Bok side v Italy

Forum » Rugby » Bok side v Italy

Nov 15, 2022, 14:31

So as predicted Willemse is retained at 10

Unfortunately we have the utterly useless Orie starting - fuck me seriously. Surely, surely it’s so damn obvious that Jenkins or Nortje are far far better options

15. Willie

14. Kolbe

13. de Allende

12. Esterhuizen

11. Arendse

10. Willemse

9. Faf

1. Ox

2. Mbonambi

3. Malherbe

4. Moerat

5. Orie

6. Kolisi

7. Mostert

8. Wiese

16. Marx 17. Kitshoff 18. Koch 19. Etzebeth 20. Kwagga 21. Roos 22. Reinach 23. Libbok

Nov 15, 2022, 14:52

Conservative team that is more scared of losing than winning

Nov 15, 2022, 15:01

Esterhuizen starting and Roos + Libbok on the bench, is atleast something Positive.

Nov 15, 2022, 15:06

What were they thinking selecting Marvellous Marvin and Moerat as a lock combo, the worst in the URC, these guys can't even catch a cold never mind catching a ball in the line out. 

Then, we have Ox and Bongi, so back to the same old tricks. 

Bomb Squad, 5-2 split again. 

If they play that then Willemse should have been on the bench. Don't mind Reinach as he is super quick and can cover wing and 9. 

Dud to 13, maybe for the better as his passing isn't that sharp. 

Hope Esterhuizen can translate his Prem form into the boks jersey, stamping his authority. 

But I guess our real 15 will be selected next weekend against England. 

Hope Manie gets more than 5 min this time, I would have started with him in this game. Willemse at 15 or on the bench. 

I would also have gone with Roos at 8 and move Wiese to 7, he is that dumb muscle you need from a 7. Give Roose more space of the back to break the line. 

Nov 15, 2022, 15:11

The only positive is including Esterhuizen

I don’t mind Moerat but can’t stand Orie

He and Andrews are by far the worst locks in SA

Nov 15, 2022, 15:53

What about Mostert, I watched that French game again, Mostert could never get over the advantage line and was weak when carrying the ball. Then also knocked it on several times. I would rather have Wiese or Roos at 7. 

Nov 15, 2022, 17:14

Esterhuizen will again be reduced to playing deep ball, being swamped by defenders. He never gets front foot ball, and has never been allowed to be a focal point. Erasmus will make a point of solidifying Damian, who really shouldn't be anywhere near 13. It's all a big mess right now. Despite the nonsense going on, the Boks will win comfortably. 

Nov 15, 2022, 19:21

Dave 

I am looking back at 20108 after Erasmus took over the coaching .   In 2018 he experiment with team selection and I believe he is experimenting with some players,  In the end a lot of so-called new players will fall off the wagon when it comes to the RC and WC, selections enxt6 year.

In the end some new players have shown promise - while some of the older players have been disappointing -eg Mostert and Fourie.            

Nov 15, 2022, 19:21

Dave 

I am looking back at 20108 after Erasmus took over the coaching .   In 2018 he experiment with team selection and I believe he is experimenting with some players,  In the end a lot of so-called new players will fall off the wagon when it comes to the RC and WC, selections enxt6 year.

In the end some new players have shown promise - while some of the older players have been disappointing -eg Mostert and Fourie.            

Nov 15, 2022, 20:55

Frustrating side selected the only good addition is Esterhuizen but this test should have been used to have a look at Libbok at 10 with Willemse at 12 and DA at 13

I would have gone with:

15. Willie

14. Kolbe

13. DA

12. Willemse

11. Zas

10. Libbok

9. Faf

1. Ox

2. Marx

3. Thomas du Toit

4. Moerat

5. Jenkins

6. Kwagga

7. JL du Preez

8. Roos

16. Dweba 17. Kitshoff 18. Malherbe 19. Etzebeth 20. Dan du Preez 21. Williams 22. Esterhuizen 23. Henco v Wyk

Nov 16, 2022, 14:04

IT has probably enough political acumen to know that trying too hard will be perceived negatively. They secured a marvelous win last week. Time for them to recede.

SA rugby nerves are rubbed enough to save them from a 0-3 disgrace.

Nov 16, 2022, 18:10

I think Libbok will come on in the first half to allow him the opportunity to get a fair bit of play time against Italy.

His first cap was earned with little play time last week.

If he is the only fit true fly-half we have available and if the plan is to use him in that position against England he best get as much play time as possible.

The locks are a surprise as I thought the "A" team locks should have been given a shot against Italy.

You need to Log in to reply.