Game Week 11 Predictions by the N00sh

Forum » Football » Game Week 11 Predictions by the N00sh

Nov 01, 2019, 12:16

02 November: 

Bournemouth v. Man Utd 

United are fresh off a Carabao Cup win against high-flying Chelsea, Bournemouth will be pleased to be on the same number of points as United going into this (13). For a long time United struggled to win away from home, that cross is off their back and they will go into this game as favourites for the win. Bournemouth's best chance relies on the home support getting behind the team and causing some pressure on the United back-line. My prediction is 1-1 (any missed penalties?) 

Arsenal v. Wolves

Emery is under pressure. There is no doubt about that, and the main question will be what happens with Xhaka? He is done from where I sit, and I think most Arsenal fans feel the same way. Wolves started slowly, the Europa League pressure took its toll but their status as giant-killers remain. Under normal circumstances, I'd punt Wolves in this game, but I am going 3-1 Arsenal despite their defensive frailties. 

Aston Villa v. Liverpool

If Villa are to have a go at this, their midfield has to come out blazing. Grealish and Mcginn need to pick the gaps Liverpool leave behind their fullbacks, but at the same time drop back to cover the threat Firmino provides dropping into the hole behind Mane and Salah. Liverpool are getting the job done, playing badly -winning. playing well -winning. showing up -winning. The 50-50 calls are going their way and with a game against City looming, this can only go one way. 3-0 Liverpool. 

Brighton v. Norwich

Brighton may have got a lucky VAR call last week but banked the 3 points and are flying under Potter in terms of style. Norwich started brightly but the Pukki train has halted and they seem to be trying to just stop the bleeding. Sitting second from bottom any point would be a bonus for the Canaries but this has a home win written all over it, 2-0 BHA. 

Man City v. Southampton

Pep roulette versus a chastened Saints. I think this is a dangerous game for City, with over-confidence perhaps setting in. Southampton will want to avoid a heavy defeat but I think the scars from Leicester will come through and City will score some late goals to win this one. 2-0 MCFC.  

Sheffield Utd v. Burnley

Ashley Barnes, the go-to Burnley man, has seen his form melt a little. This is a battle between two cautious teams so I expect that drought to continue this weekend. Dyche will be pleased taking a point, the Blades know banking all their home games against similar teams is the key to survival. This is a 0-0 for me. 

West Ham v. Newcastle

Bruce has tried to set up Newcastle to be tough to break down. The lack of quality upfront is a major issue, and they will once again look to frustrate against an up and down Hammers. West Ham look great going forward, but a lack of concentration in key parts of the game sometimes hurts them. Haller came with a big reputation, and has shown sparks of life, is this the game for him to come to life fully? I see West Ham edging this, 1-0 WHU. 

Watford v. Chelsea

Watford have to win eventually, surely? They are not a terrible team. They have had some good moments of football. The results just have not come. Chelsea on the other hand, a transfer ban and sale of their best player did not bode well but somehow Lampard has gelled this team and strung together a quality run. This is the type of game that is tough to predict, Watford at home and the law of averages on their side vs. a team sitting in 4th (comfortably). I edge it to the Blues 2-1. 

03 November: 

Crystal Palace v. Leicester

Brendan Rodgers! Genius? Whatever it is, Leicester has been electric. Palace under Hodgson has had similar plaudits and since February are one of the form teams in the PL. Hodgson will go all-defence in this tie and Leicester may fin consistency an issue after such a massive win last week out. I'll go 2-2 in this game with a VAR call giving Palace a penalty to draw level ;-) 

Everton v. Tottenham

Underperforming giants. That moniker suits these teams this season. Everton ended last season well, started this season ok and have gone downhill. Spurs have had the opposite trend and played well against Liverpool, being unlucky not to come away with a point. Dele Alli and his form are the topics of discussion for Spurs fans and there is little evidence to suggest that goals will come soon for the young man. I see this being a 1-1, Spurs scoring first and Everton coming back to take a point. This is the game that most people won't watch, but should. Expect to see frenetic attacks at the end to win the game. 

Feel free to post predictions/rebuttals below! :-D

Nov 01, 2019, 20:51

My winners for the week:

ManU

Arsenal

Liverpool

Brighton

City

Sheffield

Hammers

Chelsea

Leics

Spurs

Nov 04, 2019, 08:53

Prediction Results (NH): 

Bournemouth v. Man Utd 
Actual: 1-0. Insipid performance by Utd

Arsenal v. Wolves
Actual: 1-1. Right on Aub getting in the goals, wrong on result. Emery under INTENSE pressure

.Aston Villa v. Liverpool

Actual 1-2 [1PT]. Squeaked this one, Mane FTW

.Brighton v. Norwich

Actual 2-0 [1PT]. On the money!  

.Man City v. Southampton

Actual: 2-1 [1PT], got the late goal part right at least  

Sheffield Utd v. Burnley

Actual: 3-0 the SU clean sheet came right, the 3 goals I never expected. 

West Ham v. Newcastle

Actual: 2-3. Well done Steve Bruce

.Watford v. Chelsea

Actual 1-2. Another dead right score.. makes up for Utd letting me down

03 November: 

Crystal Palace v. Leicester

Actual: 0-2. Got Leicesters 2 goals, Palace weren't at the races. CL for Leicester on the cards

.Everton v. Tottenham

Actual: 1-1. that's the 3rd correct call, some respite despite my team letting in a late goal.

FINAL: 5/10 with 3 scores on the head :P Bang average

Nov 04, 2019, 08:55

Chippo Prediction Results: 

0 ManU 

0 Arsenal 

1 Liverpool

1 Brighton

1 City

1 Sheffield

0 Hammers

1 Chelsea

1 Leics