Who is the better all-rounder - Andile or M Prtetorisu

Forum » Cricket » Who is the better all-rounder - Andile or M Prtetorisu

Feb 22, 2021, 08:56

Pretorius is in fact a bowling all=rounder - while Andile is more of a batting all-rounder.    To consider their performances one has to go to their performances on provincial level and see how they do perform in the shorter versions of the game  both in batting nd bowling:-

Batting in 50 over games

Andile                              Pretpris

Average                                            26.42                                12.33

Strike Rate                                        87.38                              106,73

Bowling in 50 over games

Andile                              Pretorius

Average                                            31,46                                 25,05

Economy                                            5,53                                   4.01

Batting in T20 games

Andile                              Pretorius

Average                                           11,10                                 14,00

Strike rate                                      115.14                               136.58

Bowling in T20 games

Average                                           25,32                                20.70

Economy                                            8,48                                 7.68

The situation is that Andile played in 100 50-over games and 91 20 over games - while Pretorius played in 18 50 over games and 18 T20 games,   The sample is big enough to give an accurate reflection of how the two players perform on a comparison basis.

Andile came out looking much better in batting in 50 over games - but in all other facets of the game  his performances  were worse than that of Pretorius,   I would rather strengthen the bowling and batting combined  and in all probably play Pretorius at 8 and Mulder at 7 in both ODI's and  T20I"s ahead of Andile.           

Feb 22, 2021, 12:44

Yawn

Feb 22, 2021, 13:23

Dave

The following batted very well today i the first match today:-

Hamza, Verreinne and Van Tonder - the latter during the first game this series.

The Knights needed 20 runs off the last over to win the match - so Migael Pretorius  had 19 runs scored in the over plus a no-ball by the bowler made up of two runs, 2 sixes and a four off the last ball.   What a star.    

Feb 22, 2021, 15:24

Sorry Mike...

Which M Pretorius are you referring to above?

Are you typing before thinking again?

Feb 22, 2021, 16:03

I am referring to the right player - Migael Pretorius of the Knights,  

In the game today he on his own won the game against  the Cobras making 18 runs in the last over, in 4 balls.    

Feb 22, 2021, 18:16

Yes... what a finish.. Alan Donald rates him highly.

Feb 22, 2021, 19:44

Chippo

That is the kind of player the Proteas need when runs are needed in the late part of shortened version games,   

Other than present players like Markraan, De Kock,  Rabada, Ngidi amd Mulder - Van Tonder and Potgieter will be my first choice for the upcoming  series against Pakistan. 

Feb 22, 2021, 20:04

We agree!

We also agree on Duane Pretorius vs Andile.

Ever seen Nandre Burger bowl?

Feb 22, 2021, 21:40

Yes I have - he is good  nit need some finer point coaching,   He should move to Bloemfontein for some coaching  by Donald.   

Feb 22, 2021, 21:53

Pretorious turns 26 next month. One has to ask why the fuck has he not been selected for SA yet

He looks good but typically gets overlooked for all the other shit players we have to endure

Pretorious got smashed in first two overs bowling but that’s the nature of T20 it does not define as good old Mike does with certain players

Feb 22, 2021, 22:00

What the fuck is going on

Von Berg another fat old twat playing pro cricket

Give me a break

Feb 22, 2021, 23:22

"Von Berg another fat old twat playing pro cricket"

See David, cricket is for people of all shapes.

Go on.. get out there and play some ball son!

Arjuna will be waiting for you.

Feb 22, 2021, 23:58

That WI spin bowler takes the cake

He is huge

Feb 23, 2021, 02:42

Players like Nortje and Pretorius did the wise thing - they first ensure that they lay the right basis academic wise before turning to professional cricket.    However both should have been in the Proteas team years ago.

Players should be selected  on performance-based merit and not reputation,           

Feb 23, 2021, 08:06

The two games today will be between -

*   the Warriors and the Cobras; and

*   the  Highveld Lions and the Knights

All of  Hamza, Verreinne, Rickelton, Van Tonder and M Pretorius will be in the games yo be played,    Wonder why Janneman Malan has not been  used  yet.       

Feb 23, 2021, 08:06

The two games today will be between -

*   the Warriors and the Cobras; and

*   the  Highveld Lions and the Knights

All of  Hamza, Verreinne, Rickelton, Van Tonder and M Pretorius will be in the games yo be played,    Wonder why Janneman Malan has not been  used  yet.       

Feb 23, 2021, 13:46

If I was a talented sportsman I would not let academics get in the way of my selection

You can study and still play provincial and international sport

Feb 23, 2021, 23:31

Where the hell did that come from?

And luckily you never had to make that tough decision.

Feb 23, 2021, 23:32

and Rakeem took the whole cake!

You’re absolutely right!

Feb 24, 2021, 00:35

In response to Mike saying the reason M Pretorious and Nortje have received late recognition is because they studied first

Feb 25, 2021, 09:11

Sport is a short-term career in which money can be made - but in most cases  bar a few - not enough to last a lifetime..   Especially in SA - where national selection is not always on merit  it is a tricky situation to be in.

The real money in cricket is in the IPL and similar competitions throughout the cricket-playing countries,   To get into the IPL in particular players can get rich in a few years - but only top performers on national level succeeds in that/    You know that  since SA selections are not based on merit  to get into the Proteas team is more difficult and a dicey situation to bet on from a career perspective, 

There is not enough money in provincial cricket to ensure lasting  financial well-being. 

Feb 25, 2021, 10:15

Linde is the better all-rounder.

A better version of Symcox. Much better actually.

Feb 25, 2021, 10:18

Have been following this T20 challenge.

Markram and Rickleton are the biggest disappointments so far.

A few sparks aside, the batting has been terrible. 

Some of the shot selections are schoolboy stuff. Some of the bowling is club level. 

Feb 25, 2021, 11:31

Agreed the standard is piss poor

So many old players involved

There are a number of out of shape players

Was hoping to see more of Rickelton, Roelofsen, v Tonder and de Swardt but they showed glimpses but ultimately failed. T20 smashing is not a good judge

On the positive side Verreynne and Hamza did well

The bowling standard is shocking of the youngsters M Pretorious, Bosch and Jansen looked ok. Pretorious is a good player, very handy with the bat to. Turning 26 soon so one has to ask why he has only recently been added to the Proteas squad and yet to play an international

You need to Log in to reply.