DA - Gaethje on Rogan 6/10

Forum » Other Sports » DA - Gaethje on Rogan 6/10

May 28, 2020, 09:09

DA...Gaethje was on Rogan.

Holy shit...CTE city!

That guy isn't lekker anymore. Loses track of sentences halfway through.

Not good.

Seems pretty confident that he'll take out both Conner or Khabib.

He doesn't sound even a tiny bit scared of Khabib and says he would love to shut Connor up...which I would pay good money to see. I can't stand that little tosser.

May 28, 2020, 12:25

This is one of those sports disciplines that I have no interest in for some reason. Both my sons are diehard fans though, so I get to see quite a bit of it when we are together. Even my wife watches. 

We were all heavily involved in wrestling and my eldest did a bit of judo as well. Both the boys were provincial wrestling champions, so it’s easy to see where the interest in UFC comes from. 

Whenever I do watch, I really enjoy it because it can really be spectacular. I just cannot get enough of an interest to get into the fine detail of who are the big contenders and the big “characters”. I will have a look at the interview though, to see what you’re talking about. 

Especially since, I like Joe and it is Joe’s actual claim to forte, apart from his stand-up work and Survivor series. 

May 28, 2020, 17:08

Shot Plum

I saw it just after it came out last night.... I got the exact same read on him that you did

He does not have the slightest bit of uncertainty on how and when he beats both Khabib and Conner, and I saw he also said he wanted Poirier..

Three hugely difficult fights for anyone, and he does not seem fazed at all about any of them.

I see Usman has also called out Conner by offering him a title shot, and he says that conner has gone into hiding.. lol

People reckon that Usman, in person, is an absolute beast of a guy, and Joe also referred to that when chatting to Justin.... and I see that Gaethje mentioned he sparred with Usman for the Tony fight..

Don't miss the Woodley vs Burns fight this weekend.... should be a cracker of note.... two huge come forward heavy bangers

May 28, 2020, 17:11

Cera, watch the Gaethje vs Ferguson fight that happened recently

The sound of those punches and the punishment etched out, was something unreal...…

One of the most captivating fights I have ever seen, and more so because there was no crowd

May 28, 2020, 18:44

DA,

I’m sure one of my sons will gently “force” it on me at some stage. I’m not totally against UFC. I’m just busy getting into my “newly discovered" sport, for luck of a better description. I’m getting into NFL. 

I’ve gotten to a stage where I have at least decided on a team to support. The Tampa Buccs. 

May 29, 2020, 10:53

DA,

I'll be watching this weekend.

Getting back into the UFC again, after an absence of about six years.

Also, i feel obliged to support them considering how they've championed the fightback against this no sport nonsense.

Now I see Connor is saying he'll fight Silva? 

May 29, 2020, 10:58

"I’m getting into NFL"

Hell yeah, Cera.

Just a pity that the coverage isn't the same as in the US. Some pretty awesome interactive options are available there.  

May 29, 2020, 12:20

"Also, i feel obliged to support them considering how they've championed the fightback against this no sport nonsense."

Yep, agreed Plum, I see even Trump endorsed it by wishing them the best of luck before the Gaethje fight

"Now I see Connor is saying he'll fight Silva?" 

Yeah, he said " I accept" almost immediately

Siva actually called for the fight which I found quite interesting.... I wonder if he needs the money, because that is a major money fight

May 30, 2020, 10:24

Long night tonight, DA.

Dragon Crew launch and UFC.

Elon + Dana > Bezos + Gates

:D

Jun 07, 2020, 11:33

Gaethje broke onto the scene by being a really good wrestler, he then learned how to strike and that is almost all he does now. Unfortunately, in his first few MMA bouts he seemed determined to rely on his extraordinary chin, by allowing his apponents to punch him over and over and over again in the head, until they were exhausted, and then he'd try finish them. In one of his interviews he even said he only had a few more fights in him, because his fighting style was not sustainab due to the damage he took, so he needed to make his money fast. Those weren't his exact words, but that was the point he was making. His fight with Ferguson showed him using technical striking and defense, but the damage has already been done. 

Anyway, in his relatively short time with the UFC he has definitely gotten punch drunk. 

Jul 10, 2020, 08:14

Usman vs Masvidal this weekend…. after Burns pulled out after confirming he just got Covid-19

This should be one epic fight

Jul 10, 2020, 08:19

I saw Porier saying that Masvidal has been training throughout, will have tons of gas and is looking sharp too.

Who you got as favorite? Usman?

Jul 10, 2020, 08:22

"Who you got as favorite? Usman?"

Have to Plum

Usman is a beast man.....

Masvidal is no walk over, make no mistake..... it's just that Usman is a massive welterweight and I rate him very highly

Jul 10, 2020, 09:05

The bookies agree with you. 

I'll be checking it out for sure.

No doubt Connor will come out of retirement on Sunday morning haha

Jul 10, 2020, 09:18

"No doubt Connor will come out of retirement on Sunday morning haha"

LMAO, so true hey

FYI.....there is talk that Connor has bulked up to Middleweight during this "time of retirement"

Jul 10, 2020, 09:43

That puts him near Izzy.

Haha I don't like him but I like Connor a lot less.

Jul 10, 2020, 09:49

Yep, who knows what the future holds...

Can't wait for Izzy vs Costa

Nevermind Izzy vs Jones...

I'm also not a massive Izzy fan.... and Connor has lost my respect with all his out the cage shit... especially punching that old man in the pub, because he would not taste his Whiskey.... smashing the one guys phone for taking a pic etc etc

Jul 10, 2020, 12:59

Costa is the next superstar in my limited opinion. Guy has a looks for big advertising money too. 

Pretty boy wat hard kan bliksim haha

Must say, I found the Izzy vs Silva pseudo kung fu matchup a bit cringey.

Jul 10, 2020, 14:30

"Costa is the next superstar in my limited opinion. Guy has a looks for big advertising money too"

Fully

Built like a brick shithouse..... although that does not necessarily mean much in MMA

I rate him very highly..... got the power, the techniques, the build, the looks... still unbeaten

Perfect for the UFC

Jul 11, 2020, 10:31

So where to once Usman shuts up "street Jesus"?

I re-watched Nate v Masvidal last night. Nick and Nate are still two of my favorites.

"I'm not impressed by your performance," from GSP, is probably the best quote ever from the UFC.

And for me, in a very close second place is, "Stockton...bitch!"

I like the Dias bros because they behave like real warriors. Connor may be more skillful, but he's not tougher and you certainly won't find either Nick or Nate picking on people outside of the cage.

They need to get over their beef with Joe because a JRE featuring them would be brilliant.

Off topic, sorry.

Let's hope for a KO in this fight.

I can't see either of them gassing.

My prediction is that Masvidal's only chance of a win is freaky 1st round KO. Anything after the first round goes to Usman via TKO.

My fight predictions are always way off. So expect the opposite haha

Jul 13, 2020, 08:43

Not the best of fights, but still very entertaining

If some of those bombs from Masvidal had landed, it would have made things very interesting

Usman is just so strong, in the clinch, and on the ground.....

A very interesting Usman story I recently came across.....

This fight was only the 2nd time that Usman has featured in a PPV fight.... something which Masvidal made fun of, many times over about Usman.... in the lead up to them fighting each other.... in fact it created some seriously bad blood between them

The real reason behind Usman not fighting on PPV however, says so much about the man himself

Usman personally requested the UFC to not put him in PPV fights, and rather schedule him on fights that were covered by Cable news.... so that his dad, who was in prison for many years, could watch his son fight.

Usman heard from the prison that the prison would not pay for the PPV fights to be televised, so he refused to fight on PPV and opted for cable fights, just so that his dad could watch him fight

Usman's dad was released from prison at the beginning of this year, hence why he has now been fighting on PPV two times already this year

100% true story

Jul 13, 2020, 08:44

"I like the Dias bros because they behave like real warriors"

You and me both...….

Imagine meeting both in a dark alley, LOL

Jul 13, 2020, 10:15

No surprises there then, DA.

I didn't know that about Usman. Pretty cool. I bet he hopes his dad stays out of trouble haha

It makes one realise what a good fighter GSP was. He grappled people, took them down at will AND could strike. 

Not a Connor fan, but with the dominance of grappling in the sport, one could be forgiven for appreciating him. The grapplers just fake you out for a round or two and then move in once you're operating at 75%. It's a tried and tested route to the top.

For me, against the really elite grapplers, you're better off coming out guns blazing from the off. Early damage being key. Chances of having the stamina to drop a wrestler, after round two, drop massively and keeps dropping in later rounds. 

Masvidal has gone the distance a lot. I think at least half his results are decisions. He knows how close some of those were. Wonder if he thought he was gonna get a decision victory against Usman?

What a beast Yan is!!!??? I think Aldo may want to retire after that hahaha

Jul 13, 2020, 12:13

"Chances of having the stamina to drop a wrestler, after round two, drop massively and keeps dropping in later rounds"

Fully agree here... bang up front and take your chances, because the longer it goes, so do your chances of winning

What a beast Yan is!!!???

Holy shit, what a fight..... Aldo was taken completely apart, and that ref gave him every available opportunity to save himself.... in fact he took too long in my opinion, but being the ex champion I do understand why he let it carry on.

I also think that Holloway was robbed..... it was a close fight, but I think Holloway deserved the win

You need to Log in to reply.