Solskjaer sack ‘glacial’ amid Man Utd ‘mismanagement’

Forum » Official Blog » Solskjaer sack ‘glacial’ amid Man Utd ‘mismanagement’

Nov 19, 2021, 11:38

Manchester United are in the ‘process’ of replacing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but it’s proving to be rather a slow process…

A report on Wednesday claimed the United bosses had accepted the need to find a new manager.

Manchester Evening News reporter Samuel Luckhurst said that ‘United have privately decided a change of manager will be required following the morale-crushing defeats to Liverpool and Manchester City.’

That report claimed Rodgers is understood to be their ‘preferred candidate’ but ‘it is still unclear when the club intends to sack Solskjaer as they mull over an arrival time for a replacement’.

READ MORE: Big Weekend: Liverpool v Arsenal, Gerrard, Newcastle, Donny, Xavi

But Rodgers says he is “fully committed to Leicester” and the speculation risks affecting his own players, who are looking to revitalise their season.

Rodgers, whose side host Chelsea this weekend, said: “It doesn’t frustrate me personally, because my focus is the next game, which is Chelsea.

“But it’s frustrating for the fans and, I would say, for my players.

“If anyone were to read what’s been out there, then that can destabilise. I’m the Leicester City manager, proud to be here, and fully committed. All the other noise around that is something we cannot control.”

And MEN reporter Luckhurst has provided an update on United’s bid to replace Solskjaer.

He claims ‘consideration was given to sacking Solskjaer’ after the 5-0 Liverpool defeat, before a ‘signal of support’ 48 hours later.

But ‘there was an acceptance he had to go’. The problem was the lack of a succession plan.

The ‘process’ has started, but things are moving at a ‘glacial pace’ (‘Glazial’ was right there…).

The ‘Ole’s at the wheel’ chants from opposition fans and regular boos are said to be ‘consequences of mismanagement at boardroom level’ and ‘it’s become unfair on Solskjaer’.

Meanwhile, Solskjaer has reportedly held ‘crisis talks’ with senior Manchester United players on Thursday.

The Daily Mail claim he spoke to Harry Maguire, Cristiano Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Luke Shaw, Victor Lindelof and Nemanja Matic in a 10am meeting at the training ground to ‘salvage Manchester United’s season – and save his job’.

The report claims Solskjaer wanted to discuss how United can turn their season around and the tactical plan going forward after switching to a back three in recent games.

United take on Watford at Vicarage Road on Saturday, ahead of Villarreal in the Champions League.

I found this article here...

You need to Log in to reply.