Ireland/ France game in Dublin

Forum » Rugby » Ireland/ France game in Dublin

Feb 14, 2021, 07:54

This is the one that really I'm looking forward too.

I'm a great fan of Les Bleus rugby and also Ireland...have no favourites to win this one. 

However the big "turn up" of French rugby reaching it's full potential is an exciting addition to world rugby scene.

Please AB's take note, it's bad enough having to worry about the mighty Boks but to have a good French side is certainly an additional challenge.

On a slightly lesser note but not necessary a minor one is the great strides in Scot's rugby...really looking like a well drilled unit.

Back to this afternoon...what's your call Stav, Saffex, Becs ?

Feb 14, 2021, 12:18

Going for a home win albeit a tight one. Ireland are without several key players but I'm not convinced France are a consistently good team yet. Weather is vile here today so I can't see that helping the French style of play.

Yeah I agree the Scots have improved in recent years but still conspired to throw away a game they should of won yesterday.

Still it all makes for a very interesting Six Nations, particular if Ireland win today its 4 horse race.

Feb 14, 2021, 12:32

It’s too close to call

The Irish have lost some of their clout and the French promise much, but we all know the French are renowned for imploding so I guess it depends on the French side that turns up today

Feb 14, 2021, 16:02

France should be favourites but who knows how they’ll play in this one ! 

It’s a difficult game to call. 

Feb 14, 2021, 16:18

Think the bookies have France as slight favorites.

Feb 14, 2021, 16:32

Am a fan of Sexton ....Connor Murray a loss too.
Ireland usually start fast  let's see how well the frogs play away.

Italy played well yesterday,imagine losing week after week.

Feb 14, 2021, 16:33

If  I were in he UK I would put  1000 pounds on France winning by more than 7 points,   And another thousand on them winning by mire than 13 points,      

Feb 14, 2021, 16:40

I expect France will win. They seem to be building as a team. 

After more than10 years of being a shit French team 100% of the time, they are back to being a great team 80% of the time.

Feb 14, 2021, 17:37

Ireland looking the better side at this stage 25 min in

Feb 14, 2021, 17:41

Great French try

Feb 14, 2021, 19:11

I think your 2 Grand in the hole mike.

Fair play to France, they where the better team. Very good defensive display from them coupled with a few moments of good attacking play was enough to see off a spirited if offensively blunt Ireland.

France are strong favorites now. Sorry Wales you're only gonna beat the French if they get a player sent off. :P

Feb 14, 2021, 19:12

As I predicted, France won. It was a bit closer than I expected, but Ireland did well. The inside centre of Ireland is a good prospect in world rugby. 

Feb 14, 2021, 19:17

Thanks - but two grand is beyond what I can afford anyway,     :D

By the way Stav - it seems Wales can only beat opposing teams when they had players red-carded from those teams.   What do you think are the chances that France will have at least two  players red=carded in that game?    

Feb 14, 2021, 19:21

Slim to none to mike.

You need to Log in to reply.