Full strength Boks to play Georgia

Forum » Rugby » Full strength Boks to play Georgia

May 28, 2021, 15:27

Guneapigs to test SA combinations might (as slight it may be) back fire. Will Mike's heart take it. I hope it's not possible but some of the older posters know, rugby has it's surprises. Ol' Mike still has bad dreams of Japan in 2015, with Matfield and Heyneke flashing before his eyes.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1392137212960120835

May 29, 2021, 17:12

Wot no Duds then?

May 29, 2021, 23:49

Matfield and Meyer? More like Lambie, Steph, Kriel, Coenie.

Boks haven't been full strength in four years of rugby. 

May 30, 2021, 10:01

Yet they won the WC.    Himmell the stupidity on this site is limitless - and normally riddled with lies,   Erasmus announced that a squad covering both the  Georgia tests and the Lions series will be announced on  5 June 2021 - can't you wait with your repeated drivel and distortions until then?     

May 30, 2021, 10:31

"can't you wait with your repeated drivel"

Look whose talking! 

Look whose talking! 

Look whose talking! 

May 30, 2021, 11:14

Organhuffer has still not grasped that Du Toit was voted world rugby player of the year.

This has to be one of the biggest blunders ever on this site. I thought poor redrooi's comments about Luke Watson being better than Schalk Burger absurd but this is as bad.

The more he doubles down the more ridiculous he becomes. Hahahahhahahahahahaha. Wake up Organhuffer you can do better than peddle this nonsense. If you want to troll the board you need to be much more subtle! There has to be some truth to what you are saying to make a good troll. 

May 30, 2021, 11:22

Nobody has been able to defend poor Steph. I assessed his best tests and the poor boy was found wanting. I ask yet again, where is his world class production? Show me. Rather simple, if he is indeed the best, or even passably good. 

May 30, 2021, 11:44

Organ has to be either the most blindest poster of all not only in sight but in perception of his fellow man OR a master stirrer who deliberately throws a spanner in the works every time...this he gets some sort of kick out of it. In Afrikaans they say 'n anderste okie...a otherwise oke. He likes to play the fool with those that take him too seriously and that might be what he really is, poor man.8-)

One thing in his favour he is not a vindictive okie and although he offends others, I don't really take him at all seriously.as ol' Mikie does and what he brings to the table...LOL. Can't really blame Mike as what he brings is mostly indigestable.

He has an identity crisis, so it seems... many identities that range from Gonzo the Great and Lurker to a Chinese Warlord and a great  German Field Marshall.. He certainly has no similarities to Rommel or the Chinese Warlord, he may have certain qualities to Gonzo in looks and Lurker in behaviour but he seems always confused about his own ID..

Beano treats him with light hearted humour and that's the best way...

May 30, 2021, 11:49

Got you a little hot under the collar, haven't I. Just answer the question: Where is his production? I have a lot of information on Steph. You better have your ducks lined up Chabal. The floor is yours, or do you have no particular reason to believe he is the best, just because you heard some guy say so on the picture box? :D

Tick, tock...

May 30, 2021, 12:43

Until you can prove Steph was not voted World Player of the Year I really don't think anybody should waste their time on you nonsense on this subject. Hahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

I could have added and will now you also got Rassie completely wrong -World coach of the year and the Boks wrong - World team of the year.

Has anybody made such a huge blunder like this. YES Dr Moz joined Orhanhuffer and he too came crashing alas. If only they had listened to Beeno!

Always sad to see posters lose their way like this!:'(

May 30, 2021, 12:51

That he was voted world player of the year doesn't prove anything other than he was popular in voting. His production at 7 is markedly inferior to Schalk's 2015 production. He was 17th overall flank in 2019's Super rugby season, of the top 30 ball carriers by volume, he was 28th for metres per carry. He was bottom of the pile for production and his test figures were the same as his Super rugby numbers. Now tell me where this world class production is. I've produced videos of his most lauded games under Josè Erasmus which exposed his poor defence. What have his supporters provided? A brief list of compliments? That's hilarious! :D

May 30, 2021, 13:33

Could not be bothered, I watch rugby to enjoy it and trust what my eyes see. 

You on the otherhand collect and cherry-pick videos and stats and make it all in manipulation to prove your point. For what purpose I fail to understand...haven't you got anything better to do.

You cannot see the wood because of the trees.which blind you.

I'm certainly not an expert or an authority and would be highly conceited to think so.

Went to a rugby school, played the game and still enjoy it but I have far more other priorities in life.

I watch to relax, to enjoy it but have other things that I enjoy too, simple things like fly fishing...I don't study it or keep stats on it...too much like work and makes it boring.

Other people are different like you , Moz and others and if that makes you happy and floats your boat that's fine with me, I like rugby but stats etc are boring to me. Each to his own.

I find it ridiculous and amusing how some posters set themselves up as experts...it's insanity and yes, indeed delusional...and to do injustice to a player like PSDT and others that did their dues and got results at the highest level is the most senseless and negative activity of all. This is so damn stupid.

May 30, 2021, 14:09

I cherry pick? I post videos and timestamps of a player's entire contribution in a game. Collect data for the entire team for entire seasons. Where is the cherry picking? I recall you posting tribute videos, now that's cherry picking. As per why I do this? I enjoy analysing the game. To infer that I don't enjoy watching the game but you do is arrogant.

You know what is stupid? Believing something for no reason whatsoever and then insulting another person who disagrees, with actual facts at hand. You still don't get it, the Steph that exists in your mind doesn't exist in reality. You challenge me on the topic and always end up frustrated and grumpy. Stop doing it to yourself. It's not that you can't be bothered to refute what I'm putting forward - you certainly are bothered to write at length character assassinations - you simply aren't able to. 

May 30, 2021, 14:24

You're dead right I cannot be bothered....and sorting out your red herring trails.

As I said, you're not a bad okie but please try and be more positive.

You are the one that grossly insults people of deserving merit...players in a wc winning team. Individuals of far more respect, than me, you or anybody else. 

May 30, 2021, 14:39

Steph is not the best player in the world. He is not even a good Bok. He is not selected on merit. He was always, from the beginning, another media fabrication. There is no substance to his bloated media reputation. He doesn't deserve the praise, he doesn't deserve his place in the team. That's the end of the matter. Then there is Kolisi who takes it to another level. I don't care if it's positive or negative, it's the truth. That's all that matters to me. Why don't you support so fervently the players of substance who don't get rewarded, such as Esterhuizen over Damian, Louw and Kwagga over Kolisi, RG over Lood, Dan du Preez over Steph? Were you one of those who attacked Morné for Lambie, Schalk for Watson? If so, I see a pattern of behaviour here, one of the plastics. 

May 30, 2021, 16:11

Kindergarten Imbecile.  

Unlike with Coetzee and Meyer - the media does not do the selection.  It is done by the best coach in the world - the great Erasmus.   You are a nutcase anyway.   For instance Esterhuizen is not an international level player.  He was given four chances to play for the Springboks and he  did not make the grade in four of those/  Loue was good years ago and in 209 only a bench cover - nothing more.   RG jumps  in  front and De Jager in the middle - with Du Toit the third jumper in lineouts -- he is the back9- for Etzebeth - do you know what that means idiot?   As to Dan du Preez - a good player,  but he would not neutralize the England backline in the final like Du Toit did.    Maybe one of the Du Preez twins will replace  vermeulen after his retirement after the Lions series.   After the WC in 2019 Vermeulen  said he is retiring after the Lions tour.   But then you and Mozart do not understand the word  retirement at all  and dream up BS about what it means/                     

May 30, 2021, 16:14

Nobody, at least I think is against constructive argument but senseless negative biase opinions a rational thinker has no truck with.

The senseless negative rants about certain players in the past like De Allende, PSDT, Kolisi, Morne, Lambie, Matfield, Frans Steyn etc, etc are irritating to level headed rugby enthuists, lets face it's monotonous and tiresome. We are all different, thank goodness for that and are individuals and have different perceptions.

Every man who wears a green and gold jersey is very worthy of respect in a SA rugby forum and indeed any player who dons a jersey of any country whether tier 1 or 2 is also too.

It's a standard, as far as I know none of us has achieved and if we enjoy and respect the game and respect it so then we must show the participants the respect too. The same applies to cricketers and other sports too.

It is ironic that some actually insult those (not constructlively) for no insult achieves any positive debate. It just leads to endless, childish ongong tiffs between posters that go on forever. 

The NZ posters have gone...very seldom did I recall them bringing any player down, not their own or any other country. Think about it. Give credit when it's due.

May 31, 2021, 11:32

To get back to the topic. A lot of Saffas don't know too much about Georgian rugby. SA has always enjoyed a lot of respect and admiration from Georgian rugby fans and although the differences are vast between the countries, little appears to be known how they will fare against the World Champions. Against NZ in 2015 world cup the Georgians were quite easily beaten by the AB's but there were moments when the Lelos pack surprised and AB's had a lot to say about their pack power.

SARU and Rassie's choice to play them in a preliminary series augurs well in forward and in particular scrum preparation. I think they will surprise us, although I don't think they have an outside chance. But one thing in their favour, they have for many years been longing to play the Boks and they will apply every ounce of strength into the games. Good choice Rassie.

Lasha Khurtsidze‚ the Georgian vice-president for high performance and development‚ described the forthcoming series as a result of the growing friendship and co-operation between the rugby authorities in Georgia and SA.

“Playing against them is a great honour for us‚” said Khurtsidze. “We have only played the Springboks once before‚ in our first Rugby World Cup appearance in 2003‚ when we scored the first try. A lot of time has passed since then‚ they are the current world champions and we have developed as well.”

According to Khurtsidze‚ SA Rugby has over a number of years made an active contribution to the development of Georgian rugby.

“We appreciate the fact that we have friendly and close relations with SA Rugby. Our under-20s have been invited to SA on numerous occasions to play in very high-level tournaments over there. As a leading tier-one rugby nation‚ this makes SA an important contributor to the development of Georgian rugby.”

NZ versus Georgia highlights

https://youtu.be/MrmlIWSmE8M

May 31, 2021, 19:31

The big thing that sets back tier two nations is that they are left in the wilderness and then have one-off encounters against tier one nattions and seldom look like they are ready for the intensity. In the WC there were moments where moments where Canada made the Boks look ragged, but the game had gotten away from them at that point. They need more consistent exposure, the second test is a great chance for Georgia to regather themselves and hit back. They're unlikely to win, but they can give a good account of themselves. 

May 31, 2021, 19:36

Here's the thing Chabal, you say "senseless negative rants". There have been no rants. Show me another person who has gone to greater lengths to assess the game in a variety of ways. I've come to each debate armed to the teeth and have more than backed up my words. What have you got? So far, a list of compliments and some personal attacks. Why don't you go through Damian's entire 2018 season, which I posted for all to see, and show me where I am wrong. Why not go through any one of my posts on our coaches, and players with detailed statistical breakdowns and show me where I am wrong. Any of the other videos I have posted. I have offered to post any one game for all to see and critique any of my timestamps. No critic has ever taken up the offer. No Chabal, you want to bite back, but you have no ammunition whatsoever. You are beaten and you don't like it. That's fine, it doesn't matter much to me. The result is the same irregardless. 

May 31, 2021, 22:12

With what?   Cloud 9 fantasies  are not facts for assessment of  anything,   

May 31, 2021, 22:38

Calling it cloud 9 fantasies does not make it so. You two stamp your feet screaming and crying with hands pressed firmly over your ears. It only makes it hurt more. 

May 31, 2021, 23:04

Dud Toit is about as effective as CJ Stampkar...he was voted as World Player of the Year because they had to choose a Bok, and deferred to the star struck South African press.

Dud Toit is only playing flank because he failed at lock.

May 31, 2021, 23:31

BS Alert

Jun 01, 2021, 00:03

Haha you guys never change!! Same old BS haha

Jun 01, 2021, 09:52

Full strength ... ??

Haaaaaaaahahahaha!!!

Ok ... if you say so ...!!

You need to Log in to reply.