Rickelton in the SA side

Forum » Cricket » Rickelton in the SA side

Jan 19, 2021, 21:41

Not ideal being a T20 squad against Pakistan, but it’s a start

Why is Klaasen not in the main squad?

Jan 19, 2021, 21:55

He is not the best  of the youngsters.  Andile and Janneman Malan are in the squad - but  the rest the selections were a disgrace,    - but there is no limit to the disgraceful stupidity of the selectors, 

Klaasen  was useless against the English  in the T20I's against England  and his test record is no better.

I wrote something about each of the 5 newbies - but I think it was censored because of the rather nasty revolting language I used.

Jan 19, 2021, 22:36

Rickelton is good but Roelofsen should be in as well

Klaasen showed that he was worth investing in so it’s mad that he has been discarded as he has

There are better options around in terms of age but Klaasen looked a better bet than Rassie

Jan 20, 2021, 00:17

Klaasen was  good in  4 of the  17m ODI;s he played in - in the other 13 games he was pathetic.  Similarly in the 13 T29I;s he played in he was good in 2 and imn the other 11 he was average rto poor,   He played in one test and failed badly.    He jas a very hiogh strike rate - bit that is meaningless since he  does as a rule does not make  enough runs.   He ios already 29 years oikld and no investment for the future.     What has he captained ever?    

You need to Log in to reply.