Boks B team for Lions

Forum » Rugby » Boks B team for Lions

Apr 09, 2021, 11:24

Random question, if all of our front lining boks were injured that finished the world cup final or our number 1 pick. Who would you rely on to fill the position. I'm not just talking about how good they are but do they have the right temperament and experience for test rugby, not just you guns but solid heads that can win a decider against the lions. 

My picks

Current / Replacement

15 -  Le Roux > Steyn / Fassi / Gellant / Kriel

14 - Kolbe > Nkosi 

13 - Am > Kriel / 

12 - De Allende > Esterhuizen

11 - Mpimpi > Leyds 

10 - Pollard > Janjties

09 - De Klerk > Reinach

08 - Vermeulen > Coetzee / Dan Du Preez

07 - PSDT > Jasper Wiese

06 - Kolisi > Van Staden

05 - Lood De Jager > Botha

04 - Etzebeth > RG Snyman

03 - Malherbe > Koch

02 -  Bongi > Marx / Akker

01 - Kitshoff > Nykane  / Du Toit

Apr 09, 2021, 18:01

My Bok side vs Lions would be:

15. Willie

14. Nkosi

13. Am

12. de Allende

11. Kolbe

10. Pollard

9. Faf

1. Kitshoff

2. Marx

3. Malherbe

4. Etzebeth

5. RG Snyman

6. Kolisi (c)

7. PSDT

8. Vermeulen

16. Mbonambi 17. Thomas du Toit 18. Nyakane 19. Lood 20. Dan du Preez 21. Jantjies 22. Willemse 23. Jessie Kriel

My Bok A side would be:

15. Fassi

14. Mapimpi

13. Janse v Rensburg

12. Serfontein

11. Gelant

10. Jantjies

9. Nohamba

1. Ox Nche

2. Aker vd Merwe

3. Wilco Louw

4. Jenkins

5. Ruben v Heerden

6. Kwagga

7. JL du Preez

8. Marcel Coetzee

16. Dweba 17. Pierre Schoeman 18. Sadie 19. vd Mecht 20. Jaco Coetzee 21.v Zyl 22. Bosch 23. Esterhuizen

Apr 10, 2021, 02:18

1. Schreuder as 9 replacement. Reinach is worse now than he was in 2014, which is saying something. 
  2. Switch Esterhuizen to 12 and look for another 12.
  3. Frans is talented enough to play anywhere aside from 9, but he was an average 15. Gelant is the best we have if Bosch can't cope physically at test level. 
  4. Dan d/P would be better at 7.
  5. Llyeds is an interesting one. Not sure. 
  6. Mapoe is our next best 13. Kriel has the hardware, but not the software. I've utterly given up on him. 

Apr 10, 2021, 09:53

Kindergarten Imbecile 

The first Rall family member  came to the then Cape Colony  in the 1770's  had a name Nothlling as a first name and his descendants settled in the Riversdale area where they became big farmers.   One of his descendants  with the name NOTHLING went to farm in wat is today Zimbabwe.   where his  nickname  became Know-Nothing.

I hope you are not a Rall - since you obviously Know-Nothing about Rugby and you specialize  in writing crap on this site,  . 

Apr 10, 2021, 09:56

Dave 

I in general agree with your team - but have serious reservations about Jantjies at 10.   He has been around and uses rarely with success in the Springbok team,   .         

Apr 11, 2021, 00:02

I don’t care if you have reservations about Jantjies , I’m a HUGE fan

He is by far our most creative 10, his ability to put players into space either with a pass or kick is second to none, as is his ability to seek out attacking opportunities

He does however lack the hard edge which is why he sits behind the very impressive Pollard

Apr 12, 2021, 01:44

The supposed "creative" 10s have one thing in common: crabbing. Jantjies likes to hold the ball, look out and move laterally telegraphing a pass. Instead of creating space, it compresses the back line into the touchline and allows the defence the initiative. Cooper did it, Lambie did it, so too Rose, Beale, Spencer, Goosen. The better 10s are more physical and pllay through the line. 

Apr 12, 2021, 07:00

I would rather have Jantjies as flyhalf than Morne - who never was a flyhalf and put in that position because he could  kick  \at goal.   In  all other aspects of the game Steyn was a total negative destroying backline play..   All the players you mentioned were ten times better fkyahlfs than Morne,    

Apr 12, 2021, 21:28

Omelette stop speaking utter horseshit

If Jantjies was doing what you say he is doing then his passes would not put players into space you ignorant prick

Telegraphed my arse - fuck you are seriously stupid

Apr 12, 2021, 21:37

Angles of running work at super rugby. The classic drag across the line and an angled run in from centre. Blindside wing coming in off the shoulder. It's amazing how many details elude you. Difference between seeing a game and watching game. Another matter altogether to analyse it. 

Apr 12, 2021, 21:57

We night as  well ask a three year-old  to  analyze a match,  The 3 year-old's report will be much better than yours,       

Apr 14, 2021, 15:40

Tbe only time I ever saw Morne play like  a creative flyhalf was last year in the Super Rugby  unlock for the bulls. 

That  said, he was a good  flyhalf back  in  2009 when we had an amazing backline with the likes, De Villiers, Habana, Fourie  Du Preez, Jacque fourie  and JP Pietersen. Not to mention  our pack. 

That was probably  our  best ever team. So   a player  like  Morne kan  very easily get  away. 

But when you have weaker players around you it  becomes  very hard. 

I thnk  JJanjties is solid, we probably  had to  much hope for him after the carlos spencer hype. He has  always  been very  weak  on defence and a channel often used for attack. That  said, I like his attitude and he is  a real team man. 

Will do   the job as our back up

Apr 14, 2021, 21:07

Morné is the best passing SA 10 of the past twenty years, easily. Every single SA 10 labelled "creative" floundered behind dominant packs and elite midfield and outside backs. 

Apr 15, 2021, 02:38

Morne has nothing on Jantjies when it comes to passing

Morne is easily the worst Bok 10 we have ever had

The guy has zero rugby talent other than goal kicking

The worst attacking flyhalf we have ever had and the biggest chicken shit on the planet when it comes to defence and manning up

Utterly useless rugby player - I take average 10’s like Koen, Hougaard, v Straaten and de Beer over Morne anyday

Apr 15, 2021, 03:25

What has Jantjies won....Morne won the Lions series. The record suggests if Jantjies had to make that kick he would have missed.

Apr 15, 2021, 09:14

You would Saffy, because you are a loser who backs losers. There must be something about the loser that resonates with you. 

Apr 15, 2021, 09:36

Ag  Foeitog 

Two imbeciles who really knows how to support losers selections  telling Dave he is a loser, when in reality he is  100% right about the Morne Steyn disaster,

I have watched  Steyn from his junior days and he has had all the deficiencies Dave  mentioned,   He was as a result once in 2012 and  twice in  2015,  If Meyer was  even a half-decent coach he would not have included him as a passenger in the disastrous 2015 WC squad./

I am not a Jantjies supporter 0 but if I had a flat  choice between Steyn and Jantjies  I wiuld oic Jantjies,   Enough said.        .   

Apr 15, 2021, 09:57

I am not stupid enough to define a player by his ability to kick for poles - Morne could kick but you could do nothing else. Utterly useless player who’s record as a Bok is poor

You are speaking crap re Jantjies as a goal kicker, I’m guessing his percentages are similar to useless Morne

Apr 15, 2021, 15:48

I wouldn't knock flyhalfs that have 90% kicking success. Don't forget that we lost the 1997 lions series due to 5 missed kicks in the second test and falling for a Matt Dawson Dummy. 

For any couch warriors, here is a perfect specimen of a 10 with 90% kick success

Cult hero Andy Goode has come out of rugby retirement | RugbyDump - Rugby  News & Videos

He actually retired and came back 3 months later. He admitted that he just didn't want to do pre-season training.

Apr 15, 2021, 17:49

I think Frans Steyn has the experience and should captain the Boks vs Lions.

Apr 15, 2021, 22:41

Chip you need to get back to chasing my mother - she misses you

May 09, 2021, 05:50

Most of us do not rate the Boks the best in the world I am afraid.

Fluke.

May 09, 2021, 10:25

It was no Fluke.

You need to Log in to reply.