too big a gap between Damian and Am for him to ever be Am's man.

Nov 22, 2021, 21:30

From the Sports 24 match commentary:

20 Nov 18:46

It's the small margins that count. 

A mix-up on defence by Elton Jantjies and Damian de Allende left that screaming gap. 

Nov 22, 2021, 21:32

Except Jantjies wasn’t confused he tackled the man he was lined up on…….Dud Allende was the moron that came inside onto the man Jantjies had covered and tackled…..leaving that ‘screaming gap’.

Nov 22, 2021, 21:33

Thanks Pakie, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Nov 22, 2021, 21:44

Oh what utter crap if Slade had run straight at Jantjies that might have been the case but he runs across field towards DA - blaming DA is a joke

Straight one on one line ups is one thing but an angled run completely changes that

Nov 22, 2021, 22:23

So Pakie is wrong, I’m wrong, the Rugby 24 match commentator is wrong, the TV commentator is wrong and you’re right? You need your eyes fixed and while you are about it have your bias checked out, these things can become resistant to antibiotics.

Nov 22, 2021, 23:11

Yes you are wrong - all Pakie is doing is drawing lines before the ball is received - a lot changes thereafter

The commentator is not blaming DA outright like you are - he speaks of confusion between Jantjies and DA

It’s absolute bullshit blaming DA

I have no issue fingering a player for a missed one on one tackle but this is certainly not the case - much like you blaming Kolisi for the second try which is even more of a joke

The ONLY reason you are blaming these two players is because you can’t stand them

Hell if it was useless Mostert in Kolisi’s position your call would have been that Reinach and Mapimpi should have stopped Freddie

Sorry but I don’t buy your crap that DA or Kolisi cost us those two tries - not even close

Nov 22, 2021, 23:24

Then who did?

Nov 22, 2021, 23:29

Well when Slade creates the space by targeting DA and times his pass perfectly to Merchant running a great line - no one misses a tackle

It’s good attacking play causing confusion amongst the defenders. We have to credit Slade for the angle he ran, the timing of the pass and the great line run by Merchant at speed

Nov 22, 2021, 23:52

That makes sense. But we will have to learn better, personal changes, to adapt to these challenges . With our current game plan and structures there is just not enough emphasis on backline attack. We have the X factor players and young talent that will run riot under the wright coaching. What we have in attack coaching and play on field, is not good enough. If we can get this up to standard and make necessary changes, we will be very hard to stop in WC.

Nov 23, 2021, 00:15

No you don’t learn from it, it’s the nature of the game

The week before DA did that to the Welsh defence as he did the week before that against Scotland

It’s split second decisions - DA instead of holding his line on Merchant, the angle Slade ran forced him to move inwards towards Slade as he will have thought Slade was getting away from Jantjies

Opportunities like that seldom come up in test matches these days so you have to grab them - England did that. It was perfectly executed

As was Etzebeth’s break but unfortunately he did not have the speed of a back and his pass to Marx was poor

Nov 23, 2021, 01:29

Sorry it doesn’t pass the smell test or just basic observation

1 The ball comes quickly off the lineout, on a set play Quirke throws a long pass out to Slade rather than Smith who hangs back deep to confuse the defence.

2 Slade  is opposite Jantjies. He runs no special line, if anything he attacks Jantjies outside shoulder.

3 Jantjies makes the tackle low leaving Slade’s arms free to pass. Marchant who has been hovering two steps deeper hits the ball at pace.

4 But there is no need Dud Allende is so confused he actually convinces himself he should tackle Slade even though Slade is first receiver and well marked by Jantjies. And even Marchant’ path  carries him right through where Dud was lining up.

5 Dud leaves a barnyard gap which Marchant runs through and then Dud trots meekly behind the movement.

…..

There is your truth Dave and the real truth which is Dud gifted England a try right when we looked set to win it.

Nov 23, 2021, 01:55

Your truth is rubbish - look no further than Slade running away from Jantjies and towards DA - fact

That’s the truth - your truth is not based on rugby at all and only on your dislike for the best 12 in the game

Nov 23, 2021, 03:16

Utter balls…Slade ran all of 3 strides pretty much straight down the park. This angle stuff is just a fabrication to protect Dumb Dud Allende. 

Thinus  Delport called it right on the commentary De Allende stepping in left a huge hole in our defence. But I suppose Delport also knows nothing and is anti Bok.

Nov 23, 2021, 07:44

Yes you are wrong - all Pakie is doing is drawing lines before the ball is received - a lot changes thereafter

Slade is already carrying in that image. At the very least this is a breakdown in defensive communication. As you see on this image when the pass goes, DA gets caught in no man's land. It's not so much that he stepped in, it's that he held his position inside while the movement was drifting outside and ended up nowhere worth being. He is not covering the gap, he is not tackling the carrier (who is already being sorted out by Jantjies).

It's a smart bit of running by Slade, sure, but it's also pretty ordinary defending.

Nov 23, 2021, 12:11

Bullshit - the whole move creates uncertainty

Firstly Marx at the back of the line out gets blocked by the ref, it’s his job to cover inside.

Jantjies and DA would have noticed this so the uncertainty would have started there.

Then Smith is used as a decoy and a long pass is sent to Slade instead of Smith - so again a change up, every change throws in question marks. Slade attacks Jantjies outside shoulder heading towards DA

With all this happening DA clearly does not think Jantjies has Slade covered when in fact he does. Split second call - to say DA was lazy blah blah blah bullshit firstly tells me the person saying as much had either never played rugby or if they did it was at such a low level where variations in play to create opportunities never ever featured

The circumstances lead to uncertainty in our defensive line, it was a good attacking set up helped significantly by Marx being blocked by the ref

To blame DA one of the best defending centres in the game is a joke

Simply is not the case

Nov 23, 2021, 14:31

Allende selected for team of the week and world team. Meaning right now he is the best 12 in the business.

So whatever you have to say about Allende leaving  a gap open that doesn't define his performance for the match.

Allende was superb and every one bar some nutters here know that.

The only thing more embarrassing for Moz was a player he trashed being world rugby player of the year. Cant think of anything that tops that! Bwahahhahahahahahahaha

Nov 23, 2021, 14:33

Sorry Saf, but look how compressed he is against Jantjies, they probably targeted that channel knowing that they had no trust in Jantjies defence. Although, this on de Allenda as Marx would have been able to cover Jantjies but to expect hi to cover that wide is insane. Even just getting in the way with no clean tackle would have helped. 

It is not the first time, Australia did the same to us in the Championship in the same channel. So  we are definitely venerable here

Nov 23, 2021, 14:57

Crap King you clearly don’t appreciate what is going on there at all. In your mind it’s simply a one on one tackle ignoring what’s actually happening in the process.

Marx blocked from defending, Smith sitting as a decoy, great long pass to Slade buying time and then Slade running towards DA.

That would have caused uncertainty between Jantjies and DA. Remember DA and Jantjies hardly play together, it’s usually Pollard inside him. DA in a split second things Jantjies is not going to get Slade, he moves towards Slade creating the gap for Marchant to run through

No Oz never did the same from structured play, their attacks were from broken play

Nov 23, 2021, 15:28

Marx was never in the picture Dave, he lost maybe one yard bumping into the ref and never got within 5m of any carrier. The long pass took him straight out of the picture, ref or no ref.

Nov 23, 2021, 17:00

Go back to Pakie’s first image. There is a perfect line up with Jantjies on Slade, Allende on Marchant and the 2 outside backs also covered one on one, Allende’s body position is also orientated directly at Marchant….not Slade, who is covered by Jantjies and on the inside by 3 Bok forwards.

The danger is all on the outside. Potentially with one of the two lagging backs Smith and Simmonds getting up to take an offload.

With the danger all on the outside and Slade well covered, Dud turns  inside opening the gap.

Outside in pressure is fine until your opponent gets outside the man pressing in….Dud in this case. 

In the Tuilagi try Kriel also shot up trying to seal off the movement, but got there too late for a smother tackle and Tuilagi was away. Another try from a basic defensive situation where our backs, Dud included,  were simply not getting across fast enough…not reading the play.

Two embarrassing lapses ….but the Dud Allende lapse was on him alone.

Nov 23, 2021, 17:03

What’s most instructive about this string is how Dave, HasBeen and Clever are so committed to the Dud is great idea that they can’t be honest about a black and white case, inventing all sorts of abstractions.

The Board would be much higher quality if we could be more objective.

Nov 23, 2021, 17:41

Geez Pakie come on man - the fact that Marx would not have got there is not the point.

DA and Jantjies would be counting on Marx covering the inside before the pass is thrown. So that’s the first alarm bell in their head, in their heads they are both thinking we have to cover narrow, then the long pass is another alarm, as is Smith as decoy and finally Slade targeting the direction towards DA

Fuck off Moz you are the biggest hypocrite on here - your hate of DA clouds any objectivity. Fuck me the guy gets selected for the world 15 and all you can do is bang on about a missed tackle that never happened

If DA had missed a straight one on one tackle I’d be happy to concede he fucked up but it’s not even close. I am also not stupid enough to define a players performance by missed tackles if his all round game was damn good.

Objectivity is the furthest thing when it comes to you and your rugby takes. Look no further than world player of the year in PSDT - fuck if we believed the shit you wrote about him we’d have to conclude he was utterly useless.

Of course you are right and the panel selecting the world player of the year are a bunch of ignorant twits - not amongst the best players to ever have played the game.

And then we get how great the physically inept Mostert is. I’m guessing your definition of objectivity is completely different to the rest of us as is your take on players except for that idiot omelette

Nov 23, 2021, 17:56

The trouble you have Dave’s is you lie through your teeth all the time and think you will get away with it.  But this time the picture is so clear no amount of bs about angles and inside defenders will change the fact that Allende just  blew  the defence wide open.

And no amount of vulgarity on your part will make your lie any more plausible.

Nov 23, 2021, 18:54

Where have I lied?

Nov 23, 2021, 19:04

So that’s the first alarm bell in their head, in their heads they are both thinking we have to cover narrow, then the long pass is another alarm, as is Smith as decoy and finally Slade targeting the direction towards DA

Dave this early already the entire movement of the England attack is to the outside. You're telling me DA cannot adjust from here to spot the threat on the outside? Marx bumped into the ref so now both he and Jantjies are so confused by that simple event that they both go narrow on one guy on the inside while the entire rest of the England attack is moving across field? Come on. Nice deception by England yes, caused uncertainty yes, but also always evident early on that the threat was going to come on Slade's outside.

Nov 23, 2021, 19:45

No why would it be obvious to DA to cover wide if he is watching the decoy of Smith and Slade with the ball? Slade is definitely tracking towards DA

So a culmination of Marx being blocked, Smith decoy, the long pass and Slade heading his way would have obvious thrown doubt in his mind - its split second stuff.

He clearly felt Jantjies might be beaten by Slade and unfortunately went narrow to combat that. That uncertainty was created by all those factors mentioned

The way you lot bang on one would swear none of the factors happened and DA was just stupid or lazy and missed a one on one tackle

The guy is one of the best defending centres in the business with plenty of test experience behind him now - give him more credit

I can’t ask Moz to do that as there is more chance of me falling pregnant

Nov 23, 2021, 20:54

Which reminds me of the classic line in Dance with a Stranger when Rupert Everett says to Miranda Richardson….” I have come to ask you to marry me” and she responds “why are you pregnant”….delivered totally straight.

Nov 23, 2021, 21:19

Dave's pregnant? Oh no.

Nov 23, 2021, 21:48

No I think a bit of dieting might alleviate the symptoms

Nov 24, 2021, 00:02

I’m in the shape of my life - no dieting required

Gym and running has become a bit of an obsession - I have too much time on my hands

You need to Log in to reply.