Mostert’s two WC final missed tackles

Forum » Rugby » Mostert’s two WC final missed tackles

Jan 29, 2021, 18:59

Here we go one more time. Two pure and simple missed tackles by Mostert proving yet again how inaccurate ESPN is

Minute 29.50 Mostert goes low on Tuilagi who gets through him and gets up and is thankfully tackled by the next defender

Minute 30.58 Ford steps him with ease, gets hands on him and thankfully Beast tackles Ford

Two obvious misses

I have no issue with the misses as every player misses tackles

My issue is the inaccuracies of ESPN, which to be fair are always suspect when it comes to metres gained by players. Their stats always seem short than the reality of how many metres are actually gained by players

Mostert did not have a clean sheet he missed two tackles for everyone to see

Jan 29, 2021, 23:04

Correction for the record:

Minute  29.50....Tuilagi aims at the gap between Mostert and Marx . Marx totally misses him but Mostert, low and from behind makes a crucial tackle. He tries to get up....should probably have been penalized for nor releasing and the next Bok leans on him to keep him down.

Minute 30.58....Mostert sees the risk outside and is frantically calling up the troups. Youngs feeds Ford with a 4 on 2 English advantage. Pollard sees the danger and rushes up and out taking the dummy. Mostert is suddenly forced to make a tackle on a back who steps inside his momentum. 

Nine times out of 10 a forward misses that tackle. Not Mostert with only his left arm he brings down Ford who passes as he falls.

Outstanding defence by a lock forward in both cases

Jan 29, 2021, 23:35

Lies

Jan 29, 2021, 23:48

Jesus Christ David.

How hard do you have to go to find shit like this to talk about?

Do I need to start talking about your mum again? Cos that’s how low this post goes.

Jan 29, 2021, 23:53

Well Chip we have a CC final tomorrow and not a single fucking post about that

Instead this shit is dragged up

As you say it’s sooooo fucking boring

I’m done on the subject

Fucking hell this is a rugby board and people don’t even know the basics of a game - they don’t know what constitutes a tackle and what does not

It begs the question what level did some of these posters play

Leave my mother out of it, that’s even more childish and boring than missed tackles

Jan 30, 2021, 14:24

Saf, with lockdown I've unfortunatly left a lot out of your mum. They won't let me near her.

Jokes aside, the CC used to be incredibly exciting. But it's taken a back seat ever since the SXV took over.

I try force myself to get excited for it, but i battle.

The rugby is really sub standard most of the time.

Ive watched 6 games this year... including the 2 semis.

I also think that thee points system this year irritated a lot of people...

carrying points over from that stupid Super Rugby Unloaded... or whatever it was called... was a stupid idea.

Feb 02, 2021, 18:22

The fact is that Mostert's  defense in the crucial 4 minute when the English attacked the tryline was peripheral.   He was obvious in one tackle only and that was a tackle jointly with Marx on Vunipola - where the commentator said the latter was drilled by the tacklers.   However. looking carefully at that tackle - the "drilling" came from Marx and not Mostert/

The most important tackles that blunted the attacks were made by were made by  Malherbe, Vermeulen, Du Toit and Marx. 

You need to Log in to reply.