Captain Calamity Shreuder to Leave Sharks@ 30

Forum » Rugby » Captain Calamity Shreuder to Leave Sharks@ 30

Jun 09, 2020, 00:03

A good player at Curry cup level, but never really materialised on the bigger stage despite looking like a promising junior. He appeared to have all the physical assets to play at test level, but never really had the mental maturity when he had less time. 

We wish him well on his next endeavour where ever it is that he goes. Must be an overseas deal, unless there has been a fall out behind the scenes.

Jun 09, 2020, 00:22

Disagree he was good. Had some really good moments and I can see why he was brought into the Bok set up.

He is far far better than the likes of Ross Cronje or Rudi Paige who both alarmingly player test rugby.

But saying that he is a tier below the likes of Faf, Reinach, Jantjies, Papier abs new boy Nohamba

He is on par with the likes of v Zyl and Groom

Jun 09, 2020, 05:05

Schreuder was the #2 9 in SA. Arguably better fundamentals than Faf. One of the few pure 9s we've produced over the past ten years. The rest are wings who can't pass, kick or tackle. 

Jun 09, 2020, 06:46

Oddly reminds me of Joost...not even nearly in the same class, but I see something in the body language...can't put my finger on it, but I think of Joost when I see him...

Jun 09, 2020, 07:14

Thank goodness!

A useless scrumhalf who very often couldn't even do the basics and who made more stupid on-field decisions than any other player I can think of.

This elevates the excellent Sanele Nohamba to the starting spot . . . where he should have been last season already.

You need to Log in to reply.