Rankng of Tennis Players

Forum » Other Sports » Rankng of Tennis Players

Aug 06, 2021, 18:21

The ATP and WTP decided in the beginning of 2020 that the normal ranking system will be suspended  due to the Covid pandemic and that players will not lose points when they did worse than what they did before in the same tournament.   Technically it protected especially the rankings of Djokovic, Nadal and Federer in the rankings.

The main problem is that the ranking system determines who should play in one of the main tournaments at the end of each year.   After reviewing the decision in April the ATP and WTP ruled  that as from 1 August 2021 the old ranking system would apply for seeding of players in tournaments and for  the EOYT:-

In terms of the above  the revised rankings are as follows:-

1     Novak Djokovic

2     Stephanos Tsitsipas

3     Matteo Berrettini

4     Andrey Rublev

5     Alexander Sverev

6     Danill Medvedev

7     Rafael Nadal

8     Casper Ruud

9     Hubert Hurkacz

10   Aslan Karatsev 

Djokovic  gained 7 500 points from the three Major tournaments he won and lost points due to flops in other tournaments.

Nadal is on thin ice and may easily be out of the top 10 rankings soon unless he starts to win more tournaments - the Washington Tournament was supposed to assist him in the rankings - but losing in the third round did not help him.   a Number of players can still overtake him sooner rather than later.        

Aug 06, 2021, 22:50

‘Etzebeth gained 7 500 points from the three Major tournaments he won and lost points due to flops in other tournaments.’

Amazing Etzebeth is out there  between Lions matches winning tournaments. I guess it’s his smashing overhead to the forehead that does the trick.

But there are complaints about the Duds, Allende, Toit and Jager. Apparently fans feel their rooted at the baseline game makes tennis boring. Although to be fair Dud Toit is frequently seen patrolling the left tram lines  and Dud Jager is still suffering from the shoulder injury sustained when he was splattered by Vunipola.

Allende’s main problem appears to be with numbers, they have to tell him when he’s lost.

Other issues have occurred Malherbe’s belly flopping over the net for example and Faf’s over deployment of the lob.

But the players are optimistic apparently Erasmus is coming out with  a video demonstrating the sheer bias of Cyclops….one eyed bastard of a computer that he is.

Aug 06, 2021, 22:50

Etzebeth gained 7 500 points from the three Major tournaments he won and lost points due to flops in other tournaments.

Unless I'm missing something here, I was not aware of Eben starring in tennis, unless of course there is an Etzebeth that I'm not aware of that is a tennis player.:D

Aug 06, 2021, 23:22

No I did start the sentence with Etzebeth - must have been dilly - obviously meant Djokovic

Mozart obviously made hay of his opportunity to write shit on site - funny though, he is too prejudiced tone has to ;laugh .   LMAO.   

You need to Log in to reply.