Cheetas "bullying" the Bulls - Live match thread

Forum » Rugby » Cheetas "bullying" the Bulls - Live match thread

Oct 16, 2020, 19:50

The expansive game of the Cheetas is troubling the Bulls. 

It looks like traditional boring Bulls rugby, and Morne Steyn is looking bog average to poor. 

Oct 16, 2020, 23:43

White apparently contracted the wrong players for the Bulls - Morne Steyn us definitely a liability in any team he plays for,   

Oct 17, 2020, 00:14

If Morne Steyn gets no front football, there is no plan B. He stands too deep to take advantage of counter-attacking opportunities. 

Jake White needs to get a flyhalf to phase out Steyn.

Some of the younger players in the Bulls team will need to shape up, or shape out. Life can become difficult under Jake White if the results are not good.

Oct 17, 2020, 01:17

I don't even need to see the game to know this is wrong. Time and again I have been correcting these fallacies based on a perception of the game that doesn't exist. 

Oct 17, 2020, 08:05

One always wonder whether you ever look at games and then write drivel about it.    My comments were clear and precise,   Th Bulls struggled to beat the Griquas and now lost to the Cheetahs,    The Bulls are privately owned by Motsepe and Rupert - who owned 74,5% pf the Bulls shareholding and  they have appointed Brits to look after their rugby interests,   If the Bulls does not perform all hell is likely to break out for both the coach and the team and  White  would have to worry badly about his job coaching a losing team.   

The problem, in having  Morne at  flyhalf has been -

*  standing too deep in the pocket to serve effectively as a backline pivot'

*   nearly never attacking the gain line and taking contact;

*   aimless kicking thus losing ball possession; and 

*   putrid defense.

A hopeless flyhalf  with one attribute namely kicking  accurately at goal prescribes Morne;s total contribution to games and SB is 100% correct about his assessment,      Backline attacking rugby is not possible with a player like him. 

The above neutralize any backline and it is no wonder that Stade Francais used him for years as  their bench  flyhalf and when the Club fired Meyer as coach  in he same plain going back were two of Meyer's favored duds,  Alberts and Morne whom the Club sent packing  in mid-season.

The Lions realized that Alberts is useless and terminated his contract with them.   It is already clear that the next one to go  would be Morne.                   

Oct 17, 2020, 17:30

And ‘bullying’ resulted in a 19 to 17 win, which should have been a draw but for a fluffed conversion by Morne’s sub.

One can but laugh!

Oct 17, 2020, 19:28

Oct 17, 2020, 01:17

I don't even watch any game to know this is wrong. Time and again I have been correcting these fallacies based on a perception of the game that doesn't exist. 

--

Augie, did you play rugby in school?

Oct 17, 2020, 21:34

Now suddenly a loss is not important,   Don't pollute the Board by using  "Meyerisms" on site please.      

Oct 17, 2020, 22:19

The Bulls came back at the end of the game after lots of substitutes. The Cheetas totally dominated the first half, but were not as good in the second.

Morne leaving the pitch seemed to give the Bulls a second lease of life. 

The kick was from the touchline, which is a 50/50 kick, so not sure why it "should" have been scored. 

Oct 17, 2020, 22:21

Oct 19, 2020, 11:14

Poor old Jake can’t even coach a victory over the Cheetahs made up of all the SA leftovers

You need to Log in to reply.