Augustus

Forum » Rugby » Augustus

Oct 17, 2020, 19:39

Caesar Augustus appears to be the new Duane Vermuelen. Not as good, but a like for like replacement. A good ball carrier and competes well at the breakdown. 

He could potentially work on his conditioning if he wants more pace- as he is looking like a hybrid prop loose forward. Augustus gave up on the last chase near the end when the try was knocked on by Tristan Lleyds, and looked really tired. 

Oct 19, 2020, 13:58

I do not think any of the players are back to top fitness and ball skills yet.  So would like to see how Augustus develops.  

Oct 19, 2020, 15:22

I like Augustus but I prefer Marcel Coetzee, Dan du Preez, Jaco Coetzee and Notshe

Oct 19, 2020, 15:33

Well, he was awarded world u20 player of the year. So there has be something. But then again, doesn't give him an automatic pass. 

Have to agree with Saffex, Coetzee has been the better player at WP

Oct 19, 2020, 17:23

Who the fuck is Caesar?

Juarno Marc-quin Aurustus is the name and he's a Bok in the making.

He does need to up his work rate. But boy he is unstoppable at close quarters.

I've been watching him since his baby bok days. In a single moment, he could turn the game on its head.

Oct 19, 2020, 18:29

Awgoostus.....two years ago Wanker was telling us he’s the future. Now he has to see how Awgoostus develops. Hahaha!

Oct 19, 2020, 19:45

Wanker was and is always right about players,    Unlike you I have no prejudices and assess players on the basis of real performances,    Anyway Augustus was exceptional in the Under20 WC and I said at the time he could develop further in future.   Have not seen much since then - but the player had injury problems, so lets wait and see wat happens/.  .      

Oct 20, 2020, 04:10

Jun 18, 2017, 23:35

Named u20 world rugby championship player of the tournament, looks a frightening talent, 6ft 2, 115kg, can offload, makes metres

Hope he goes on to fulfil his potential

Jun 19, 2017, 02:22

That guy is frightening when it comes to 8's.   I think he would very soon becomes a legend in Springbok rugby,   That is the type of loosie we really are looking for

Oct 20, 2020, 04:13

So back in  2017 you were saying that he would very soon be a legend of Bok rugby....so much for ‘he could develop further in the future’.

Wanker you are a compulsive liar.

Oct 20, 2020, 06:00

I never said that and don't  try and make out that  I write on site as was the case with Vermeulen - I know it is hard for you not to lie - bit effort would help to be honest on site.   In the case of youngsters I write about potential and it depends on youngsters to live up to that potential. 

As a drama queen  you refer to Swiel  -  which I also mentioned and wrote about in the same vein,  Swiel was in the bench in Saturday for WP and was almost as putrid as Steyn was in the Bulls  Cheetahs game,   He did not develop further and was a real disappointment as a player ever since refusing selection to the Under 20 SA World Cup team and going to play rugby in England.            

Oct 20, 2020, 06:05

Oh but you did say it Wanker....I have just refreshed the string where you did. Enjoy!

Oct 20, 2020, 06:30

What did I say about Vermeulen?   I said clearly what I did wrote and the quotes you made confirm it,    I never really referred to his performances on the field if play - rather about his  attitude in 2018.   However, you never found any support for your wild claim that I was maligning  Vermeulen for years the way you carry in about your pet hate players.  

You need to Log in to reply.