Fuck this virus

Forum » Rugby » Fuck this virus

Mar 16, 2020, 12:49

Not only has it sent the world into hiding and created panic it’s taken our rugby away!!!

FUCK you Corona

Mar 16, 2020, 12:59

I can live with the Virus, it's the fear mongering and panic that gets me. WTF, has the whole world gone bonkers? Ten years ago, the Corona would have been bundled with other strains of flu and nobody would have been the wiser. This is nuts!

Mar 16, 2020, 13:15

What’s with the bloody toilet paper issue?

One theory is that so much toilet paper is being purchased because when one person sneezes, 100 people shit themselves!!

Mar 16, 2020, 13:28

Maybe there is something we do not know about the virus that  Governments know and they are indeed panicking, 

Anyway - it is not only rugby that is gone - it is also cricket and tennis and I think most other sporting codes that is lost,

What is on the 12 TV channels of Supersport,  Thus far only replays.   The first one was the 1992 Cricket WC final.  Hell - what a bloody boring life.   The story doing the rounds is that in some countries people older than 70 are confined to their homes or care centers,   That is crazy - I will go nuts if that happens in SA,   .  .        

Mar 16, 2020, 13:29

Draad if you think this stuff all happened by accident you are wrong. 

4 addional proteins were added to create this virus. That could not happen naturally. 

So why was the virus created. 

Firstly to kill off the costly, unproductive elderly and infirm. 

But the bigger reasons are political. 

So what factors woyd the globalist elites find helpful

Well older people vote conservative. 

The need to somehow get rid of Trump who is destroying their world order. 

How do you  destroy nation states. How do you get people to give up their freedoms. You get them to stampede in the right direction usig fear. 

So we had the terrible financial crises

We have the terrifying man made climate change narrative Manhattan was to be under water was it by 2015. Only catastrophe awaits us. 

Then we have had various viruses. 

The CV is different in one big way. As I mentioned H1N1 (Swine flu or SARS) got 64 million media mentions. CV has already got over 1.1 BILLION mentions. 

National emergencies have been declared, schools shut down etc etc. Yes they can give good reason but creating panic like this. 

With H1NI Obummer waited 6 months before declaring a national emergency by which time millions had been infected and many had dies. The media didn't bat an eyelid. 

The whole response to CV  has been totally different by the globalist MSM. 

Note this. In Italy the average age of those dying is 81!!!

It's a bit like the US  national debt off 22 trillion just kinda happened. It just kinda doubled under Hussein Obummer. Nobody year after year knew what was happening or was concerned. Nonsense. It's like those who allowed American jobs and factories didn't know this was not in America's interest or similarly handing over the medical supply chains to China was fine. OR  indeed entering into disastrous trade deals or not using American energy was fine. 

Anybody who still doesn't realize globalists have been trying to bring down the USA for decades are abysmally ignorant. What has happened has been coming out and it is daming for these globalists. 

The USA  is the key to the globalist world order followed by Europe. Right now they are losing in both but don't count them out. 

Mar 16, 2020, 13:42

Beeno

What 4 Proteins are you talking about?    Where is the information from on which you base your comments?   

Mar 16, 2020, 13:54

I know someone on Facebook who posted this.

I laughed when I read it, sounds like the Beeno third world conspiracy stuff of the Global world order...:D

Although I did not comment on the post itself on Facebook as it was a decent person, albeit he appears to now be brainwashed. I have not seen him in like 20 years.

The disease is a tragedy, but simpletons making up conspiracies is not helping...

Mar 16, 2020, 14:12

Beenz, I won't put it past the Cabal, but one thing I know for a fact is that the unprecedented WW response to the virus does not make sense at all. The governments of the world are willfully destroying the world's economy and everyone are complacent. 

Mar 16, 2020, 14:50

It took a bat virus to get the world to unite.

Can you believe it.

Mar 16, 2020, 14:57

I don't believe all the other shit about conspiracy theories regarding wiping out certain people, but I will say one thing...…. I wouldn't laugh this off or think that it is not that serious

Some experts genuinely believe that this virus will only peak around the world, by mid June..... and in terms of what this virus has already achieved in such a short space of time..... June feels like years away

Just look at the number of deaths and confirmed infections every day...…. they are multiplying at a rapid rate..... by hundreds..... not by single digits

I do however wish that this same worldwide emphasis was put on people dying from hunger or people dying from non treated medical conditions because their governments have left them out in the cold.....

Mar 16, 2020, 15:19

"While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year. CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010."-(...That's 1000 to 5000 deaths per month.)

"Of course, there are similarities between influenza and COVID-19. Both viruses are untreatable with antibiotics, and they have almost identical symptoms — fever, coughing, night sweats, aching bones, tiredness and, in more severe cases of both viruses, nausea and even diarrhea. They can be spread by touching your face, coughing and sneezing.

But doctors say their differences are just as varied. “It’s a little simple to think the novel coronavirus is just like flu,” Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the John Hopkins Center for Health Security and a spokesman for the Infectious Diseases Society of America, told MarketWatch.

We don’t want another flu,” he said. “This is additive, not in place of. Yes, the flu kills thousands of people every year, but we’re going to have more deaths.”

So this can be contained, but not flu...or we can live with more people dying of flu, just as long as they don't die of Corona...a bit nonsensical to me. Some part of the problem is not communicated to the general populace.

PS, I know it's a big threat, but how is this so much worse than all the other pandemics...if the world shuts down for 4 months, like China did, how much more people will die of other disasters that are being created by the response to Corona?

Mar 16, 2020, 15:54

Mike an epidemiologist write an article which my wife, a medical type, read.

I will try to find it. The question being addressed was what made the Coronavirus different. 

Try yourself as I am off to tennis shortly. Google What makes the Coronavirus different as a start. 

This virus is not dangerous to all but the very old and the infirm with certain conditions. 

The young hardly know they have it.

Average age of deaths in Italy 81 years old. 

Mar 16, 2020, 16:05

Draad it brings to mind the scripture that speaks about men's hearts failing them for fear about what is coming upon the earth. 

Draad these things are just the faint beginnings of the tribulation period. Personally I think Trump is delaying the coming world government under anti Christ but we know it's on its way sometime.

The scriptures say it will come suddenly as a trap. 

It's quite amazing how the end time prophesies are materializing before our eyes. Of course we don't know precise dates but the signs are there. I watch with great interest as things unfold.

The poor atheists on the other hand have no clue whatsoever as they walk in darkness.

The Lord bless and keep you all from the pestilence. Psalm 91.

Mar 16, 2020, 16:06

The same people who say over 90% of humanity must die to preserve mother earth are panicking that this man-made plague might kill significant numbers of humans? Of course, that surely makes sense. Wait until they roll out their mandatory vaccinations. 

Mar 16, 2020, 16:43

For once I agree with Saffex’ opening post.

I have just come back from my appointment with the NHS and, without going into detail, I am one of those who are more at risk than the average person. I asked them specifically if there is anything in particular that I should do as far as the Corona virus is concerned.

The reply was that I should just take the normal precautions that is suggested for every body else, ie avoid touching your face unless you have just washed your hands thoroughly. It is important to remember that this virus is not even airborne.

Mar 16, 2020, 16:45

Beenkop stop speaking utter horse shit

Man made virus - what a load of bullocks

I’m surprised you have not said it’s been created by God to kill off all gay people!!!!

Mar 16, 2020, 16:45

Mar 16, 2020, 16:05

Draad these things are just the faint beginnings of the tribulation period. Personally I think Trump is delaying the coming world government under anti-Christ but we know it's on its way sometime.

The scriptures say it will come suddenly as a trap. 

It's quite amazing how the end-time prophesies are materializing before our eyes. Of course, we don't know precise dates but the signs are there. I watch with great interest as things unfold.

The poor atheists on the other hand have no clue whatsoever as they walk in darkness.

The Lord bless and keep you all from the pestilence. Psalm 91.

---  -----------  ------------ ---------------- ---------------- --------------- --------------- --------

What utter crap. Anyone with ideas like this should be nowhere a decision making role.  

If there is a cure, it will be man made by scientists, not by the imaginary God. 

Leading scientists believe it was from a bat. It was NOT man-made to kill people. It was not sent from God as punishment. 

Can someone please round up any of the simpletons who believe this nonsense and put them on a one way ticket to Mars for the time being...

Mar 16, 2020, 16:51

"Can someone please round up any of the simpletons who believe this nonsense and put them on a one way ticket to Mars for the time being..."

What has Mars done to deserve the Baboon-ou virus?

Mar 16, 2020, 17:10

Beeno should be put in virtual self-isolation where he is not allowed on the internet until the situation improves.

Mar 16, 2020, 17:28

The Diamond Princess

......3500 on the ship, almost everybody tested.

696 positives in this ‘close quarters’ environment, a 20% transmission rate.

456 recovered

233 active but only 15 critical and dropping.

7 deaths.

Why is this the most significant set of numbers on Planet Earth right now? Because it’s the only case where the whole population is known. Because the people involved are older adults. Because we are seeing the active critical  cases trending down....they were over 40 just a few days ago.

If no more deaths occur we have a 1% death rate amongst  an older group with typically more than half of Cruise passengers over 55. And a transmission rate of 20% in a floating Petrie dish. 

That suggests a 10% transmission rate is possible in a less dense group. That a death rate around 0.3% in the general population is not unreasonable vs the 1% rate in this older population. 

So without massive social distancing, the effects of summer or any new medications....0.1x0.003x7 billion=2.1 million....is the extrapolation. With intervention, less than a million. Awful to be sure, but probably a worst case.

For perspective auto accidents kill 1.25 million worldwide every year and as of right now globally there are less than 7000 deaths.

In the complete absence of good statistical analysis and tremendous fear mongering, these numbers are a little encouraging.

Mar 16, 2020, 17:34

There is a disease research facility in Wuhan...research is being done on various virus, bacteria and fungi. Presumably to be prepared for biological warfare or a natural disaster like Corona, SARS or swine flu. It's not a stretch to conclude that this might have "leaked" from a lab...intentionally or per accident...or it's a natural occurrence. 12 Monkeys anyone?

I'm not saying it did, but it's not impossible...I'm still leaning toward natural, but the extreme reaction to it WW is odd.

Mar 16, 2020, 18:29

Moz I’d say the flaw with that model is the fact that once the virus on board was a known entity, isolation became en masse as there was no chance of individuals breaking the curfew

Out here complete isolation is impossible to effect or police

But I get your point in general

Mar 16, 2020, 18:52

I am not one for conspiracy theories - but there  seems  something which upset me by the conduct of the Chinese Government.   First arrest the doctors who identified the problem initially and then blame  a non-existing wet market in Wuhan - there is s fish market - but no wet market in the city, 

Then clamped down on the city and would allow nobody to leave the area,   Some things that does not make sense.    

There has been a rumour doing the rounds that an isolation ward has been set aside at the Riversdale hospital and that 4 people have been tested from Heidelberg   Hope it is a rumour - one does not want to see the virus spread into  poorer people in particular.          

Mar 16, 2020, 19:20

Isolation was probably too late on the ship....and never fully implemented. Staff continued to circulate and as we now know surfaces remain contaminated for a long time. So I think we can assume this is a high water mark for transmission.

But regardless we know 696 people got the disease and only 7 have died so far.

Mar 16, 2020, 19:35

Moz, you are correct, but these things are not told to the general public...they are willingly blowing this out of proportion...to what end?

Mar 16, 2020, 19:44

"Isolation was probably too late on the ship...."

Yes, with a 14-21 day incubation, everyone were already exposed by the time they realized there's a problem. 

Mar 16, 2020, 20:28

Eliminate China, Italy, Iran and Spain and there are 511 deaths after 6 weeks of the crisis....out of 46482 cases. The 1% rule again of reported, not necessarily actual cases.

What’s happening in Italy, why younger people are also dying remains the big puzzle and big concern.

Mar 16, 2020, 20:43

I think the big issue here is that Corona is much more contagious than say the swine flu. This gives it more potential to become a pandemic.  

It could be very early stages at the moment- and if it gets to the stage that 50% of the population pick it up- it would be like a plague - and there would be millions of deaths. 

It may well be that the warm weather will make it less contagious, and it could just fade away naturally without the need for a man-made cure. 

No one has the answer, but there are fears that it could get much much worse. 

Mar 16, 2020, 21:48

If this virus was 'constructed' with Trump in mind, well, then I think the developers are not Biden or old Bernie Sanders supporters!

It will fade away like the ordinary flu virus. Remember: Treat the flu and it will last 14 days. Don't treat the flu and it will last 2 weeks.

Mar 16, 2020, 22:00

Draad don't ask these gullible frot vis why the mediis hyping this CV to such an extent. Man it might cause the donkeys to think!

Posted an expose of the MSM lies on Beeno's Trumpet but here briefly is the slight of hand the MSM is using to hype the issue. Moz, following my lead vs getting there.,Hahahahahahaha

2019 saw 222,000 reported cases of flu in the USA. There were 22,000 deaths. A death rate of 10% (Redrooi you will have to take my word for it !)

The US experts then estimated that 36 million people must have had the flu that year. So now their estimated percentage death ratio was 0.1%

The current world rate for CV deaths taking again reported cases and known deaths is 3.84% There is no estimation of the people who have had CV but have not reported it. The vast majority have very mild symptoms

So with Flue its 10% based on actual known figures and 0.1% based on so sort of estimate.

For CV its 3.84% based on reported cases and known deaths

But the MSm tells the pubic CV death rate vs 3.84% and for Flu its 0.1%

But comparing know cases and known deaths Flu has a 10% result and CV comes in at 3.84%

The globalist MSM must know they are not presenting the facts fairly.

So again why do the oaks think the MSM are so busy fooling the public.

Beeno trying hard to get resident donkeys to think!!

Draad the atheist "fools" predictably went of pop when scripture was quoted. Satan has sure got these "fools" well and truly under his thumb!

Mar 16, 2020, 22:48

The worlds biggest country, where the virus started 3 months ago and which has a primitive health care system, has experienced 3200 deaths. Something very different would have to happen to get to a million deaths.

And a million deaths of mostly older people would hardly trouble the world’s economy. In fact, as wealth is transferred to beneficiaries, the propensity to spend will increase.

What is hurting the economy are the measures taken to protect largely older people. And perversely the stat that is currently most connected with the virus is the Dow Jones, not the 7000 deaths.

We just can’t untangle the emotions around all this.

Mar 16, 2020, 22:52

So Beenkop is it God, Satan or man that has created CV, oh wise one

I’m guessing Folau probably has it down as God punishing gay people?

Mar 16, 2020, 23:18

Image may contain: possible text that says 'gvcs grace oud Submit yourselves, to the hum the devil, and he will flee from y near to God and he then, to Wash your your hearts, hands, you will come mourn and wail. Change ouble-minde sinners, no you mourning and befora your joy to ourselves your gloon la'

Mar 16, 2020, 23:44

Folks this is a serious situation world wide.

To make light work of the situation is childish, immature and just plain stupid.

Religion, sexual preference, country, and political views are not going to resolve the problem facing the world. 

This is an issue that can kill millions especially the weak, poor, elderly and those suffering from ongoing health issues.

Time to stand together and support those folks who are working at risk to attend to the infected and a cure hopefully.

Can you contemplate the devastation if this virus takes hold in Africa and India? I don't think it is possible to understand the magnitude of such an event.

Pray, wish or whatever your belief is, ask for a cure to be discovered asap for the sake of the human race and the world.

Please.

Mar 17, 2020, 00:40

Well said AJ. On one of our news channels yesterday there was an interview with someone from WHO and they mentioned how devastating it would be in Africa. I wish I had taped that interview as I could relay word for word what he said. I’m pretty sure you would know though as you’ve already mentioned it.

Just heard Tom Hanks and his wife have it on their trip to Queensland and have been in isolation and the actor Idris Elba. When it hits someone close to you, only then will it get real.

Mar 17, 2020, 02:35

The stats for China haven't changed in weeks. They are in total lockdown.  Who knows what's going on there?

Mar 17, 2020, 02:42

I spoke to a guy in China today and he said they had it all under control and things were looking up!!

Mar 17, 2020, 08:06

Yes, my cousin said the last case in his province recovered, so things are returning to normal, but how many cases were there and how many died?

Mar 17, 2020, 09:13

What about the cases that apparently fully recovered, only for them to show symptoms and also be re-infected..... up to 3 weeks after being given the all clear

Mar 17, 2020, 09:32

Now lets get this clear,   There is a major problem in many countries that is being driving the panic.   In China it is over-population and very frail people due to questionable diets and  also he fact that people  are getting older than they sued to.   The Communist Party used to have a one-child per family situation - where parents were punished for having more than one child.   They also have had a history of "culling" of people.   Under Mao Zedong the "culling" process involved an estimated  72 million people directly and about the same number through enforced starvation.

So what has happened subsequently?   The population grew massively and the fact is that China is finding it increasingly difficult to feed the people.   That is causing major dietary problems and  people eat things that could cause transfer of prevalent viruses from certain animal species to humans.   The coronavirus is not the first case of things like that happening.  

In Europe the population is aging rapidly and that means that a virus like the Corona virus has a fertile breeding ground amongst the old and infirm.   The same applies to the USA and all Western countries.   Even though there are good health systems in most European countries and the idea is that they work perfectly - the fact is that in most of those countries administrative bungling normally delay treatment for months.   They really are not prepared for a case like the coronavirus crises - hence part of the problem found in those countries.

Now what about Central and South America, the Southern part of Asia and Africa,  The main problem is that health care is not what it should be.   Aside form over-population in most countries - eg India, Pakistan and Indonesia - there are inherent health problems due to dietary deficiency that cause millions of very frail people - especially amongst the poor.  

So lets look at South Africa in particular,   From a health perspective the  situation is chaotic at the best of times - so lets summarize it briefly:-

*    Government Hospitals are a disgrace outside of the Western Cape - if you ever had to enter any of the hospitals you may as well book an undertaker.  The reason is a mixture of poor staff treatment and management, bribery and corruption.   Billions are wasted or misspent and hospitals and clinics often do not have medicine and equipment to treat sick people.  

*    Hospitals are filthy and unhealthy situations is rife as a result.  The middle class and wealthy are members of medical aid insurance schemes and go to the large number of private hospitals where top class medial treatment is the norm - the poor has nowhere to go, but to the State Hospitals where treatment generally is despicable.

*     Even though Government grants help people against starvation - the dietary practices result in frailty of many people and an inability to combat diseases,   

*     There is as a result an abnormally high number of people who are HIV positive and people suffering from diseases like TB, diabetes, malaria and high blood pressure as well as general frailty.

In SA I think that the Government is panicking about the virus spreading into the poor communities and the havoc it would cause in deaths should it happen,   Even though there is no clarity that it in fact  happened already, there are clear indications that it indeed  has happened already and the fact is that they are trying to avoid a wider spread than at present,  

Despite all the negatives SA still has a better health environment than the rest of Africa and most of central and South America.   That being said if the virus take root in most countries the situation could lead to millions of deaths - hence the present panic.

There is one bright spark - they have already started to test a potential vaccine on humans in Washington State to see whether it is effective in combatting the virus.   This is very early compared to what happened in the past.

If effective mass production of the vaccine would take months to get off the ground and benefits will only start to be seen in about six months in more advanced countries and years to reach the countries with really deficient health care systems.    South Africa will probably start vaccine usage fairly early especially in the medical aid scheme category - but I think the real problem will take years to solve in most of the poorer countries should he virus get into the poorer mass of the population.           

Mar 17, 2020, 09:45

"Mar 17, 2020, 09:13

What about the cases that apparently fully recovered, only for them to show symptoms and also be re-infected..... up to 3 weeks after being given the all clear"

According to a doctor on the radio, this has not been scientifically verified yet.

Mar 17, 2020, 10:07

The reason Covid19 has so far hit Europe, the northern part of the Americas, etc is because of the still colder weather. The virus does not survive above 24-26 degrees. Wait until winter hits the SH hemisphere.

Mar 17, 2020, 10:50

"According to a doctor on the radio, this has not been scientifically verified yet."

Re-Infected

Lots of confusion with this, but this is to the contrary

Mar 17, 2020, 10:52

Just one extract

"In Guangdong, officials responsible for the coronavirus response announced Feb. 25 that 14% of declared recoveries in the province had later retested positive"

Mar 17, 2020, 10:56

The more I look, the more it seems to be confirmed

This is the result of a scientific experiment that was done with some Coronavirus patients.... 5 to 13 days after being given the all clear.... every single one tested positive again.

This to me, is the most disturbing and concerning part to all of this

Test

Mar 17, 2020, 11:03

I have heard and read the same, I just relayed what a doctor said on radio. They interviewed some expert on the subject.

From one of your quotes:

"The science surrounding these apparent reinfections is further complicated by China’s handling of the outbreak, which since January has been marred by faulty testing procedures and questionable case counting methods with shifting definitions. In addition, the overburdened healthcare system has put pressure on doctors to discharge people who may not have fully recovered to free up beds for newly infected patients."

and:

"The study examined four medical workers in Wuhan, all infected with coronavirus and then declared recovered according to national criteria. But five to 13 days after the four were released from quarantine, they all tested positive again. They were then each given three repeat tests over the next four to five days. All were positive."

Mar 17, 2020, 11:24

All sixteen temporary hospital in Wuhan have closed due to lack of patients. 

Dr Beeno predicts the desth rate for CV now sitting at 3.84% (the vast majority of whom are elderly) will drop to flue like rates once testing is increased. One doctor is saying it will drop to the S Korea rate of 0.22%.

Oaks the reported rates for flu death in the USA is 10%. The reported rates for CV world wide is 3.84%.

This whole situation has become a farce that is going to blow up in the face of the globalist MSM. Yes some people will die but this is nowhere thevappocolypse these malicious twits predict. 

In both America and Australia Doctors have tested an anti viral that both cures and prevents contagion. Must find the article and post it.

The big problem we have is precisely the problem we had with the Russian HOAX and the Ukraine Hoax. It's about lies and distortions all designed to create a massive panic. 

This whole thing is going to backfire on the perpetrators.

Mar 17, 2020, 12:08

This is very evil and wicked, actually a crime against mankind of the worst proportions.

What makes it possible is people are easily led astray when fearful. Bunch of lemmings.

Mar 17, 2020, 14:02

Seb the globalist elites have been trying to cause panic on a number of occasions. There was Financial Crises, then we have, and its ongoing, the man made climate change hoax. Now its CV.

CV is there most successful yet. But they have over played their hand and will pay a price for causing this blind panic. Their attacks on Trump have been insane. One NYT hack gleefully posting more Republicans will die than Demorats. Trouble with that demorats congregate more in cities than republicans. So she stands exposed every which way as a total scumbag!

Mar 18, 2020, 17:24

If there is some sort of conspiracy as suggested about false reporting on the virus I have to wonder just what activity SOROS  is involved in.

He, by the way, is a perfect fit age-wise for the virus to eliminate.

You need to Log in to reply.