Erasmus underwent Chemotherapy during WC

Forum » Rugby » Erasmus underwent Chemotherapy during WC

Jun 22, 2020, 09:54

The following from news24:-

"Springbok director of rugby Rassie Erasmus faced a potentially life-threatening health scare in 2019 that required chemotherapy before and during the Rugby World Cup in Japan. 

According to a Rapport article on Sunday, Erasmus was diagnosed with microscopic polyangiitis with granulomatosis - a rare autoimmune disease - in early 2019. 

The disease is not cancerous but it can severely impact the lungs, kidneys, sinuses and trachea and Erasmus is understood to have suffered a rare strain of the disease that, according to his doctor Johan Theron, was potentially fatal.   According to the report, Erasmus continued with the treatment until March 2020 and it was considered successful. 

"Rassie was treated for a serious condition in 2019, from which he has recovered," a SA Rugby spokesperson confirmed to Sport24 on Sunday.

"He thanks people for their concern but wishes to keep the matter private."

The report adds that, during the World Cup, Erasmus' chemotherapy doses were lowered so that he could give his full attention to the Springboks. 

"He really doubted at one stage whether he would be able to push through with his position as Springbok coach," Theron said.

After winning the World Cup, Erasmus stood down as head coach of the Springboks and moved into his role as director of rugby on a full-time basis, handing the coaching reins to Jacques Nienaber".

This guy is something special - hope he is fully recovered.  We need him in years to come. 

Jun 22, 2020, 12:41

Regardless of what I think of his coaching, I'm very glad to hear that he is doing well. I wouldn't wish health troubles on anyone. These kinds of battles are quite taxing, even little niggles can whittle away at a person. 

Jun 22, 2020, 12:48

Stressful job too!

Jun 22, 2020, 12:55

Aug the fact you don’t rate him as a coach confirms what an utterly clueless ignorant twit you are.

It’s the reason any of your takes on rugby deserve a big massive YAWN

But please don’t let that stop you

The more comedians we have on here the better

Jun 22, 2020, 13:05

Yes, the more comedians: 

JJ is the best 13 since Gerber
Damian is the best 12 since readmission
Julies should be 12 in the 2007 WC
Watson before Schalk
Pretorius before Butch
Cooper best 10 in the world (2013)

Need I go on? Strauss of beard fame as Bok captain. Yes, comedians, we need more of these :D

Here's a puzzle, how do we separate the work of Rassie from Nienaber? It seems like Jose is like a consultant to Nienaber. 

Jun 22, 2020, 13:45

Great guy and world's best coach.

All the very best Rassie, the thinking man's coach.

Org  time to wise up about Rassie. Admit defeat and try and win the next one. Hahahaha. 

Jun 22, 2020, 13:48

Damien is regarded as one of the key reasons for the Springboks winning the WC in 2019 - but idiot speaker AO does not realize it. because he knows zero about rugby at all.   He ii just too stupid to believe anything he writes on site,    

Every member on site has punted players - but if they do not work out they are not supported again.  The problem is a person has to look at performance as a norm for selection.  Idiots like AO does not understand what real performance is.  That is why he rated Meyer and Coetzee as coaches  and went on the rampage against Erasmus.   What happened to his two star coaches during the past year - both were fired due to INCOMPETENCE  - yet he rates them higher than Erasmus.  One has to remember the statements this idiot makes like Steyn is on par with Carter as a flyhalf. Kirchner is better than Folau as a full back, Mohoje is a better loosie than McCaw.  That says it all - the man knows zero about rugby and then lies about what happened in matches.     

Jun 22, 2020, 15:14

Heineke Meyer underwent a brain transplant during the 2015 world cup, but alas it was too late.
It was a rush job, and it did not work very well at Stade Francias either.
He has since returned the brain and got his money back.
The Stade Francais owner was not so lucky and is financially ruined with his club in the second division.

Jun 22, 2020, 19:06

Damien the tractor.....the mobile loose scrum....hell he botched an attacking movement in the first few minutes of the final, and then got totally gassed by the Pom winger when he should have got him in the in-goal area. Wasted opportunity squared.....the man got an arm chair ride from the pack and still had nothing to offer except tractoring.

And if you think he did....give us examples.

Jun 22, 2020, 19:06

Sharkbok, shouldn't you be enquiring about a brain transplant! Think of all the BS that would be eliminated here!:D

Org is a very in formed guy Mike, he just sometimes gets confused by too much information!. .

Jun 22, 2020, 20:26

Mozart

We know that you hate De Allende and make unusual assumed statements on him - but this is pushing it a hell of a lot.  What potential attacking movement did De Allende botch in the final?

OK - I can give you plenty examples but will concentrate only on two - both leading up to points for the Springboks.   The one is the last penalty in the first half when De Allende started he attack and drew in a defender -leading to a gap for Am  to carry the ball further, etc - scrum Springbok penalty converted.    The second one relates to the final penalty conversion in the second half.

Go and watch the tests again without blinkers and you may see what really happened. .

Jun 22, 2020, 22:52

Aug it’s one thing being fucking ignorant as you are but lying about what I said about the list of players you name about sums up how pathetic you are.

Jun 22, 2020, 22:54

de Allende is by some distance the best 12 in the game right now

Stop de Allende and you stop the Boks

There has been no stopping de Allende hence WC champs, RC champs and world number one

If you don’t see the value in de Allende you don’t know the game

His try against Wales got us into the final

His demolition of the 10/12 channel against England in the final was so effective it forced an early change by Eddie

DA is that good that he forced a coach to change his side make up in a WC final

But all he does is tractoring whatever the fuck that is

Jun 22, 2020, 23:54

Okay:

1 De Allende is by far not the best 12 in the game....he had the best platform at the WC and played against very weak centres in the playoffs.

2 The only thing that counted that Allende did was shrug off Biggar who stupidly tried to strip the ball instead of put a break on the tractor.

3 You yourself didn’t pick Allende early in the contest...by that definition you don’t know the game.

4 His try against Wales was the result of poor defence.

5 Ford was pulled because he couldn’t handle the rush defence....nothing to do with Allende.

6 See point 6.

7 Spot on.

Jun 22, 2020, 23:58

Here you go Mike:

Firstly Willie has the ball opposite Ford and slides outside him forcing the gap. Allende is outside him, marked by Farrell. As Willie looks to break free Farrell turns inside to help. That's the moment a smart, fast centre would have gone outside Farrell and been in position for an offload.

Allende inexplicably tries to run through the gap Farrell has closed and finds himself blocked behind Farrell. So he slows down and trots behind the move. Willie looks to offload to his right where Allende should  be....nada....Kolbe who was on the touchline tries to get in position but he's  too far away for an offload. Chance lost.

Secondly the Boks get the ball well inside the Pom 22....it goes to Allende with a pod of 3 forwards opposite him.....then a gap in the Pom defence to Underhill further away. A natural centre would have run outside  Itoje on the open  side of the pod....forcing Underhill to come in and exploited the resultant overlap. 

Or as an Alternative, he could  have shaped to offload in Itoje's tackle to Malherbe who was positioned in the gap. Instead Allende crash balls into the three forwards and the Pom defence reforms, opportunity gone. A centre like Goodhue would have turned both of these situations into try scoring chances.

The third dead head move was allowing May, pinned against the touchline, to step inside him. Make that tackle with the aid of the touchline and we either have a 2 on 1 at the breakdown on their line....or a lineout throw 5 metres out. But instead of making a good low tackle we see the familiar upper body paw and May waltzes away.

Three excellent chances in the first six minutes...all blown by slow thinking and sloppy execution. Why do the rugby talking heads and writers fail to see these obvious things? Hard to say....and there will be more instances. Instead of seeing these things as they do in American Football they blather on about power, power which beat 1 defender in 12 runs....and vote this one dimensional centre into the WC team.

Jun 23, 2020, 00:01

Hahahaha Dave.......The Tractor is the greatest 12 in the world on Nov2, but on October 18 he never even made your Bok team. One can’t make up this kind of material, it has to come from the bowel.

Rugby » How different the Bok side is to mine 

Oct 18, 2019, 21:23

I’d have gone with Rassie’s choice at 15 with Willie and Gelant as backup. 

My wings would have been Nkosi and Dyanti but given the Dyanti demise I probably would have gone with Duhan vd Merwe 

Rassie’s choice of Kolbe has been brilliant and certainly trumps my call 

My centres would have been Serfontein and Kriel. I’m not sure how injured Serfontein is so given it’s a close call between de Allende and Serfontein, I’m more than happy with Rassie’s choice at 12. I rate Am and would have included Janse v Rensburg in my squad.

Jun 23, 2020, 00:11

Bullshit that he was not my pick early in the contest, if it was not de Allende who was my choice?

Ah so it’s poor defence that let DA score against Wales it had nothing to do with his power??? Geez

Ford could not handle the rush defence - what kak

What he could not handle was DA running at him and giving the Boks massive forward momentum - in effect DA dismantled the Poms and forced an early change - FACT

Greenwood was spot on - you stop DA you stop the Boks, he is that important to the Boks

Jun 23, 2020, 00:20

I clearly state that it’s a close call between Serfontein and de Allende and given Serf was injured I was more than happy with DA at 12. My choice for the WC was DA and that’s a fact. I’m a huge Serf fan but DA has taken his chances and cemented his starting spot thanks to the RC and WC.

Right now faced with a fit Serf and DA, DA gets my vote thanks to his freakish power that sides struggle to contain

I’m not stupid enough not to rate the guy who’s value to a side is so apparent

Jun 23, 2020, 00:40

Allende had to make 2 open field tackles on backs....one on an isolated May on the English goal line. He makes that tackle we likely score.The second on Watson running up the right flank in a potential try scoring position. 

Allende misses both tackles, but fortunately Frans stops Watson.

Allende is given credit for his defence, but he remains very vulnerable in space or when some anticipation is required. 

Jun 23, 2020, 08:09

Mozart

You are indeed a nut case when it comes to Rugby - when you dislike a player you make an utter fool of yourself.   Where was De Allende when the missed tackles took place?   Have a serious look at the runs of May and Watson before you make statement like you came up with above.  The fact is that he was too far inside and ran to the side where the ball went.   The case of  Watson he was so far inside that he never reached him to tackle him.   

Watson bumbed Steyn out of the way when he ran straight at him and on the process he fell and Du Toit stopped any further movement by Watson.  That was what really happened - not what you came up with,

What you do not realize is that De Allende and Du Toit was highly rated by experts 0 but not by you - so the story is that really it is time to stop your blinkers and start thinking for a change.              

Jun 23, 2020, 09:22

Damian can't reliably stop head-on traffic. His defence is terrible in its entirety. He also lacks skill. The best we saw of Damian throughout 2019 were those chips down the touchline in the early part of super rugby.

Jun 23, 2020, 09:49

This is funny

So Mostert never missed two tackles in the final when he clearly did

But DA did miss two tackles when he probably didn’t (I would need to check but can’t be asked)

If the shoe fits hey

DA is the best 12 in the game right now evidenced by his selection in WC team of the tournament which shock shock also happened to have PSDT in it.

DA was vital to the Boks - without him we would not have even got into the final - FACT

Jun 23, 2020, 11:15

AO

You stupid idiot - none of the tackles missed by De Allende were head on tackles.  Try again - you remain a total fool all the time.  

Jun 23, 2020, 15:51

A rising tide lifts all boats......even the Duds.

Jun 23, 2020, 23:27

It was ebbtide for 6 years, 

Jun 23, 2020, 23:41

And the Duds ebbed along with the tide. But actually HM’s team played the ABs much closer ..... 18 to 20 vs 13 to 23 .. in a bigger game. There’s your inconvenient truth.

Jun 24, 2020, 01:21

Meyer was a useless Bok coach

Completely out of his depth

I had high expectations but boy oh boy was he a massive flop

Bringing back washed up has beens like Matfield did his cause no favours

Utterly useless

Jun 24, 2020, 06:01

Matfield was the MOM in the WC 3rd place playoff..... .Lomp was the guy who missed the tackle that got the ABs off the hook. Your logic is faulty. The mistake HM made was starting Lomp  and not Matfield.

Jun 24, 2020, 07:32

No Mozart

The fact is that when the try was scored by Kaino the following was included in the ESPN report:-

"Wow, first try of the game! Boks have been rattled back and Kaino has notched the first five points down the right flank. The All Blacks have eventually managed to stretch the Boks line and some nice handling from Kaino keeps the ball in play and Lood de Jager's last ditch tackle can't reach the flanker who plants down in the corner."

That was the real description of what happened.  Despite the dive in a desperate effort by De Jager he never reached Kaino - did not even tough him.  That was  the real scenario - not the BS you have been spreading for years now.   

As to Matfield, he royally fucked up when he came on in the semi - details were repeatedly given on site,  In the bronze medal match against the Argentina "B" team Matfield did quite well, but the much better player in the game was Malherbe - so the MOM in that game was not really anything bar a farewell present to Matfield.   That is not even worth mentioning as the team the Springboks played was weakened and would never have played in any of the other matches in the series.    Nobody takes bronze medal play-off  games seriously anyway,      

Jun 24, 2020, 08:50

The big duds of the 2015 WC: Coenie, Lood, Steph, Malherbe, Kriel, Damian, Lambie. 

I do blame Meyer for most of those selections. I also call out those that lauded those selections. Even more, I lambaste those who criticize the coach, but not the failures on the field. The latter seems to be a peculiar sickness restricted to South Africa.

Jun 24, 2020, 12:23

OA

Under what name were you posting in 2015?   San Tzu or Gonzo the Ape?   You never ever said Meyer made he wrong selections - but his coaching ability was non-existent.   He never known coaching - hence his subsequent firing by Stade Francais.  That applies to both on-field and off-field coaching and team selection.    

The actual big duds were Jannie, Bismarck, Burger, Pienaar, Matfield, Pietersen, Oosthuizen  and then there were the unplayable passengers, Morne, Kirschner, Paige and De Villiers..      

Jun 24, 2020, 12:59

I am less interested in De Allende and others and more interested in Rassie’s illness and progress. 

This seems to be a potential life threatening disease and from what I have been able to find out about it, they do not normally treat it with chemo, although some of the drugs mentioned could well be chemo. From what I understand, most of the names of the immunotherapy drugs end with ....umab. 

Some of the drugs used for Rassie’s conditions also end with ...umab and it may well be that the same goes for chemo drugs as well. I am on immunotherapy and was first treated with Pembrolizumab. When that did not have the desired effect, it was switched to Ipilimumab. The other immunotherapy drugs used by the NHS have similar names. 

Jun 24, 2020, 17:07

Lomp reached Kaino....he was face planted.

Jun 24, 2020, 17:44

Lie again = will always lie when he has been caught put.  

Jun 24, 2020, 19:04

https://www.google.com/search?q=rugby+world+cup+semi+final+2015&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

You need only look at 60  seconds of the shorts  highlights to see Lomp grasp Kaino...get shoved off.....fall on the deck. ...give NZ momentum and valuable points.

Face planted!

Jun 24, 2020, 19:33

If De Jager in fact touched Kaino it might have been with his fingertips.  He made a tackle earlier in the same move  and them get top Kaino when it was way too late,  ESPN description  is accurate - yours is standard biased BS.    I looked at the clip and what you said remains BS.  

Jun 24, 2020, 20:31

Rugby Union - Rugby World Cup 2015 Semi-Final - South Africa vs. New Zealand : News Photo

Jun 24, 2020, 20:35

Kaino literally has a handful of Lomp’s Jersey.....Lomp is being handed off in the classical style. He went too high and was soooooo slow getting across. A potential WC losing tackle attempt.

Jun 24, 2020, 22:00

Watch your video clip please,  

Jun 24, 2020, 23:20

Matfield was utterly useless when he returned aged 38 or something. He was a complete physical liability much like Mostert is now.

That MOM award was a sympathy vote given it was Matfield’s last ever game in a nothing game.

Lood was far far better than has been Matfield just like Lood is twice the player powder puff Mostert is these days.

It did not take Rassie long to rush Lood back into his starting line up after his injury, ahead of powder puff thank goodness

Matfield aged 38 should not have been anywhere near the Bok squad let alone the side

Jun 25, 2020, 00:03

Ja they rushed Lomp back in but one clash with Vunipola led to the poor guy being helped off the field....slow and pap.

Watch: Painful footage of Lood de Jager injury is released

(Photo by Dan Mullan/Getty Images)

Jun 25, 2020, 00:19

Tackle radius of a biscuit. 

Jun 25, 2020, 00:48

Brain of a jelly/body of a meringue/ passing ability of clotted cream. That’s the amazing thing....the Boks were playing a game plan which suited him....basically static. And Mostert was still much better. Imagine in an open game plan where Mostert’s way superior passing skills could be deployed.

A flat track bully....but more flat track than bully.

Jun 25, 2020, 01:29

One would swear Lood was the only player that ever got injured

What’s important is that our coach rates him highly as most of us do.

He is one of the best locks in the game, his partnership with Eben makes them the best lock pair in the game by some distance

Add the very impressive RG and you have quite a trio

No doubt we will never see powder puff in the equation again. The physical liability is toast

Utterly useless

Jun 25, 2020, 01:59

No what’s important is like 2015 his form against the minnows disappeared when he played the big boys......bog ordinary against Wales, and a casualty against England, but a giant against the Japanese Lilliputians.  This slow thinking, low jumping, meringue bodied drol was no loss in the final.

Jun 25, 2020, 02:06

Wrong he was great against Wales in fact he was even better than Eben in that game

Lood 5 runs 5m gained 2 defenders beaten

Eben 1 run 0m gained 0 defenders beaten

Lood 13 tackles made 0 missed

Eben 9 tackles made 0 missed

Stop speaking shit Moz

Just to confirm how useless Mostert was physically in that final 5 runs and a big fat ZERO m gained as he spends his life getting driven backwards. No doubt if they included negative metres gained Mostert would top the charts 

Jun 25, 2020, 05:14

The AO idiot lost the argument about the Springbok team performances in the WC and went quiet - but Mozart changed the topic to De Jager.    Not surprising - he was dead set against De Jager in 2014 because he supported Matfield at lock for the Springboks,   Matfield was a flop after his return from retirement and that was over and over again.   

He also went ballistic about De Allende because of his support of Steyn,  His dislike of Erasmus was another idiocy,            

Jun 25, 2020, 10:16

Lood was a giant against Japan for precisely two runs. That was it. His immobility, lack of speed and low work rate was something of a problem. He also has hands of stone. Most tests, you'll see those clumsy hands. Matfield would never have blown two overlaps in the opposition 22 in a World Cup heavyweight clash like Lood did against Wales. 

Jun 25, 2020, 11:20

The fact is that Mafield blew matches after his return from retirement.   I do not know and never saw two overlaps that De Jager blew in the Wales test.   So another lot of total BS by AO.   

Jun 25, 2020, 11:41

Watching ou Maaik and Omlett debating rugby is like watching two monkeys debating quantum physics.

Jun 25, 2020, 13:30

Herr Omlett yapping behind a fence. The memories of being used to mop the deck haven't eased with time.

But it's okay, he drew a three game series of chess with Herr Grump in 2008.

I think in future, I shall refer to Herr Omlett simply as Not-Mozart. A simple fact that gnaws at its core. Mozart envy. 

Jun 25, 2020, 14:20

Aug is a fucking comic

The ignorant shit that comes out of his mouth is hilarious

But the best thing is, he does not know it

We see green, Aug sees pink!!

Jun 25, 2020, 15:35

Aug has  you by 30 IQ points Dave....that makes your ‘debate’ rather pointless.

Jun 25, 2020, 15:41

Omlett and Omellete together again at last . . . the funniest double act on the forum!

Jun 25, 2020, 15:53

Nah Koosie and Rooinek are the funniest double act.

Jun 25, 2020, 18:26

That’s pretty pathetic Moz, fucking insulting in fact

Says a lot for you if you think that idiot has IQ credibility

Could you suck up any more - fuck me

Now talk us through how crap Lood was against Wales in comparison to Eben, you’ll need all your IQ points for that

IQ my arse

Jun 25, 2020, 22:35

"IQ my arse"

Quite the connection you made there. Could we be seeing the emergence of honesty? :D

Jun 25, 2020, 22:53

I’m not even going to try to understand what that means. There are things I’d rather not know.

Jun 26, 2020, 00:19

Aug you dumbfuck what has honesty got to do with the equation?

Jun 26, 2020, 13:47

Lood is the walking definition of a flat track bully.

Jun 26, 2020, 14:28

Why is he a flat track bully?

Jun 26, 2020, 15:54

Dominates weak opponents, disappears against strong opponents.

Jun 26, 2020, 16:00

Nonsense 

Jun 27, 2020, 01:43

No you’re right Wanker.....he doesn’t always dominate weak opposition.

Jun 27, 2020, 08:53

"Tackle radius of a biscuit. "

"Brain of a jelly/body of a meringue/ passing ability of clotted cream."

GOLD!!! I'm no Lood fan...not too fond of Mostert either, but both are probably better than they're being given credit for on here...but in the absence of real sport, it's marvelous watching the fight on this thread!:D:D:D

Jun 27, 2020, 14:16

Mozart

You are a total train smash  when it comes to rugby issues,  So lets get this straight you write constantly in the past about  Mostert - there is a big  difference between the two players,   De Jager bullies weaker locks and stands up against the best, Mostert gets bullied by all international locks.  

Listening to the commentators in the final - they said that the replacement of De Jager weakens the forward pack.   These people are regular commentators on club rugby in England and saw Mostert frequently when playing for Gloucester so they new what they were talking about,    

Jun 27, 2020, 17:32

Lood is a useless, unskilled, slow, ponderous, passive, lethargic lump who may as well possess T-Rex arms. He is shown up every game. His one and only great test was against Scotland in 2014. That's it. The end. If this was 1952, he'd be in his element. 

Jun 27, 2020, 19:07

‘T-Rex arms’......... hell he has a sloth’s energy, the vision of a bat, and the competitiveness of a klipvis. 

Jun 27, 2020, 21:25

Two Rugby idiots both keep showing total lack of rugby knowledge on a continuous basis.  I think that Erasmus in his little finger knows more about rugby than you two combined knows about the game.   I am amazed what you pretend you see in games nobody else sees.   

Jun 27, 2020, 22:30

Stop speaking utter shit Pakie - Lood was the best lock on the field in the semi final against Wales

Weak opposition my arse

Fuck you speak shit

Jun 28, 2020, 01:17

Saffy likes two things: 1.Bulk, 2.Passivity. He uses these two ingredients to birth those long Christmas lists of names

Jun 29, 2020, 00:54

Lomp the best lock on the field? Nah the 4th best lock on the Springbok side. From Rugby 365:

19 Rudolph Snyman (on for Etzebeth, 52nd minute) 
Made an impact when he was introduced. The lock proved to be an effective line-out option as he directed the driving maul very well. Was also very good in open play.
8/10

20 Franco Mostert (on for De Jager, 58th minute) 
His first touch of the ball was far from perfect or accurate, however at the end put in an industrious shift.
6/10

5 Lodewyk de Jager

Put in a strong shift and provided plenty of muscle in some driving mauls before he left the field just short of the hour mark.
6/10

4 Eben Etzebeth
Disrupted the Wales’ set piece and his aggressive nature around the rucks and in tackles was a much-needed component.
7/10

Jun 29, 2020, 08:29

Wales semi 2015 - Boks on attack in the 22, Lood drops the ball (56:32)

Nine minutes later, Boks on attack again just outside the Wales 22, Lood is monstered back in the tackle (something that supposedly only happens to Mostert) and loses the ball on the ground again (67:24).

And then of course he misses Kaino in the final.

Nothing has changed in the 4 years since. Put him against the big boys and he fades.

Jun 29, 2020, 09:13

Pakie

Put Matfield after return from retirement and Mostert against the big boys and both vanished from sight.   Your story about 2015 is garbled at best.   

So lets look at 2019 - that is more pertinent.  Remember players mature as  they grow older and gain more experience.  Mostert was a dead loss in the RC - against the AB's in the RC he was totally useless in line-outs and was never used in the subsequent match ion line-outs against Argentina.  IN the WC match against the AB's he missed two tackles - one leading to a AB try and he was again useless in line-outs.  That was enough for Erasmus to drop him from a starting line-up of the Springboks for the rest of the WC.   

He replaced De Jager in the  final and was totally insignificant in the game.   Watch minute 41 in the final where he dropped the ball and killed an attack  by the Springboks.   I also agree with Dave he effectively did miss 2 tackles in the final.   He was not used in the line-outs against England as well and the English commentators did say he weakened the scrum compared to De Jager.  

De Jager had an excellent 2019 season.  I the RC he forced his way over the line and scored a try against the Aussies and even though he was on the bench in the first WB match he did well in the actual games he started in,   His injury was a freak accident,   Vunipola fell on him in the game and he injured his shoulder as a result.  Pity - since he would not have been was weak as Mostert was,

What is clear is that Mostert had his final test in the WC and he will not play for the Springboks again.    There are aside from De Jager too many more physical players at lock to be considered for selection and they will not fade against real locks like Mostert did.   He was given a chance to play at 7 and failed that as well.                   

Jun 29, 2020, 09:27

"‘T-Rex arms’......... hell he has a sloth’s energy, the vision of a bat, and the competitiveness of a klipvis. "

You two are on a roll!!!

Jun 29, 2020, 12:15

Actually, it was Stephanie, your crush, who was useless against New Zealand. What kind of buffoon runs out of line at nobody in particular and gets himself obstructed by the man without the ball? He does this repeatedly game after game. 

As for Lood being physical? Not really. He is heavy, not physical. Against fitter players, he gets bullied. Against semi-professionals he is okay, because his weight is more significant. 

Jun 29, 2020, 17:38

AO

BS - you stupid fart,   Du Toit is used that way by Erasmus  and was greatly successful in disrupting the opposition.  He cannot help it that Mostert is so weak in defense that people ran through him.      

It really is amazing what you come up with.   Du Toit was picked by a panel of experts with hundreds of tests and many years of international experience on test level as the 2019 Player of the Year.   That shows how really piss poor you real knowledge pf rugby really is. 

Then you still come up with Esterhuizen as center,  There is one thing very clear and that is if Esterhuizen was in the team and not De Allende  the Springboks would not have won the WC. That is why De Allende was picked by experts on the WC team of the Championship.   The best center on display at that series.   

And then we had Meyer as a top class coach - fired by Stade Francais because he was clueless.  The Club was ruined and is out of the Top 14 because of a totally incompetent coach.

All your drivel will get you nowhere, but shows why you had to change your user name on site is many times,   Time to try some new name to hide your total rugby idiocy, but your last name change  did not last long before you betrayed yourself through  idiocy -  but still will for a short while helped you out.        

Jun 29, 2020, 17:45

A panel of experts.......waaaaaaahahaha.....a few old rugger buggers who knew a Bok had to get Player of the Year. And so they gave it to  the most popular Springbok.

Just a popularity contest..... can’t pass, can’t tackle in open field, can’t fetch, can’t offload, can’t lineout steal, can’t beat a tackle......the list of cant’s is embarrassing. 

But at least, unlike Lomp, he wasn’t splattered like a vrot  tomato by Vunipola.

Jun 29, 2020, 19:20

Mozart

The following were on the Panel:-

Maggie Alphonsi (ENG)

Fiona Coghlan (IRE)
Thierry Dusautoir (FRA)
George Gregan (AUS)
Richie McCaw (NZL)
Seilala Mapusua (SAM)
Brian O’Driscoll (IRE)
Agustín Pichot (ARG)
Melodie Robinson (NZL)
John Smit (RSA)

You are really insulting all of the above with your hysterical outburst. 

The above know rugby and they picked the best player - not a popularity contest,  If that was the case why was an All Black not the  Player of the year in 2011?

You remain a bloody fool anyway - and that is really the fun of being on site- to laugh whemn such silliness are put on site, 

Live with it in 2019 -

*   The Springboks were the Team of the Year;
*    Erasmus was the Coach of the Year; and
*    Pieter-Steph du Toit was the Player of the Year.

All of the above was selected on merit.

LMAO  

Mozart

The following were on the Panel:-

Maggie Alphonsi (ENG)

Fiona Coghlan (IRE)
Thierry Dusautoir (FRA)
George Gregan (AUS)
Richie McCaw (NZL)
Seilala Mapusua (SAM)
Brian O’Driscoll (IRE)
Agustín Pichot (ARG)
Melodie Robinson (NZL)
John Smit (RSA)

You are really insulting all of the above with your hysterical outburst. 

The above know rugby and they picked the best player - not a popularity contest,  If that was the case why was an All Black not the  Player of the year in 2011?

You remain a bloody fool anyway - and that is really the fun of being on site- to laugh whemn such silliness are put on site, 

Live with it in 2019 -

*   The Springboks were the Team of the Year;
*    Erasmus was the Coach of the Year; and
*    Pieter-Steph du Toit was the Player of the Year.

All of the above was selected on merit.

LMAO  

Those 365 calls are a load of utter shit

Having watched the game a few times and as the stats prove - Lood was the best lock on the field in the semi and that’s a fact

Jun 29, 2020, 21:05

Wanker the only hysterical party is you.......howling away as I pull your chain.

Jun 29, 2020, 22:56

Mozart

Do you always distort things beyond belief.   Three players went for Vunipola - one of which was De Jager,   He tackled hip high-the others went higher,   That resulted in the injury when Vunipola and two Springboks  fell on top of him,       

Jun 30, 2020, 00:18

Three against one and Vunipola still tramples poor Lomp....gosh, that’s discouraging.

Jun 30, 2020, 00:47

"Having watched"

Really? Like the miss against Australia? Your track record for "having watched" things is rather poor Lister.

Jun 30, 2020, 07:57

Congratulations Mozart

This is the most idiotic comments I have ever seen on site  and it is also getting to the stage when AO reach the same level of idiocy, 

Jul 01, 2020, 01:23

"Congratulations Mozart

This is the most idiotic comments I have ever seen on site"

Is it really? Look a little harder. :D

Jul 01, 2020, 03:49

You want idiotic comments, look no further than this poster:

clevermike on Ruckers Forum

clevermike

Jul 01, 2020, 15:54

I do not publish lies and distortions on site - we have enough idiots who do on site, 

Jul 01, 2020, 16:54

Moz I have a history of dislocated shoulders with the most innocuous methods of effecting those dislocations from sneezing to stepping in an indentation on a pitch while bowling so saying Lood was somehow physically battered by Vinipola is laughable

There was nothing in it, it was as innocuous as one of my examples. Billy makes very little contact - it’s just one of those unfortunate injuries.

Some take a massive hit to create like Vermeulen on that Welsh prop, others as simple as Billy on Lood

Jul 01, 2020, 17:54

You do not post lies and distortions? Here are some:

1. Morné converting to soccer because he was too useless for rugby
  2. Jake dropping Morné for the 2007 World Cup
  3. Esterhuizen losing the home test we won in Brisbane, South Africa
  4. Willemse not throwing an intercept against Argentina, in the second test, which he didn't play in
  5. Morné directly losing the Dunedin test after he left the field with the scores tied
I think we get the picture, you talk a lot of nonsense. 

Jul 01, 2020, 17:55

Lood, made of jelly, was rocked by a petal stroke of an innocuous contact situation. The most physical lock in world rugby.

Jul 01, 2020, 17:58

Me too.....my right shoulder in a tackle on a big bloke, who stepped at the last second...so I took all the impact far down the arm. Popped that shoulder neatly.

I went on playing and dislocated it again, but finished the game. Then I dislocated it once surfing.....that was a bastard.

Jul 01, 2020, 19:17

AO

At least I apologize when I made a mistake,   As to the above  Morne was totally useless anyway - he could kick at goal with a success rate of  circa 80%.   For the rest he was he as not a rugby players ass,   Where did you get the Jake dropping story from?     

Still thinking Esterhuizen is a test standard player - dimness?    He is not and you could ask Erasmus why he was NOT in the WC squad in 2019,   

Stupid - how many kicks at goal did Morne missed in the Dunedin test?   7 out of 8 attempts - the score should never have been level,   Even the brainless Meyer dropped him after that fiasco,

Jul 07, 2020, 22:09

Mozart

I watched the game three time looking for the incident you described as follows:-

"Firstly Willie has the ball opposite Ford and slides outside him forcing the gap. Allende is outside him, marked by Farrell. As Willie looks to break free Farrell turns inside to help. That's the moment a smart, fast center would have gone outside Farrell and been in position for an offload.

Allende inexplicably tries to run through the gap Farrell has closed and finds himself blocked behind Farrell. So he slows down and trots behind the move. Willie looks to offload to his right where Allende should  be....nada....Kolbe who was on the touchline tries to get in position but he's  too far away for an offload. Chance lost. 

Secondly the Boks get the ball well inside the Pom 22....it goes to Allende with a pod of 3 forwards opposite him.....then a gap in the Pom defence to Underhill further away. A natural centre would have run outside  Itoje on the open  side of the pod....forcing Underhill to come in and exploited the resultant overlap. 

Or as an Alternative, he could  have shaped to offload in Itoje's tackle to Malherbe who was positioned in the gap. Instead Allende crash balls into the three forwards and the Pom defence reforms, opportunity gone. A center like Goodhue would have turned both of these situations into try scoring chances."

The way you describe the incident was total garbage - and totally imaginary anyway,   I liked at the incident from all angles and anybody coming up with that kind of imagination is a fool wise  after the fact.    

You need to Log in to reply.