How the hell did we lose that test

Forum » Rugby » How the hell did we lose that test

Nov 21, 2021, 15:33

Frustrating first half but only 5 points in it. Then total dominance in the second half ending in a loss. How the fuck?

Missed kicks yes but 3 squandered try scoring opportunities was the crux. Kolisi pass to Kriel, Etzebeth break and poor pass to Marx and Kwagga’s poor attempt to force his way over the line. I think there might have been one or two other squandered chances.

It was good to see us looking to take it wide it’s the template to stick to.

Great games by our awesome frontrows, Etzebeth, Kolisi and de Allende. Reinach was good to.

Disappointing were Vermeulen, Kwagga and Willie

We should have won that comfortably

How powerful is our scrum - wow

Nov 21, 2021, 15:47

England was very wiley and disruptive...they sucker punched us and the barely beat us on an off day...it's a pity, but won't easily happen again. 

The only loss this year that really bothers me is the second one against Aus, the rest we could all have won with a different bounce...and we didn't play last year...and this year only a bit of local rugby to prepare. We'll do much better next season after playing our first season of United Rugby Championship...this team will be strong contenders wherever they play, way past the next RWC.

Nov 21, 2021, 16:09

How did England only win by 1 point….18 penalties….what a bent ref. Waaaaaaaahahaha.

We get in the arm wrestles because we play Stampkar rugby.

Nov 21, 2021, 16:16

Well I’m glad we won ! 

Nov 21, 2021, 16:18

Moz I take it you were supporting the opposition as always

Nov 21, 2021, 16:40

Never, but I’m honest enough to admit we were beaten by the better team on the day. Once again our biggest weapon was the refs whistle.

Nov 21, 2021, 17:09

Better team on the day my arse - it was not even close in my opinion

We should have put them away with interest

Nov 21, 2021, 17:12

"Once again our biggest weapon was the refs whistle."

err, just no...the Poms should have been carded earlier and more...there was a reason for the penalty count...spoiler tactics...the best team definitely didn't win...they were good, but they weren't better, they played smarter. Well done to them, they played a great match...Proudfoot made a huge difference, disrupting our main strength...we took too long to addapt...well played Poms, till next time...

Nov 21, 2021, 17:14

What spoiler tactics….give us a few examples.

Nov 21, 2021, 17:15

mozart,

I was not impressed with the Springboks game at all.

Watch the You Tube video on the ref in this game and then comment.

His comment at full time to Eben (and the winning kick awarded to England)  with the English bench invading the field says it all.

Just in case you miss it his reply to Eben was "I did not see it".

Pretty much says it all as that was not the only issue he did not see!

Looking forward to your reply.

Nov 21, 2021, 17:21

"What spoiler tactics…."

Scrum shenanigans in the beginning and cynical penalties everytime we were on attack...look at the penalty count...it should actually have been higher...

Nov 21, 2021, 20:07

As much as it hurts, we were outplayed by a better coached side. We play mostly with our pack and when we come up against a creative backline we fall apart ...Tuilagi, s try is a perfect example of this. Write thru Allende and co....when we had the dominance, all we kept on doing was trying to maul with forwards. Whatever happened to proper backline play like the French showed us? This is a Good Question for R & N. To one dimensional for the ever evolving game of Rugby. We have good and fast backs that can score tries, but they are not being utilised correctly due to the lack of proper Attack Coaching. Teams are fast catching on in how to close out and win games against us....if Boks don’t start filling there armoury with new weapons and skills + better player selection , we won’t stand a good chance at WC.

Nov 22, 2021, 15:08

3 soft tries

Nov 22, 2021, 15:15

Exactly Saffex. Seldom do you get such domination in a high level test as the Boks had in the second half. Kriel also missed a poor  crucial pass.

I reckon we could so easily have won by  at least 15. The Bok forwards were magnificent.

I agree that Vermuelen, Kwagga and Willie had moderate games. As I identified recently I am concerned about the lose trio. The great Vermuelen is fading due to age and Kwagga disappears against top level sides.

Of course turncoat mozzzz is terribly happy about the Boks most unfortunate loss. 

Nov 22, 2021, 15:39

Whine, whine , whine. We had slightly more of the territory and slightly more of the possession, courtesy of the penalties which were 18 to 8 in our favour. Both sides lost 2 of their lineouts….our’s when Lomp was on. 

We weren’t drowning in ball ….it was much closer to even….yet England scored 3 tries to our 1. Why?  Perhaps in part because they made 4% more of their tackles. But more importantly because at the critical juncture.

1) They didn’t blow 2 defensive assignments. The first one where Tuilagi ran in unopposed. The second when Jantjies was struggling to bring down the Pom runner and Dud Allende stupidly came in where there would have been coverage, leaving his channel wide open.

2) England defended their line….but the Boks with 3 players on Steward, let him through. Reinach went low and was pulling him down. He needed help from either Kolisi or Mapimpi who both failed to bring him down short of the line. 

It’s no mystery. England never made stupid defensive errors. We for once did. That won the match for them.

Is it a good thing we lost? Well if we have to lose I’d rather lose now than in France in 2023. We can’t win with such limited tactics and inadequate back play. And the circus surrounding the self serving man who is or is not our coach hurts us.

If this loss helps to bring that in perspective it serves the greater cause. As for turncoats, the only relevant turncoat is the man who left the Bok camp in 2007 because he got a better job.

Nov 22, 2021, 16:41

Mozart 

I had a look at the second try mentioned and to be quite frank your description is routine  Mozart BS.   In now ay can De Allende been blamed for that try.    if somebody had to cover  the break when  Jantjies missed the tackle - it was Frans Steyn - but his pace deficiency made that impossible.

The following was mentioned in the media as to the  performance of De Allende in the test:-

"The Boks suffered a heart-breaking 27-26 defeat against England on Saturday, despite a superb individual performance from De Allende, which dashed their hopes of a clean sweep of wins on their year-end tour for the first time since 2013."

Nov 22, 2021, 16:41

Duplication

Nov 22, 2021, 16:54

We were far better than England. We stumbled in the first half conceding two stupid tries

The second one I see Moz blames Kolisi - what utter shit. That was a poor attempt by Reinach primarily and Mapimpi to lesser an extent. Kolisi could never get into position to effect a tackle as Reinach was in his way.

We dominated physically in the first half then even more so in the second half applying so much pressure the Poms conceded penalty after penalty.

We should have scored another 3 tries and kicked 8 points that went astray

We should have won that game by 15 or more points

Nov 22, 2021, 17:17

Reinach was low round Steward’s legs….Kolisi simply had to smash him in the upper body….he wrapped an arm around him instead, trying to hold him up.

Nov 22, 2021, 18:09

Agree Dave. Mozz has long ago succumbed to RDS. 

Unfortunately every now and again the better side loses and it happened again on Saturday much to Mozzzz's delight. His consistency in anti Bok sentiments has given him away. Nothing will change until Rassie is gone. 

Nov 22, 2021, 18:10

Mike virtually everyone but Moz and his Org concur that Allende had a great game. 

Nov 22, 2021, 18:11

61.5%

Nov 22, 2021, 23:41

Actually no Reinach was not low. Reinach should have stopped him, assisted by Mapimpi

Kolisi a huge defender was furthest from Steward

If Kolisi could make the tackle why on earth would he not have given we know how good he is at making good hits

How the fuck you can blame Kolisi when it’s blatantly Reinach in the best position to make the tackle

Nov 23, 2021, 01:39

Kolisi was holding him as he went over the line….if you can’t see that you’re blind.

Nov 23, 2021, 01:59

Yes holding him with no force as Reinach was in his way having made a piss poor attempt to stop Steward

Blaming Kolisi instead of Reinach is a fucking joke

Nov 23, 2021, 02:59

Reinach is a scrummie tackling a huge fullback 2 metres from the line. He stopped Steward well enough that Kolisi and Mapimpi should have put him away, Kolisi’s hold up attempt was the joke.

Nov 23, 2021, 12:05

Mozart

You pick newspaper articles that you believe fit in with your narratives  - but ignore those that is different from what you described based on prejudice and not fact.   .      

Nov 23, 2021, 13:42

Ah bullshit Reinach’s attempt was poor no leg drive nothing - it was passive

Kolisi was never in a position to make a hit you are speaking crap

Blaming Kolisi is a joke

You need to Log in to reply.