Bitching and Whining Kiwis

Forum » Rugby » Bitching and Whining Kiwis

Sep 24, 2020, 10:44

I can't believe how arrogant NZ has become since this whole COVID thing has hit. 

First there was a question around Super Rugby. They were happy to go it alone and did have a really good local tournament over 10 weeks. 

But when there were talks that Aus would join them, they were quick to dismiss all of the Aus teams as they wanted to limit the amount of teams and only have an 8 team league rather than 10. 

However, they would still maintain 5 teams. Yes, they may have a point that the Aus teams aren't that strong. But I can also recall when some of the Kiwi teams were getting hammered. Namely the highlanders and blues who struggled for many years. 

We finally got a workable schedule for the rugby championship. I'm actually really looking forward to it and hopefully the SA players would have had enough game time to be competitive and get a couple of good results. 

But now because of NZ strick quarantine, the poor kiwis don't want to miss Christmas and now want to kick the schedule out. 

Come on, catch a bloody wakeup!!!

Sep 24, 2020, 11:42

Go north. SH rugby has been regressing for over a decade. It's not the best place to play rugby, and the logistics don't work. There was a time when Super rugby was considered equal to or harder than test rugby. No more. We don't need New Zealand, and we don't need Australia. Times are changing. 

Sep 25, 2020, 11:13

Go north and compete against sub-standard teams?   AO the fool at  his best,   He remains a total rugby idiot.  

Sep 25, 2020, 12:15

Indeed, can't wait for all our teams to be in Euro leagues.

Lekker rugby times ahead. 

Sep 25, 2020, 12:38

Yes, the weakest All Black side in years, the weakest Wallaby side in 45 years. Such quality. Kiwis have a n alarming decline in grassroots particpation in the sport and is lacking financial muscle. SH rugby, the "big 3", it's dead. If you want that, dust off your VHS. 

Sep 26, 2020, 11:00

One problem with playing up north are the seasons. Haven't heard much about that issue. 

Personally I hate the way our teams are decimated each year by departures overseas of top players. Eventually one throws up ones hands. 

Playing up North could solve the player exodus problem. 

Sep 27, 2020, 05:19

Aug, shouldn’t you wait until this AB “weakest side in years” actually plays a game or 2 before shooting your gob off??

Sep 29, 2020, 10:35

No need. 

You need to Log in to reply.