Dimitrov does tennis a favor

Forum » Other Sports » Dimitrov does tennis a favor

Oct 14, 2021, 04:20

The prospect of Medvedev tennis is a gloomy one. Long boring rallies with no natural aggressor, no net game….just cautious ground shot after ground shot. Thankfully Dimitrov, often a bridesmaid sent the Russian packing.

Djokovic remains the number one player in tennis and this result shows why….the number one player doesn’t get so easily fleeced. 

Tennis desperately needs the next Connors, Borg, McEnroe, Edberg, Sampras, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic. None of the current men’s rising stars fit that bill.

Oct 14, 2021, 07:39

The Bulgarian is playing really well and could easily go all the way to take it.

On the otherhand Medvedev has not taken a break and over extended himself. That's not wise.

"World No. 2 Medvedev did not take a break after his emotional US Open victory and said his busy schedule may have finally caught up to him.

"I did feel exhausted in this tournament. Now I can say it. I couldn't say it before my matches. There are a few physical things that have come up," said Medvedev, who is hoping to eventually overtake Novak Djokovic for number one in the world."

Oct 14, 2021, 18:47

He probably was tired, but there’s a technical tennis term which covers this loss. When you are a set and 2 breaks up to win the match and lose, it’s called choking.

Medvedev is a competent but desperately boring tennis player. He ‘grinds out’ his wins but in the process grinds a bit off himself. With that style a long career doesn’t look assured.

You need to Log in to reply.