T20I series against Ireland

Forum » Cricket » T20I series against Ireland

Jul 19, 2021, 15:02

The series start athis afternoon at `17:39 SA time and this afternoon's game will be in Dublin - while the other two games will be in Belfast.

I will post the team to play today as soon a oit is available.   Expect the normal mess anyway.   

Jul 20, 2021, 08:41

Slow bowling again dominates for SA.

I'd still like to know how Ngidi ads more value to a T20 side than Reeza Hendricks would. 

Kagiso keeps looking more and more like a bowling all-rounder.

Bauman fails again with Rassie and Markram putting in solid starts.

Jul 20, 2021, 13:31

Sorry I did not include the team as promised and it is too late to do so now,    I have some observations as to what really happened and that I can do now:-

*      Opening the batting with Bavuma is a farce.   he quickly made 9 runs  in the first over  and then in the next three overs made 4 runs  - lbefore he was out after facing 13 balls in total.   He should never open the batting and should bat at no 6 in the line-up 

*   After starting like a steam train the strike rate went down  to just over 7 rpo.    That put a real strike rate pressure on Malan and De Kock and for that reason they went out quickly.

*    I have been consisteantly  suggested that Markram should be used lower down in the batting and not open the batting.   That was confirmed yesterday again  when he was the top run scorer  for the Proteas. 

*   The Proteas managed to get a mid-160 run score  but that simply is not good enough when it comes to the T20IWC later this year..

*     Shamsi is very good in T20i's  - he deservedly is the no 1 T20I bowler in the world,.

*     I would still prefer Mulder as an all-rounder and bring him in place of  Williams. 

Jul 21, 2021, 09:22

"I would still prefer Mulder as an all-rounder and bring him in place of  Williams"

What's William's first name?

Jul 21, 2021, 10:23

Lizaad Williams is his name.

Shamsi is turning out to be an awkward guy. Defos our Tahir replacement and is easily the best spin option in ODIs. Must say, his speed selection is really good, perhaps superior to Tahir's. 

There's a sub-plot developing here and it bodes well for our test side. Maharaj and Shamsi will be very tough to deal with, in most conditions, from day three onwards. Anyone remember when last we had a propper spin duo? Here's hoping we do manage to see them both on the field in the longer format.

Boucher seems to have more to work with than is apparent at a glance. 

Timestamp 5:38 Rabada's Innings - That straight drive for his third boundary...haha  

You need to Log in to reply.