Holger, Vitus, Nodskov Rune

Forum » Other Sports » Holger, Vitus, Nodskov Rune

Sep 01, 2021, 15:39

The kid has some game and all other things being equal looks like a star in the making. Clearly he is highly competitive, bordering on disrespectful at times. He also has a mother who looks like a real piece of work, something many emerging players have benefitted from and eventually discarded. 

He stayed in the ground shot rallies with Novak extremely well and has a huge flat forehand. For a young gun his serving speed was a little disappointing…but his action looks fine.

My main reservations are his name and the cramping. The name is a doozy…spellcheck keeps trying to change it to Bolger…..but I can live with that. Nodskov seems like a name too far and spellcheck agrees. Can anybody with a Nodskov handle be taken seriously?

But the concern has to be the incredible cramping….was it just nerves? It wasn’t that humid in NY. For a young player to be cramping that badly seemed very unusual.

Sep 01, 2021, 16:55

Mozart

When you look at the younger generation players like you did above - you are not really comparing them with players like Tsitsipas, Sverev, Rublev, Ruud, Shapovalov, Alcaraz and Sinner  were at their age - the latter were streets ahead of where  the guys are you mentioned  and are already in the Top 10 rankings or rapidly approaching it. 

A to cramping - maybe it is because of  the fact hat they really do not know what cause the cramping in tennis players - but it may also have to do with the fact that younger players do a lot more running in the game than the previous generations did or even  relating tt dietary differences.     

Sep 01, 2021, 17:13

At 18 I don’t care what he or any of the names you mentioned have done. I’m more interested in their inherent ability to compete….and Rune was able to stay in 10  ground shot rallies with Novak. Some of the names you mentioned like Shapalov could do that at 18, most couldn’t.

Sep 01, 2021, 19:43

They all could and Alcazar is ten times better than any of the names you mentioned.     Those players re just out of the Challenger circuit and will have to prove a lot on higher level before they can make a real impact.        

Sep 02, 2021, 01:12

I only mentioned one name….you provided a list.

Sep 02, 2021, 06:49

OK  - You mentioned one name Rune  - you wart one name  and I will give you one name - Carlos Alcazar.

You need to Log in to reply.