Remember Gogga...an amazing cricketer

Forum » Cricket » Remember Gogga...an amazing cricketer

Oct 29, 2021, 22:30

I was thinking of this age of cricket...different league to what it now find's itself. Paul Adams was only 18 years old when he was chosen for SA...the first non white cricketer to do so. Such an unusual bowling action that it caused havoc to opposition.

A very likeable character.

https://youtu.be/frctY31KKvg

Oct 29, 2021, 22:42

I'd still like to know how he could deliver a ball face down:'(....amazing!

Oct 29, 2021, 22:58

And now he’s just another victim who was abused by his team mates…supposedly. This is your problem Chabal….you’re all for de Kock charging at windmills to correct racial  hucksterism. But then in the next breath you are elevating one of these flops who is now playing the race card.

Talk about a state of total confusion!

Oct 30, 2021, 00:36

What's race got to do with it?  Cricket at Newlands was very pleasant in those palmy days with all the other great players then.

Never mentioned it as an issue. Adams was the first non white to play cricket for SA. That's a fact. 

The emphasis was on his bowling style...absolutely nothing to do with De Kock at all.

You make presumptions, assumptions and speculations on others all the time. It certainly appears to me that you  have changed and become a nasty, pretentious, and  barren old codger. You even seem to think they, at least with me, drink heavily ...LOL.

and please stop lying about people too,  you are obviously not present with and you have not the foggiest clue about. I will not engage in any stupid, childish talk. 

"As a man thinketh so is he". 

Oct 30, 2021, 01:35

As usual you are clueless….this is your man Adams:

‘Adams, a spin bowler who took 134 wickets in 45 Tests, said he had been called a "brown shit" in after-match fines meetings when teammates adapted the words of a Boney M song "Brown Girl in the Ring".

He said he had not initially complained, but his girlfriend, now his wife, had pointed out that he was being racially stereotyped.’

Just another guy who has suddenly discovered he was victimized. 

As for you I hope you are boozing, it’s a charitable interpretation.

You need to Log in to reply.