Mozart - the future no 1 player in the world : Carlos Alcaraz

Forum » Other Sports » Mozart - the future no 1 player in the world : Carlos Alcaraz

Sep 04, 2021, 01:35

The other day you were writing about Rune as an 18 year and how he had rallies with Djokovic as a future star,   After much talk you said I wrote a number of  players - you wrote about 1.   I then gave you the name of another 18 year old player - CARLOS ALCARAZ.

Anyway i today saw  the best tennis match I have ever seen - the one between Tsitsipas and Alcaraz I have ever seen and so did the commentator said as well.    Carlos let Tsitsipas 4-0 in the first set after breaking service twice.   He then went on to win the set 6-3.   Carlos went off the boil a bit in the second set and Tsitsipas won it rather easily.

Then came the astonishing third set.   Tsitsipas was leading 5-2 in the set after breaking Carlos's second service twice.   Carlos recovered form and won four sets in a row breaking Tsitsipas  twice.  He won the resultant tie-breaker - really unbelievable.   I have never seen a player having broke the service twice of an opponent and the opponent came back - boroke service twice and in the end won the set.

Set 4 - Carlos seems to have some trouble and a medical call out took place.   There were no service breaks in the fifth set and the match went to a tie-break.   Caros won the breaker 7-5 - his guy is real at all?    He has now won entry to Round 4 of a major tournament - the only player won player has achieved this the past 25 years and that was Michael Chang.    So does this youngster has he promise to be a tennis great better than Federer, Nadal and Djokovic ever was,   

If you have not watched the game - watch it - it was really worthwhile to see. 

Sep 04, 2021, 03:10

I was playing a golf match against two 30 year old kids, one of whom was a plus one handicap. ….I had my hands full. My old partner and I lost on the last hole. So no, I never saw the match. I’m sure I’ll see replays.

You need to Log in to reply.