Smuts a proven failure at 32 and never been v Biljon about to turn 35 soon

Age of our T20 side:

Hendricks 31 Smuts 32 v Biljon 34 Miller 31 Klaasen 29 Pretorious 31 Shamzi 31

Only youngsters are:

Malan 24 Andile 24 Fortuin 26 Sipamla 22

What’s the fucking point Mr Boucher?

Feb 14, 2021, 19:10

Dave

There is no point - in the end all the over 30 year olds have failed over the last two years - but the selectors and Smith and  Boucher refuse to recognize that and want to rebuild the Protea team by using over 30 has beens and never-has-beens to build up a squad for the future,   What a farce,         

Feb 14, 2021, 19:33

Was asking a mate of mine who played with Boucher at Border what he thought of Boucher as a coach

He said as a player he was a hard nut as we all know but as a coach it’s hard to tell as he earned his stripes at the Titans which is the wealthiest provincial side that is very well run so easy to coach

So he says it does not give a true reflection of his ability as a coach

I’m not convinced about Boucher simply based on his idea of who constitutes our best players. His selections are boring and show no eye on the future

Feb 15, 2021, 16:52

Ja we really lost that T20 because of old Miller and  old Shamsi.....but Sipamla and Fortuin were  brilliant.

Feb 15, 2021, 16:54

And Phlek, let’s not forget that brilliant youngster.....out for a duck, misses a ball for four , gets carted for some sixes and then hands the game to Pakie by bowling a no-ball full toss that gets carted for 6 right at the crucial point.

Gotta love these young talents!

Feb 15, 2021, 17:07

Do not write off this squad as they are about to prove us all wrong with the Irish series coming up.

Hopefully. 

Feb 15, 2021, 18:31

Just a pity old Miller has been failing for the past 18 months having not scored a 50 in hell knows how long

Moz got to love your laughable definition of a player based on one game

Ignorance of the highest level

Let me guess Dale Steyn never bowled a no ball full toss in his career

Get a grip

Feb 15, 2021, 19:30

I doubt Dale Steyn ever bowled a no ball full toss with the match at stake. The old guys did great as a group,  the newbies imploded.....again. Dave your obsession with unproven inexperienced players of limited talent is hilarious.

The Graham Pollocks, Barry Richards and AB de Villiers aren’t going to have any problem being selected.

Lunacy of the highest order....but highly entertaining.

Feb 15, 2021, 22:58

Well you are wrong Dale Steyn fucked up on numerous occasions as every player has.

The old guard we presently have are absolutely useless like most old farts in rugby and cricket these days but in particular rugby

Only a fool would find favour in a bunch of 30 plus year olds who don’t have test averages of 40

Trust you to think this lot are what we should be moving forward with

If you had your way both our rugby and cricket sides would be fully booked with 30 plus year olds

It’s the very reason our cricket side keeps failing

That side that lost the series to Pakistan was made up of 7 thirty plus year olds

Feb 16, 2021, 00:34

Trouble is the old guard today was the new guard you were clamoring  for a few years ago.....and better today than they were then.

Feb 16, 2021, 01:25

Rubbish the only old boy in that equation that I rated was Miller, the rest I have never called for or rated

Feb 16, 2021, 05:52

Oh how the worm turns:

Jan 05, 2015, 10:58

Yep Bavuma ahead of Rossouw or Miller is an insult. He clearly has no idea against quick bowlers.

Looks a nice little provincial but, his first class average of 35 with over 70 matches says it all.

Feb 16, 2021, 13:45

Exactly - I’m saying Miller and Rossouw ahead of Bavuma

I’m trying to get on board with Bavuma as he is such a lovely looking bat but aged 30 I see little point now

I liked Elgar at the start but he had ultimately turned out a failure given his record tells us that an average of 40 at test level is below par

Same applies to Faf who I have never waxed lyrical about

I don’t rate Rassie at all. Looks technically flawed and any good test bowling attack would rip him to shreds

So Moz at no point have I been a big fan of these players who are all now a bunch of has or never beens

It’s time to ditch them all including Bavuma and finding 4 new young bats to accompany Markram and de Kock

Feb 16, 2021, 17:12

Markram is no panacea, nice strokes but vulnerable  and de Ock is a lucky packet. You seem to think there are youngsters who are going to do better when the chips are down than Elgar (who has been steadier than Markram), Dussen and Bavuma. 

Boucher clearly doesn’t. 

Maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle with Hendricks and even  Malan worth a shot.

Feb 16, 2021, 17:31

Markram and de Kock are far more talented bats than Elgar, Faf and Rassie

Boucher clearly believes in them as he keeps selecting them

Markram’s test average is heading in the right direction. Pre this season it was 37 thanks two series failures on the sub continent. This season he has come back in style averaging 60 odd in both series and taking his overall test average to 41 odd

So clearly a fighter with a desire to overcome hurdles and move on. We all knew he had that in him from the very first time we saw him

de Kock needs no qualification he is one of the best bats in the game

As per usual you are completely wrong about our players - my guess is that you would invest in old farts like Elgar, Faf and Rassie over Markram and de Kock - it’s your warped way

Feb 17, 2021, 11:55

It has been going on for years - the older any sports-player are the stronger he is  supported by Mozart.   Nothing to do with performance at all.

David Miller is always under attack by Mozart  - now that he did well he is rpaised on for being good - but for his age by the age maniac on site,

Weird  - but Mozart does not realize that it is time to build  new squads in SA  to  replace the present failures and that is  where the problem is,     Since the 2019 WC cricket in SA is in crisis  and that means we have to accept that  Mozart wats to crisis to continue,    To replace the oldies who should have gone already - he support new oldies of the same age category.   

As per normal  with Mozart reputation  and age counts when it comes to selections - proven performance does not.   

You need to Log in to reply.