Well I guess de Ock was chilled today

Forum » Cricket » Well I guess de Ock was chilled today

Oct 26, 2021, 17:51

It will be interesting to see how Quisling, the ritual racial ‘victim’ responds. Personally I think the whole taking the knee thing is not needed. Sport in South Africa is totally open if not more than open. Witness Bavuma as captain when he is a marginal player.

So I have some sympathy for de Ock, but somebody should have helped him make a wiser decision. People see this issue from different and very emotional perspectives.This will haunt him his whole career.

Oct 26, 2021, 18:16

I salute him.

Just shows what little or no pride the others have to POLITICAL interference in sport for their own personal gain.

F--- the Proteas.

Oct 26, 2021, 19:47

Quinton is fortunate - his finances has been managed by De Villiers and he is already a very wealthy young man.   He does not depend on Cricket South Africa for a career in cricket and will do much better financially than he does now if he  follows his principles.   I think he must have discussed the issue with De Villiers anyway and would definitely followed hisa dvice if he did.    

Oct 26, 2021, 19:51

AJH

I watched the disaster on Saturday - and when I saw what was going on I decided  I would not watch another game in which the Proteas play ever in future.   Cricket in SA is doomed anyway.   The team will soon drop out of the Top 10 ranked teams in the world and go the SA soccer way,      

Oct 26, 2021, 23:13

Well life is more than money. The thing that Quinton  has is his cricketing ability. That aside he is just another young man. Not to be able to use that talent will be a hard road and I’m afraid a South African that takes this stance is going to have to wear  the whole Apartheid thing.

I feel sorry for de Kock. 

You need to Log in to reply.