Frans Steyn's 94% Kicking Accuracy in the Currie Cup.

Forum » Rugby » Frans Steyn's 94% Kicking Accuracy in the Currie Cup.

Jan 13, 2021, 23:15

2020-21 Currie Cup stats 

Most points

73: Frans Steyn (Cheetahs) – 15 pg, 14 con

63: Tiaan Swanepoel (Lions) – 3 tries, 16 pg

56: Curwin Bosch (Sharks) – 10 pg, 13 con

44: Tim Swiel (Western Province) – 12 pg, 4 con

40: Morne Steyn (Vodacom Bulls) – 10 pg, 5 con

Kicking accuracy

Frans Steyn (Cheetahs) 93.55%

Morne Steyn (Bulls) 88.24%

Tiaan Swanepoel (Lions) 84.21%

Curwin Bosch (Sharks) 82.14%

Ginter Smuts (Pumas) 80.00%

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/stat-attack-steyn-kitshoff-dominate-currie-cup/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have missed most of the Currie Cup, having watched more SuperRugby when the Sharks were playing well, along with Covid local SA Super Rugby.  Frans Steyn remains a solid option, albeit he lacks pace these days. 

He has kicked better than his namesake Morne Steyn...

Jan 14, 2021, 00:26

His kicking surprised me. He has always been about smashing it from far out but he showed this season what a good goal kicker he is

It’s down to his natural talent

Jan 14, 2021, 11:29

He was always a good kicker, but usually gave way or was demoted for another primary kicker, i.e., Monty, Morné, Lambie (Not better than Fransie). He was called egotistical, but in 2014 he gave way to Lambie. Jake asked him why he wasn't taking those kicks, and his response was that he knew it helped Lambie build confidence getting into a game. A good understanding of his teammates, strong leadership, and selflessness for the good of the team. Frans has been underrated for far too long. Very few Boks are as naturally talented as he is. One of the biggest reasons why we are so uncompetitive for long stretches is that we too often fail to identify our best players and keep them on the field. 

Jan 14, 2021, 12:46

Unfortunately he was an enemy of himself when it comes to rugby,     He went to France  in 2009 in prime condition,   When he came back in 2012 he was grossly overweight at 118  kgs,   His ability as a player was gone and  after five tests he got injured after adding no real value to the Springboks.  Whatever pace he had he lost 

In the period 2013 to2015 he played for the Sharks mostly at center,   After four games in which he was disastrously poor - his coach said that he is so overweight and needs to come down in weight from 118 kgs to about 105-106.   He was dropped from the starting line-up and his coach said publicly that h is no center at all, 

Meyer once called him up to the squad in 2014 - but when he was told that he wopuld not start he left the squad in a huff.   His contract with SARU expired in 2015 and was for obvious reasons not renewed,  

Erasmus was the brilliant coach  who got him into the Springbok squad and he was bar in one game on the bench.   He wanted Steyn to be on the bench  for major games.   Fact is he selected 6 forwards and 2 backline players on the bench - hence the selection of Steyn.  When he came from the bench he was used at full back - which was always was his best position anyway. A player admired by the whole country when he came on the scene and  within a  few years after 2012 self-destructed and turned a potential glorious contribution to SA Rugby into a shambles.                   

Jan 14, 2021, 13:09

So Sharkbok puts up an article about Frans Steyn's current excellent kicking percentage and sure as nuts, here comes ou Maaik, repeating yet again the same old tripe about Frans Steyn that he's been droning on about for years as if we haven't heard it a thousand times before.

No mention of the actual topic which is his current kicking stats, just regurgitating the same old stale garbage about "why I are kan laaik to fink Fransie are defishint!". 

What does this dull-witted old plank think . . . that we don't know already that he hates rugby players who have Steyn as a surname? Huh? Does the dribbling moron seriously think we need to be told again?

Hard to believe.

Jan 14, 2021, 14:27

"What does this dull-witted old plank think . . . that we don't know already that he hates rugby players who have Steyn as a surname? Huh? Does the dribbling moron seriously think we need to be told again?

Hard to believe."

Living to insult...Irony at it's best...atleast Ou Maaik isn't a complete and utter arsehole like you...

Jan 14, 2021, 15:31

And equally predictably, here's the always boring, always insignificant but never silent Squeaky Toy getting all red-faced and indignant and shoving his dirty little shit-covered snout into a discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with him.

Jan 14, 2021, 18:52

Ja poephol, whatever you say...

Jan 14, 2021, 19:15

"shoving his dirty little shit-covered snout into a discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with him."

Irony indeed.

Jan 15, 2021, 02:20

Very ironic. Like following Moz all over the net and poking into his personal life. Reminds one of the character Robin Williams played in One Hour Photo. Sad. Very sad. 

Jan 15, 2021, 11:30

Rooinek

Try and for a change make a RUGBY contributions on the site,   Your comments about my contributions are as sick as can be - since you apparentlky knows F#ck all about the game,   

Jan 15, 2021, 11:50

Answer the question you stupid old man . . . do you think we don't know yet that you hate Frans Steyn? Huh fatso?

The discussion was about Frans Steyn's kicking percentage this season and you didn't even bother addressing that point, you just typed up the same old monotonous one-eyed drivel that we've been reading from you for literally a decade.

Now, I ask again, did you type up your "I can laaik to hate Fat Fransie" because you thought maybe we didn't know that or we haven't read the same steaming pile of garbage thousands of times from you?

Hmmm?

Jan 15, 2021, 14:43

Answer the question you stupid rude arse . . . do you think we don't know yet that you hate Ou Maaik? Huh rude prick?

The discussion was about Frans Steyn's kicking percentage this season and you didn't even bother addressing that point, you just typed up the same old monotonous one-eyed drivel that we've been reading from you for literally a decade.

Now, I ask again, did you type up your "I can laaik to hate Ou Maaik" because you thought maybe we didn't know that or we haven't read the same steaming pile of garbage thousands of times from you?

Hmmm?

Bitterbal Rude Prick, we already know who you hate...you could have just kept your trap shut...you were a bit less of a doos when you were nicer to Maaik, but that mask fell off... any arsehole of note will expose himself eventually, yet there are still a few on here who hasn't twigged....yet...and no self awareness whatsoever...wonder what fcked you up so bad.

Jan 15, 2021, 14:45

Jan 15, 2021, 15:22

"whatsoever...wonder what fcked you up so bad."

The cocaine addiction? 

Jan 15, 2021, 16:32

Nah, narcotics had nothing to do with it...this probably goes back to early childhood.

Jan 17, 2021, 12:55

A chronic dose of the Schadenfreude Virus that has run rife on this forum over the last couple of years.

Unfortunately there is no vaccine for it ...the answer lies within.

Jan 17, 2021, 13:15

Seb, I find no mirth in Rooi's missery...I pity him, but unfortunately I can't help responding to his bile...cat-laser-pointer-stuff...

Jan 17, 2021, 13:43

I't's not only Rooinek, it's in quite a few here...Beeno's Trumpet turned into a fiasco of poisonous words and dissected this forum into shreads...it was pathetic to say the least.

Man, this is a chronic mental disease of hated...self-hatred and hatred of things and others that you cannot and don't understand. It's no joke.

Yes these individuals need help. Yes it requires courage and honesty within and take responsibility for yourself.

But raising this issue might well turn into even a more vicious attack as these types are innately suspicious of all good intentions others might sincerely feel for them. They cannot trust because they don't even trust themselves. 

Jan 18, 2021, 16:08

Your thread's going well, SB :D

Jan 18, 2021, 17:21

Howzit Pakie...glad to see you alive and kicking...hope our WP can step up to the plate on Saturday...the Sharkies have a good record at Newlands...gonna be difficult...even more so for me, having to watch rugby without a few cold brewskies.:D

Jan 18, 2021, 22:25

Hey Draad, no idea what's going on in rugby, haha. Quite busy which is something to be grateful for in times like these. Enjoy the game en kap maar 'n paar zero alkohol biertjies, hulle is darem nie so kak nie.

Jan 18, 2021, 23:20

Ek drink nie meer die egte bier nie. Net zero alkohol, smaak lekker  as jy genoog gedrink het, and jou dag  is nie opgevoeterd nie.

There, I think I got all the double negatives.

Jan 19, 2021, 07:56

I think you got them, Moz. Lose a few marks for spelling, but no worse than the average native Afrikaans speaker.

Jan 19, 2021, 09:12

Ja, the non-alcoholic beer isn't that bad...it will never be a substitute for the real thing, but there's definitely a place for it, even when the real McCoy is freely available.  

You need to Log in to reply.