Beast retires at the top

Forum » Rugby » Beast retires at the top

Nov 06, 2019, 17:11

The great man has announced his retirement. Great player who has been unbelievably local to the Sharks

I’m sure NH clubs have been chasing him for years but he has stayed local to the Sharks as SA

Respect to a legend

Thanks Beast - we will miss those cries of ‘Beast’

Nov 06, 2019, 17:36

Never a truer word written by Dave.   A great player and as Dave said a model of loyalty and modesty for all people to emulate.  

I expected his retirement - he is already 33 years old and has had some heart related problems a few years ago.   Did not expect him to continue playing.   Should be employed by SARU to develop rugby on a wider basis.   If that does not happen he will probably join Remgro to do that same job.      . 

Nov 06, 2019, 17:40

Darn, I was hoping he would play another season or two. Forgot about the issues with his heart. Was hoping he could cash in in Europe for a season or two...not to be.

Nov 07, 2019, 01:16

We have been blessed with two of the best props in the modern era. Os also retired at the top of his game, just after the 07 RWC.

Thank you Beast. What a legend. What a representative. What a player. What a human being.

Nov 07, 2019, 02:49

Looks like he has done well commercially as well. 

Denny posted a picture of his house in Umhlanga Durban. So he probably does not need his overseas pension plan. Good to see he has been rewarded for being in SA for so long, and he should be given how good he has been.

Nov 07, 2019, 03:28

"Denny posted a picture of his house in Umhlanga Durban."

Sure about that, I'm not, you must have me confused with some else:ermm:

Nov 07, 2019, 03:43

Actually Denny, it was BlobBok

Nov 07, 2019, 04:04

Only for the very rich I am afraid.  :D:D:D  

You need to Log in to reply.