Game Week 12 Predictions

Forum » Football » Game Week 12 Predictions

Nov 08, 2019, 11:52

Norwich v. Watford 

The bottom two go head to head in an early season relegation "6 pointer" with the loser facing a bleak Winter period. Watford have shown some bright signs in their last couple of games, but still don't have a win to show for it. Norwich started well and the injuries have taken a toll, with the team lurching into the bottom 3. Pukki may get a goal or two here, at home but I think Watford will take this game 2-1. Law of averages have to kick in surely?

Chelsea v. Palace
Lampard has done well with the youngsters at his disposal. An interesting point of the topic is whether Lamps would still do as well with them if Hazard was still around? Chelsea is in hot form and will look to consolidate their spot in the top 4, Palace will try to make it difficult and hit them on the counter. Expect a direct style of play from both teams but Chelsea should be too strong taking this 1-0. Abraham or Mount for the goal? That would be a good punt for FPL.

Burnley v. West Ham
Early season form has deserted both teams, West Ham stumbles when everyone expects some form of consistency. Burnley is what you see is what you get and we know Dyche will want to use the home advantage here to it's fullest. This is a close game to call, but I'll punt West Ham taking the lead with Burnley coming back to win 2-1 and Ashley Barnes getting in the goals. 

Newcastle v. Bournemouth
Newcastle has managed 4 points in their last 2 games and narrowly lost to a strong Chelsea game previously. Bournemouth beat Man Utd, but of late is that about their form or more about how poor Utd was on the day? This game has a 1-1 written all over it from where I sit. Joelington has blown hot and cold, but this could be the perfect springboard for him to get involved, with Bournemouth offering space down the middle. Bournemouth has had their midfield come right and with the double Wilson, the threat will seek to attack out wide and drive fast diagonals. 

Southampton v. Everton
Southampton frustrated City for long periods last weekend and managed to look decent after the Leicester mauling. Everton nicked a late goal to get a draw with Spurs, the game overshadowed by the injury to Gomes. This should be an entertaining game on paper, but I think both teams will be scared to lose and will seek a point rather than going all out. 1-1 for me. Silva to go before the end of November?

Spurs v. Sheffield Utd
Son shook off the horror of the Everton game and got two goals in the Champions League. His runs have meant Kane has had to drop back but this is rounding out the Englishman's game. These two should combine for some goals in this game, but Alli seems very lost and Moura is no closer to staking his claim for that spot which means a tight defence will trouble Spurs. Lundstram has been an FPL revelation and his runs from deep caused issues for teams with a weak CB pairing and SU will target Spurs there. They will aim to keep the score tight and hit direct passes down the centre (and probably over the top) catching Spurs out. I see Spurs winning this 2-0. 

Leicester v. Arsenal
Usually, this would be the tie of the weekend, but the LFC v City game has that billing. Instead, we see two attack-minded teams on polar ends of the feel-good bandwagon. Leicester will be favourites at home, and goals are guaranteed. Arsenal is wondering what Emery wants and I see further pressure coming on him. The AFC attack will get goals, but the Foxes will edge this 3-2. Vardy with a double and Aub getting a goal and assist.

Man Utd v. Brighton
United against an attack kind of team. Brighton will be targetting something from this game, knowing it will settle them in the PL. United need to come to the party and OGS talks a good game. Martial + Rashford will get in among the goals and Duffy will hurt United at the back. 2-1 United but the problems remain. 

Wolves v. Villa
Wolves have managed to find their feet in the PL and Villa play great football. Villa will target points before the cold December period comes in and this type of game is perfect for them. The fullbacks pushing forward will allow Trezeguet to operate behind their lines as he did against LFC last week. Wolves have Jiminez and their coach is one of the bright stars of the PL dugout. 2-2 from my perspective, Grealish goal getting Villa a point. 

Liverpool v. Man City
Titanic clash. Last season City beating Liverpool in the return game allowed them to take the title by 2 points. LFC have moved forward and are in the same position as last season this time, looking down on City. Pep will want the win badly, to reel LFC in but Klopp will also want this win to settle some LFC nerves. Expect both teams to go hard and I see a 1-1 game with VAR controversy on a Salah fall. FPL nightmare for most managers here.

Nov 08, 2019, 22:04

Norwich

Chelsea

Burnely

Bournmouth

Southhampton

Spurs

Leics

Villa

Liverpool

manu

Nov 11, 2019, 09:47

.Norwich 0-2 Watford

Law of average did strike! Good start to the weekend for my predictions

.Chelsea 2-0 Palace
The early game saw a good performance by the Blues. Lampard is doing something right. notch up another point for me

.Burnley 3-0 West Ham
Called Barnes getting in on the goals, didn't see it being such a hiding. point NH

Newcastle 2-1 Bournemouth 
So close! Well done Bruce (again) -could he keep them up?

Southampton 1-2 Everton
Another close call, class goal from Richarlison takes the points to Goodison. 

Spurs 1-1 Sheffield 
Spurs were turgid, didn't look like winning this game. Does VAR surely suck? 

.Leicester 2-0 Arsenal
Vardy got his goal and an assist, Arsenal wow - POOR. point 

.Man Utd 3-1 Brighton
Entertaining game, Martial lively with 2 assists. POINT

Wolves 2-1 Villa 
The odd goal edged it again and destroyed my prediction. Wolves are BAU now.

Liverpool 3-1 City
Game of the weekend and massive lead for LFC. still, early days but LFC fans must be confident?

another 5/10 for me, and no perfect scorelines. bah!

Nov 11, 2019, 09:48

CHIPPO:

0 Norwich

1 Chelsea

1 Burnely

0 Bournmouth

0 Southhampton

0 Spurs

1 Leics

0 Villa

1 Liverpool

1 manu

5/10 for you buddy, and a draw between us this week! (lucky me) 

so you are still in the lead 2-1 overall. 

You need to Log in to reply.