France show how rugby should be played….

Forum » Rugby » France show how rugby should be played….

Nov 21, 2021, 00:22

….who says there is no space on the rugby field for centres. So many innovations from the French. My favourite was from the scrum, Du Pont breaking left…effectively an old style scissor movement with the flyhalf at pace who carves NZ wide open round the right side.

The Boks need a backline coach, they have no ideas, nothing is done at pace. Dud Allende is a Cul de sac. If we want to play him why not at 13. He is no a creative back. Pollard instead of rebelling has doubled down on Harrassmiss rugby….it’s all depressingly static and repetitive.

It’s also clear Kriel and particularly Jantjies are match losers.Jantjies missed kick and poor tackle which prompted Dud’s brain implosion effectively did us in.

So much backline work to be done…..in the absence of Kolbe we have nothing.

Nov 21, 2021, 00:48

France was amazing and played with structure and flair. I agree we need a decent backline coach. What I've seen from France, NZ and England today is that they all process strike power in the backline. Able to break the line with clever straight running. Ireland is close too. But the boks were not able to do it, instead we have Eben running a great line but couldn't get the pass away, if it was a back it would have been a great try 

Nov 21, 2021, 00:55

France has become a force to be reckoned with. They showed that in class against one of the best. There creative backline play is very well coached + the french players are fully committed on attack. NH teams has closed the gap on SH teams fast, and with style....I know a lot of the guys on here will not agree with me, but it looks very much like we have reached our Potential under R&N....under the wright backline coaching, with our Pack, we will be very difficult to stop. They might prove me wrong, but with R&N,s desperate style of Rugby, I can’t see that happening.

Nov 21, 2021, 01:15

Eben had no one to pass to….Marx was too far away and left behind by Etzebeth’s pace

You need to Log in to reply.