Looks like War at Twickers

Forum » Rugby » Looks like War at Twickers

Nov 19, 2021, 11:50

Indeed, nothing inspires an angry Springbok team than injustice and to prove a strong cause.

Almost pity England.

Gavin Rich wrote an article which I think is apt, under several headings, namely:

Why Eddie Jones shouldn’t like the timing of Rassie verdict

PENDING APPEAL

REASON TO TAKE ON WORLD CUP FINAL MENTALITY

PEOPLE RUNNING THE GAME EXIST IN AN ECHO CHAMBER

INSTEAD OF ACCEPTING DEFEAT WE JUST GOT WHINGEING

THE BOKS LIKE FIGHTING FOR A CAUSE

Why Eddie Jones shouldn’t like the timing of Rassie verdict | SuperSport – Africa’s source of sports video, fixtures, results and news

Nov 19, 2021, 12:01

"Indeed, nothing inspires an angry Springbok team than injustice and to prove a strong cause."

You mean like 2009 against the British Lions when Bakkies Botha was cited for dangerous play after the second test and the Springboks were so outraged that they all wore "Justice for Bakkies" armbands? Is that a fair example? Do you remember what happened to the Springboks in that 3rd test when they wore those silly and embarrassing armbands?

Nov 19, 2021, 15:42

Yeah, I do...but that's not what this is about...it's far meaningful than that...the game will still remain the same and the spirit will rise and fall as it always does when issues are challenged. It lets off steam and that's good...all good rugby players respect each other and it's only the common "herd" critics that puff the flames... ie there is more emnity here between posters than there ever existed on a playing field.

Nov 19, 2021, 20:32

Ja, real victims. I mean, imagine the gall to allow EVERY forward pass in a season? Look for ways to award minimum punishment, ignore many other offences. Yep, victims in their own minds. Josè will manipulate it though, that's what he does, manipulate people. Trough folk swallow it whole without reservation. 

Nov 28, 2021, 17:52

Augenfocker, you are posting on the wrong site.

The Soweto Times has its own sporting site awaiting your input.

Seeing that Soccer is not as popular as before your miserable comments would go down well with the folks who are able to read.

Comrade.

You need to Log in to reply.