ABs vs Oz

Forum » Rugby » ABs vs Oz

Oct 11, 2020, 17:42

Anybody watch this thing....sounds like it was wild. Apparently the ABs had to make more tackles.....the old model seems to be breaking down.

From the Boks point of view the fact that the competition is playing meaningful, test level rugby underscores White’s point that the RC is going to be tough.

Oct 11, 2020, 19:11

It was quite poor. 

Oct 12, 2020, 08:00

I was watching only part of the game and what I have seen indicated problems at present and in future for the AB's - I gave my comments on that elsewhere,   

By the way White's Bull team struggled to beat the Griquas on Saturday - so to die not look good for now.     I would rather have Erasmus's opinion on rugby issues than that of White,

Oct 12, 2020, 15:43

Rassie? He'll hit Naber with a text asking for an response for you. José Middle-Man Erasmus. :D

Oct 12, 2020, 16:26

NZ were awarded a try that should not have stood....Savea, I believe it was, put his foot clearly into touch but the try was given. 

They also should have been penalised in extra time at the end of the match, right in front of the posts. They weren’t and the game ended in a draw. 

Oct 12, 2020, 17:15

Much like the 2011 WC, where rightful champions France, should have been awarded any one of two penalties at the death. 

Oct 12, 2020, 17:18

CM pleased to see that you are back.

Oct 12, 2020, 18:21

Biggest mistake the AB’s ever made was not appointing Scott as their coach

Oz with new coach and new team look on the up

Oct 12, 2020, 23:22

Unfortunately Rugby finds itself in this position all too often. The outcome of this match has ultimately been decided not by the merits of the players but by the abilities of the man with the whistle (and his assistants).

Oct 13, 2020, 00:37

Watching the game....dubious penalty for holding on against Oz a metre out.....I doubt the player was released in the tackle.

Savea playing at number8 showing  why he  is the best blindsider extant with his tackle busting runs

Oct 13, 2020, 01:06

Savea made little impression

Biggest fuck up was Ione diving for the try only to lose his grip on the ball

Will these players never learn - showboating costs

Oct 13, 2020, 04:58

Ardie Savea 9 runs 45metres....5 defenders beaten. Numbers Dud Toit can only dream about. When last did Dud beat 5 tackles....would you believe never?

A SaveaN8059450510

Oct 13, 2020, 06:02

Cane missing White off the side of the scrum was reminiscent of the Welsh try in the WC semis, but at least unlike Dud Cane got back to  make the tackle.

Oct 13, 2020, 06:15

The Ioane non try was a major screw up by the centre but  he did back up the break.....if that was Dud Allende he would never have made the effort to catch up with Mo’unga’s break and even if he did, he would have been lost for pace.

Oz should be way up at the half.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:49

Well let’s see Savea was playing 8 not blindside, Cane was playing openside not blindside. PSDT is the best blindside in the game just like de Allende is the best 12 in the game right now

Savea is small and operates in space whereas PSDT is physical and mostly operates in traffic. It’s not his job to beat defenders, his role is to impose himself physically which he does brilliantly and why he was named world player of the year.

You don’t get that accolade doing nothing all year

Oct 13, 2020, 11:26

I have to agree with Saffex, not all loosies should be judged on meters alone. Also, any good coach would tell you not to run away from your support. What is the point streaking 20 m down the field only to go into to touch, tackled or being turned over. 

PSDT covers a lot of ground, makes a lot of tackles and draws in a lot of defenders which in return creates space. 

We use to criticise Alberts too, but some players are there to do a job and play what the coach has asked. 

I can't believe some on here are criticising our world player of the year!!

Oct 13, 2020, 11:45

Steph is a poor defender, poor reader of play, slow and stodgy carrier and has average hands by lock standards (which is what he is). Not a world class player, not a great test player. 17th ranked flank in Super rugby 2019. Averaged 1.7m per stodgy carry contributing to Stormers and Bok dreary and predictable phase play. 

Oct 13, 2020, 12:03

This arrogant twat believes he is right and the rest of the world are wrong

Too stupid to comprehend that 1.7m per carry in contact by a physical blindside is very good and that making more tackles than most is a massive plus

Best of all this fucking prick does not even realise how much he embarrasses himself every time he contributes on here.

It’s sooooo predictable. We say it’s green he says it’s blue. It’s one thing aspiring to be different but it’s another making a fool of yourself each time

But please don’t let us stop you

We are number one in the game, we are RC champs and WC champs and moved from 7 to 1 within 2 years with a bunch of useless players and an utterly useless coach - case closed in Aug’s world - fuck me, having to endure the shit going on in your head on a daily basis must be excruciatingly painful

I would say I feel for you but I don’t - you bore me to death with your negativity.

Here is a suggestion - go support another side

Oct 13, 2020, 15:43

Agree....the man is a process tackler. Energetic....yes. Skilled no. He is too clumsy and slow off the mark to play flank. You used to believe that Dave, but changed your mind based on 2 games where the Bok pack was dominant.

I take your point Corn....but as the designated ball carrier if you can’t make open metres, you have to be able to break tackles like Alberts....or offload  like Schalk did late in his career.

Stephanie does neither....he is a 1 metre per run dead end,

Oct 13, 2020, 19:28

Moz there is no doubt PSDT is a lock doing a great job at 7 and I fully understand why we are playing him at 7 as it makes perfect sense wanting him on the field at the same time as Etzebeth and Lood or RG.

PSDT operates in heavy traffic which is not where you want to be effecting offloads.

Alberts was never an offloader and Schalk only perfected the art late as you say but that was operating at openside or at 8, where he would have been operating in more space than a blindside

You don’t appreciate PSDT role at all. It’s not his job to attack space and offload, his job is to target contact in heavy traffic with a view to drawing defenders in and setting up the next phase.

You keep comparing him to open field operators like Savea and never compare him to other blindsides in the game for the simple reason these current blindsides don’t run around breaking tackles and operating in space

Oct 13, 2020, 21:03

Dave look at the turnover Savea produced after the Hodge kick hit  the poles.....brilliant game saving stuff. I prefer that to plodding energy. So Savea and  Matera  are blindsides in the RC who can break tackles....we need a ball carrier, not a  recycler.

Dud needs to play lock, especially now as he closes in on 30....but to me he is about our third best number 5.

Oct 13, 2020, 23:00

Disagree, PSDT is a far better blindside than Savea has ever been for the simple reason Savea with 6 on his back is never going to play like a blindside but always as an openside or 8.

You need balance in your trio - your perfect 6 would be the smallest of the three, a good linking player and very good over the ball. Your 7 needs to be another lock but more athletic, the biggest of the three. The perfect 7 would be a bruiser, an enforcer both with ball in hand and defence. Your 8 needs be a combination of your 6 and 7 - somewhere in the middle - both physical and athletic.

Matera is up there with PSDT, rate him highly as I do Jacques du Plessis and JL du Preez, both unfortunately not featuring at the highest level

Oct 13, 2020, 23:06

Matera "up there"? Matera is several levels above Steph. We could only dream of a player like him in our back row. Steph would never make it playing for Los Pumas. 

Oct 14, 2020, 00:36

Shut up you ignorant prick

PSDT is world player of the year

Case closed

Oct 14, 2020, 01:00

17th best flank if 2019. 1.7m per carry, taking 28th of all SA ball carriers for the 2019 season, has high missed tackle rate, has exceedingly poor distribution rate, routinely flubs defence in the interior - which alarmingly doesn't show up in stats, which makes his high miss rate even worse. Ja boet, case closed :D

Oct 14, 2020, 10:11

AO 

Are you the bottom of the class when it comes to knowledge of rugby - I am sure you are.   I asked you amongst others a simple question - which in your dislike of Erasmus you totally ignore.

You apparently admire Meyer and spoke highly of Coetzee - but after them coaching the Boks  both of them were fired for gross incompetence by the  NH Clubs they coached,   Please explain how two coaches who flopped on club level will be acceptable as coaches of the Springboks.   I am really looking forward to your explanation on that issue - we are a bit shoirt of humor on site and that would be a really laughable one.    

Mozart

You indeed are a nutcase too.   Knowledge of rugby is not your strong point.   You attacked Du Toit a number of times for being on the outside and getting the ball in the wing position - but when Savea does exactly that - you praise him for his bsll carries in that case.

Let me give you a bit of advice too - village idiot.   The AB's are struggling up front and I would rather play Ioane ahead of Savea at 8.   Hansen who knows a lot more about rugby at one stage used Savea very sparingly - amongst others because his contribution to forward play is seemingly not what it should be - he is way to often doing what Matfield specialized in - standing around in the backline for spectacular carries - and that will count against him as a loosie. 

I still think Savea's  best position is at openside flank anyway,     He is a light weight 6'2' (1,88) player where you used to prefer  to the slow and very heavy Alberts as a loosie,   What happened here now?  Is it your desperation to try and  use Savea in your continuous attacks on Du Toit  as an example?     I still prefer Akira Ioane at 8.    .             

,  .      

Oct 14, 2020, 15:07

Wanker.....prove Hansen used Savea sparingly.

Oct 14, 2020, 18:19

Hansem did not constantly use Savea when  Read and Cane was available and he rarely used him as blindsider as well and  seemingly prefer stronger and bigger loosies to strengthen  th,e forwards,   What about the rest of what I wrote to deal with your drivel   

Up to 2018 Hansen used  Savea selected SA for the AB squads  abd ge okayed as follows:-

Start  - 15 tests

Bench  - 26 tesis

It was only in 2019 that Savea started in all bar one test.   

Get the mesaage non- thinker.   

Oct 14, 2020, 20:49

So Wanker when Savea was young....he played off the bench. Gosh.

Here’s Stephanie and Savea. Stephanie has more time as a starter, but the ABs had more established loosies than the Boks. And Dud certainly spent a lot of time on the bench vs say Schalk. 

More to the point Savea has already almost doubled Dud’s tries and has a much better win ratio, even by the ABs high standards.Dud has the opposite effect on the team with a particularly poor win ratio by Bok standards.

Savea:
SpanMatStartSubPtsTriesConvPensDropWonLostDraw%
All Tests2016-2020452025459000367282.

Stephanie:
SpanMatStartSubPtsTriesConvPensDropWonLostDraw%
All Tests2013-20195535202550003022357.27

Oct 15, 2020, 09:18

I am not interested in your stats at all -  because they do not tell the full story.   Up to 2019 Savea only started in tests -

*   when other AB's such as Read, Cane and other loosies has injuries, had injuries; and

*   when the AB's played tests against minor teams.

In 2019 Savea played in all tests - but the AB forward pack was weakened by him being in the team.   His contribution to line out play, ball protection and recovery and similar activities expected from a loosie is and never was up to standard.   Get that into your thick skull please.     

The problem is that the light weight Savea is a loosie that is not really top class in forward play and more playing outside of that - in other words he is playing a completely different game to Du Toit who  is a contributing forward and tight 5 player s well.   You are therefore too stupid to realize the difference and concentrate only on ball carries.

In any event Savea played for the All Blacks and they were the top team in the world since 2011 coached by a top coach - Du Toit played for he Springboks - up to 2018 coached by two duds who were fired by their clubs for gross incompetence so your comments again showed gross stupidity,.   Meyer and Coetzee even managed to lose games against Japan and Italy = remember that,   If you rave about test tries scored - look against which teams  Savea scored the majorit iof hius tries and you will find Fiji, Samoa, Japan. Italy et al amongst those.  

Savea is a good player - but lacks in some respects as to what is expected from a loosie,    So wake up to facts for a change stooge.    That is what the 8 experts saw when considering him for the player of the year award in 2019 as well - but then you believe that they are fools considering your ravings about the issue.     

You need to Log in to reply.