Quinton de Kock, older wiser, and chilled

Forum » Cricket » Quinton de Kock, older wiser, and chilled

Sep 14, 2021, 07:37

Quinton de Kock remains young at heart, but he’s getting old, and that’s okay, he’s “chilled” about it.

He’s also going to be a father, a prospect that neither frightens him nor causes much excitement – for now. “Very, very chilled, (there’s) still a long time to go,” he said about the prospect of fatherhood, along with wife, Sasha. “I’m still pretty easy, life still carries on for me. I’m not the one carrying the baby. Chilled, not nervous, not excited, or anything yet. It’s still a long time.”

Fatherhood awaits, but he’s already something of a father figure within the Proteas squad. Which is weird, because he still carries the baby face – notwithstanding the tufts of hair around his chin – wears a cheeky grin and appears to play in the same insouciant manner as when he started his international career as a 20 year old.

ALSO READ: Proteas seek to match best winning streak in T20s

“In the cricketing world I’m still, like, a youngster. But because of the nature of the team, a 28 year old is quite a senior in this team,” he said. In fact after David Miller, with 347, De Kock has played the next highest number of T20 matches in the South African squad – 227.

“There are a lot of new guys, guys who haven’t played a lot of T20 cricket, guys still learning their own game. A few years ago a 28 year old was a youngster in the team, surrounded by AB (de Villiers), Graeme (Smith) and those guys. Now it's the other way around. I’m chilled about it. I’m still 28, still very young in this game, still have a lot to learn and a lot to achieve in this game. I am 21 in my own heart, forever,” he chirped.

De Kock, after enduring a troubling year adjusting to the demands of working, living, training and playing while in bio-secure environments – which led to him taking a break from the sport – has shown a renewed appetite for the game and making runs in the last few months.

ALSO READ: Proteas spin arsenal can fight fire with fire on turning tracks

He was the star of the West Indies tour, where South Africa won the Test and T20 series and having missed the ODIs, while completing a stint in The Hundred tournament, he has made important runs – including a 10th T20 International half-century in the second match – as South Africa claimed an unassailable 2-0 lead in the T20 series against Sri Lanka.

“I wish that what I know now, I knew when I was 21 or 22,” said De Kock, sounding older than 28. “I’m learning from past mistakes and experiences… I just want to score runs I guess. I’m now seen as one of the leaders in the batting line-up and I just have to hold on to that and be the best batsmen I can be.”

As he’s done so, his teammates have gradually come to terms with how to play on spinning surfaces, a critical aspect heading into a World Cup that it is anticipated will be played on slow, dry surfaces. “The guys have worked really hard and we are starting to see (good) signs. Especially to do it against Sri Lanka in their own conditions... all the batsmen have improved, they really showed a lot of people how to play spin.”

ALSO READ: Proteas spinners put down T20 World Cup marker with Sri Lanka series win

De Kock is heading to his sixth ICC tournament at the T20 World Cup, and like impending fatherhood, he isn’t spending much time worrying about what’s to come. “I’m pretty chilled right now, it's still a month away,” he said.

“When it comes together at the World Cup, I’ll be excited for it. I’ll definitely be ready for it. My hunger to win a World Cup is always up there, especially with this team. I have a great feeling about this team, we are heading in the right direction.”

Sep 14, 2021, 08:48

According to our most - in his own mind - celebrated member  - De Kock is a shit player who  should be replaced by Klaasen.    So wait for his response  to this one..  .   

Sep 16, 2021, 03:35

Very admirable….he’s chilled.

Sep 16, 2021, 10:36

Never seen de Kock and Wise in the same sentence before.
Chilled maybe...

What a great player he is.

Sep 16, 2021, 13:05

Not sure if he's a great player but I have no hesitation in saying he's a good player and you might think he's dumb, for mine I really don't care as long as he does what he's selected to do and that is to put runs on the board......which he does.

Go Quinnie you good thing!

Sep 16, 2021, 13:17

His main problem is that he performs better when he’s not the best bat in the side. Something Markram was supposed to balance out.

Unfortunately, Markram seems destined to bat at four or five so it’s a case of waiting for a real #3 to emerge and cement his place.

It’s just so weird. We have a world class top 6 but we can’t seem to string together a series of good batting performances in anything longer than a t20 match.

TBH, I don’t envy the selectors and coaches right now. They’re making solid choices but just getting let down at every turn by the batters.

Sep 16, 2021, 13:21

"We have a world class top 6...." 

Really? You can't be serious.

"They’re making solid choices but just getting let down at every turn by the batters."

Really?? How then do you explain the non selection of Janneman Malan?

Sep 16, 2021, 13:29

Can you think of a reason why they might not be showing him off?

Think macro picture…

Sep 16, 2021, 13:33

Answer the questions.

Sep 16, 2021, 13:36

I am/will.

However, can you think of any reason why they’re not selecting one the best, potentially the actual best, younger batters right now?

Sep 16, 2021, 13:40

"I am/will."

Then go ahead,....what's holding you back.....I'm waiting.

Name the World Class top 6 and tell me why Janneman Malan has not been selected for the T20 WC

Sep 16, 2021, 13:50

HeHeHe......Hellllllllooooooooooooooo.........

Sep 16, 2021, 13:52

I gave you a clue, Denny.

Macro strategy.

Why provide opposition recent footage of our best young bat’s current technique? A potential tournament winner type bat. When you’re this close to a major competition…

His ability and form aren’t in question by anybody. Literally nobody.

If you really think that Boucher, Smith or anyone else in SA’s camp doesn’t know how good he is, you’re simply wrong.

Now, I’m not saying that the above is necessarily the case.

It’s just plausible and I wonder if you consider these types of scenarios?

Sep 16, 2021, 13:58

Wait, haha, Malan hasn’t been selected?

You gotta be kidding?

Sep 16, 2021, 14:02

Oh fuck me!!!

I just checked the squad!

Haha that is nuts.

No idea why he hasn’t been selected, Denny!

To be fair, I didn’t even know that the squad had been released already.

Sep 16, 2021, 14:07

I’d certainly swap Klaasen and Rassie for Rickleton and Malan. No question.

My top six would be….

Quintie Rickleton Reeza Markram Malan Verrynne

That is as world class as it gets.

Sep 16, 2021, 14:07

Waffle waffle waffle.....you're talking shit.

I don't need your clues, I don't need your scenarios......I've asked you to answer 2 questions based on the statements you've made.

Obviously you cant answer them because you've made a total DIK of yourself.

The Proteas don't have a World Class top 6 and truth be told Boucher is as I have often said......  clueless.

There...I've helped you......no need to thank me.

How on earth you can think of Reeza Hendricks as being world class is unimaginable.

Sep 16, 2021, 14:17

Haha Tante

I answered your questions quite fully.

Calm down now.

I know it’s tough when you don’t often “win”.

Sep 16, 2021, 14:33

Good try..you didn't answer my questions....

Truth is you mouthed off, made a total fool of yourself  then realised you did ......U turned and tried to fob the whole thing off on the selectors.

You're struggling to redeem yourself after that fat lip of yours got the better of you again ...here..

"Quintie Rickleton Reeza Markram Malan Verrynne

That is as world class as it gets."

Laughing graphics

Sep 16, 2021, 14:41

You’re welcome to tell me what you don’t like about any of the guys you don’t think are world class.

I’m guessing that won’t be forthcoming?

It never is

Sep 16, 2021, 14:55

You say you've played the game....hard to believe.

I don't want to embarrass you anymore, it's bad enough that you do that to yourself.

Here, let me help you again.......

Cricket, I hope you understand is a stats game...why don't you go and have a look at the "world class percentages" of the players that I haven't ruled out Hmmmm?

Two of them for example are yet to play T20 international cricket:'( so how the hell are they world class?

Now stay down, don't dig yourself a deeper hole. 

Best you just swallow your pride.

Sep 16, 2021, 18:13

Ok, so not even gonna give us a hint as to what about Reeza’s technique and ability is not world class?

The floor is yours…

Should be easy, I mean, if you’re that adamant.

Sep 16, 2021, 18:26

Don’t talk stats to me either, you tit.

You’re the guy that posted some BS about Lara or Tendulakar.

Haha…stats!

Sep 17, 2021, 12:07

Tante…where’d you run to?

I was hoping for a discussion on Reeza’s technique?

Just be honest and say that you don’t have a clue and would be hopelessly out of your depth in assessing, even at a superficial level, anyone’s batting technique.

I answered your questions fully. Literally gave you my top six, which I’d use in all three formats BTW.

I also provided a speculative answer as to why Malan hadn’t been selected recently. Granted, the t20 squad having already been selected did slip under my radar.

And here I am bud, now waiting for you to back up your statements with some insight.

As usual, the board’s arch coward thinks of any excuse to hide her lack of knowledge of the game.

No doubt your response will be(take your pick) *I'm done debating you *my ever-so-clever insights will be lost on you. *you’re a waste of time *I've already told you that stats stats stats

Anything to avoid clarifying your statement.

Come to think of it, out of all of the many cricket posts you’ve made…you’ve never offered anything that I can remember in the way of an analysis of batting or bowling.

Haha #BetaLife

Sep 24, 2021, 12:16

I see that the world’s premier beta still refuses to regale us with his master class on Reeza’s technique.

Haha

Sep 27, 2021, 08:47

Holymolli.....posting to yourself now Huh? Geeeez 4 in a row!!! 

Desperate for my opinion Huh? Well, you might have noticed I'm not desperate for yours.

Here, let me school you again......the Oxford dictionary's definition of World Class

"as good as the best in the world"

here's another.....

1. (of a person, thing, or activity) of or among the best in the world.
    "a world-class player" · 
  2. Get it now?

3.  I doubt it. 
Let me school you again......Rickleton has not played at an international level, he needed to be on par with the best in the world to make that comparison. Your statement that he is "World Class" is utter BS.

The same can be said of Verryenne.......he has played international cricket but he hasn't played any T20 cricket and going by his stats in the format that he's played there's nothing to suggest that he is World Class.

Clearly you don't have a clue as to the meaning of "World Class"

As for your pinup boy Reeza Hendricks????

At 32 years and 4 months what is his claim to being World Class? At close to retirement age he has yet to play Test cricket.....does that tell you something??? I doubt it. 

But here's the thing.......you say you would drop Rassie van der Dussen to include the "World Class" Hendricks. 
Hendricks and Rassie are of the same age.

Suck on this...

Rassie van der Dussen
Batsman
Career Batting Stats
Right Handed Batsman
Format
M
Inn
NO
R
Avg
BF
SR
HS
50s
100s
200s
Test
2019-
ODI
2019-
123*
T20I
2018-
74*

Reeza Hendricks
Batsman
Career Batting Stats
Right Handed Batsman
Format
M
Inn
NO
R
Avg
BF
SR
HS
50s
100s
200s
ODI
2018-
T20I
2014-

"Quintie Rickleton Reeza Markram Malan Verrynne

That is as world class as it gets."

Begone with you Tosser.

Oct 01, 2021, 09:44

Aaaaaaah ok…now I see.

Nobody is considered world class until they play international games.

Are you for real with this nonsense?

You telling me that (pick any cricketing great in any format) couldn’t be spoken of as being world class before they represented their country?

Lol, Tante.

Perhaps you should consider your premise before you storm out of the gates with it. I always considered you a bitchy and cowardly little wanker but now I’m strongly considering adding stupid to the list.

Haha imaging watching a 16 year old Tendulkar hitting double hundreds against men’s teams and telling people you think he’s world class…and then Denny says “He’s not world class and shouldn’t be in the team because he has not yet been in the team.”

Stop hanging around VisKop…you’re becoming a plank.

Oct 01, 2021, 09:53

Stop hanging around VisKop…you’re becoming a plank.

Good to see you resurface after what must have been a busy time...it's ok we understand...

Hang in there with Reeza.....a 28% average is world class huh?

See the source image

Oct 01, 2021, 09:56

Oct 01, 2021, 10:35

Is wasn’t that busy a time.

I just get bored of pulling the fairy wings off of cowardly little flies.

Still not a peep about Reeza’s technique, huh?

Haha why don’t you just admit that you’d be way out of your depth.

No?

How about you re-post any post that you have ever made which shows you have some knowledge of either bowling or batting?

Oh, wait…there is no such post.

Oct 01, 2021, 10:48

"I would drop Rassie van der Dussen who averages 38% for world class 28% Reeza."

Here....this must be you...an egg magnet to the point of tears

See the source image

Oct 01, 2021, 13:17

So…no link today a post then?

Cumon, it should be easy. I’m sure you’ve regaled the board countless times on the inner workings of some aspect of cricket?

Gimmie just one…

Oct 04, 2021, 09:34

Wow, it sure is taking a long time to find that link…Tannie

Oct 06, 2021, 04:54

Actually to satisfy your angst I did try and find a couple I posted re batting and bowling, one was about De Kock and the other was about Dale Steyn after he announced his retirement. Those posts for whatever reason are not in the archives. 

Anyway, this issue is about you, not me. I simply asked you two questions and from thereon in you decided to embarrass yourself. Your face saving attacks are just feeble attempts to divert from the main argument. 

Allow me to help you. You're not the first and only one to have embarrassed yourself on this forum, it's happened to me and everyone else....that's not the problem. The problem gets out of hand when you continue to argue a dumb point instead of eating humble pie by pulling your head in and biting  your fat lip. You've succeeded in falling into a bottomless hole but it didn't stop there you've also managed to land yourself in quicksand.  Your problem is with the Oxford Dictionary not me and you are delusional for believing you're a cricket Guru, non of us are. Upper cutting yourself, venting your frustrations and cursing yourself only adds to your misery.

Here once again, the dictionary meaning of "World Class".....

"a world-class player" · 

Oct 06, 2021, 09:25

Yes, Denny

All I hear is “…beep beep cowardly garble beep beep.”

You took all the time to post the above and yet you have zero time to give us even a cursory evaluation of Reeza’s technique.

Haha would you like some help?

Oct 06, 2021, 10:32

The topic you blithering Buffoon was never ever about Reeza's technique.......that was just your sneaky way of deflecting the argument. Good try. Bwhahahahaa

You've had two goes at selecting a so called "That is as world class as it gets."

Don't further embarrass yourself with a third.

And while you're dealing with it define "World Class"

We wait with bated breath.

Oct 11, 2021, 09:50

Well, it kinda turned into being about the technique and ability of the guys that I stated are world class with you disagreeing on grounds which I both shown to be fallacious.

I’ve offered you the opportunity to clarify and to date you haven’t yet managed to. I know that it’s because you can’t.

You’ll take ample time for much about everything else but heaven forbid you talk actual technicals.

What an absolute loser.

Oct 11, 2021, 10:40

Define "world class"

Oct 11, 2021, 14:20

Able to perform adequately at the international level.

Now, Reeza's technique.

Oct 11, 2021, 23:41

The Oxford dictionary's definition of World Class

"as good as the best in the world"

here's another.....

"a world-class player" · 
Ego is your enemy, honesty is a friend....try it. We wait with bated breath.....c'mon take that first step.

"Able to perform adequately at the international level."

Here,your lifetime achievement award Bwhahahahahhaha

See the source image

Oct 12, 2021, 10:28

Hahahahahahahaha

My goodness but you really are hanging around VisKop too much.

Let’s pick the best bowler in the world…then the best batter…now the best all-rounder…right, only those three players are “world class” according to your moronically strict definition of “world class”.

“As good as” = able to compete at the highest level.

“Best” = Ranked or accepted by experts to be the #1

Let me demonstrate because you’re clearly stupid enough to need this…

Was Gary Kirsten the best in his position - no.

Was Garry Kirsten world class - absolutely.

I could extrapolate further by asking you name 40 current world class players but this is already embarrassing enough for you.

See how I happily oblige your idiotic folly with ease?

Now, Reeza’s technique.

Still can’t, huh?

Oct 12, 2021, 11:23

Moron

It's not my "moronically strict" definition, it's the Oxford Dictionary definition. 

Won't admit to making an absolute Doos of yourself Huh? Paraded yourself as the resident cricket Guru.....now what......Bwhahahahaha

Let go of  your ego, it's a car wreck, the way you're going it's not even good for spare parts.

Oct 12, 2021, 12:15

OMG!

this;

(of a person, thing, or activity) of or among the best in the world.

as opposed to;

(of a person, thing, or activity) of or among the best in the world.

It's not that difficult to understand. Well, perhaps through the ever crippeling lens of beta life, it may be.

I wonder if you think the dictionary throws extra words into definitions simply for a laugh?

You should stop hanging around VisKop and Rooi because you used to be a shadow of a man yet their proximity has managed to rob even that off of you. 

Now, you wanna start talking about, Reeza's technique, I'm ready....

"Neva gonna happen."

Oct 13, 2021, 08:55

Shame Tante

I take it that he penny finally dropped and after yelling “Egg! Egg! Egg!” you suddenly realise how stupid you look.

Now worries, it’s not like you had much reputation to destroy anyway.

Oct 15, 2021, 10:47

Haha the beta bitch refuses to return to the scene of her embarrassment.

Ever hear the story of the black cat that only got bigger when the boy turned his back on it.

Face your fears, tante.

Hahaha

Oct 15, 2021, 10:47

Haha the beta bitch refuses to return to the scene of her embarrassment.

Ever hear the story of the black cat that only got bigger when the boy turned his back on it.

Face your fears, tante.

Hahaha

Oct 15, 2021, 11:04

DumbPlum you've been squawking and squeaking about Reeza like a stuffed pig all through this string....give me a break will you .......Reeza who? 

Why do you need my opinion  when you've adopted him as your pin-up boy? What does it matter what I think......and OBTW this time next year he won't be playing for the Proteas this is last stop saloon for your 32 year old soon to be retired no hoper. I can't believe you hold a high opinion of someone whose never played test cricket.......but then again that explains you.

Now run along....it was fun while it lasted.

Oct 15, 2021, 11:14

Lolzzz

More of the same.

You’ve said that he’s not world class and to date, despite your many ridiculous beeps, all that you can muster is that he has played test cricket.

You funny girl.

PS I didn’t hear a thank you for helping to understand what the term “World Class” means.

Oct 15, 2021, 11:45

".... all that you can muster is that he has played test cricket."

No I haven't.

Get it right you dumb twat

Oct 15, 2021, 12:14

I'll leave my typo in there if it offers you a reprieve from the embarrassment.

Does it?

Hmmmmm?

Oct 15, 2021, 15:08

A long time ago on this forum, I posted that Malcolm Marx was going to be a fantastic player..... one of the best in the world, and that he would become and remain a Springbok for a very long time... my words were actually that he would become another Springbok legend.

Whether he becomes another Springbok legend, still remains to be seen, but I believed it then, that he was a brilliant player, and I called it on this forum.

In other words, I rated him back then as "World Class", and this was before he was recognized as a national / international player...

I said the exact same thing about rating Rabada a very long time ago as well, on this forum and he has also turned out to be a fantastic player and ambassador for South African cricket.... he will also go down as a South African legend.

This complete and utter horseshit that you cannot rate a player as word class unless he has played at some sort of international level is both naïve and incredibly short sighted.

Thank fuck that people who think like this were never involved with selecting our players........ because imagine how many more would have ended up as Kolpak players, or just leaving SA to go and qualify for some other country... ala KP.

Stoopid

Oct 15, 2021, 20:08

Uh-oh The cavalry has arrived here we go. So tell me how is Reeza Hendricks "World Class" based on the Oxford Dictionary definition and I quote  "(of a person, thing, or activity) of or among the best in the worldand that at an age when most batsman are at the point of retirement he has never played test cricket, has a "World Class" average of 28% in T20....and in 36 innings has a mere 7 half centuries to his name.

And if that's not Stooopid enough your mate selects a top 6 and leaves out  Rassie Van Der Dussen who has the higher average of 36%.

So further to my above question how exactly is an 28% average closer to "World Class" than 36%?

Oct 16, 2021, 09:42

Hear that DA…you’re the cavalry.

Not a rational person that obviously understands what the term world class means along with its undertones of subjectivity.

No no…the cavalry.

Alrhough, I’ll throw you a bone tante, I thought Reeza was a few years younger than 32. Was thinking he was around 28.

In light of that, I’d probably I’d consider another bat.

See, how non-betas behave?

You should try it some time.

Oct 18, 2021, 08:07

No Denny

It was this extremely stoopid comment from you, that actually prompted my response about playing at an international level....

"Let me school you again......Rickleton has not played at an international level"

David Warner had not even played one single first class match, never mind at an international level, but his "World Class" was clearly very evident, and in his first ever T20 for Australia, hit 89 off 43 balls against South Africa.

Warner then hit a very aggressive 69 in only his 2nd ODI for Australia against us.

David Warner is also now the most successful overseas batsman in the history of the IPL

Maybe now you will be honest enough to realize just how much of a stoopid comment that really was.... because you cannot always just judge a player based on his experience or performance at international level....

Oct 18, 2021, 08:11

"Hear that DA…you’re the cavalry

Not a rational person that obviously understands what the term world class means along with its undertones of subjectivity"

No rational person always waits for someone to go through the international stages of professional sport, to spot "World Class" talent / sports people....

That's what scouts are still used for today

Denny knows that he overstepped the required criteria here, by using that comment.... but will never admit it

Oct 18, 2021, 11:54

Throwing me a bone huh Plum......too funny.....it's your backhanded way of saying I've been right all along Hahaha no worries, I'll let it slide and move on. On a serious note I have nothing against Reeza Hendricks, he didn't select himself, my issue is with Boucher and the selectors for investing in him. My choice would have been Janneman Malan, I can only assume that he wasn't selected for two reasons....1) that he would have been surplus to requirements in that there'd be 4 opening batsmen and 2) Reeza met quota demands. TBH for the greater good of the team I wish him well.

I believe Boucher has stuffed up big time, the team lacks a specialist middle order batsman, this is a national side that has struggled with batting across all formats, in a classic case of "Houston we have a problem" Boucher has failed to step up. You'll be a brave man brave  to hang your shirt on Bavuma, Miller and Klaassen to bring home the bacon. Sincerely hope I'm mistaken. So all there is Quinton, Markram and Rassie van der Dussen.....you tell me. They've also selected 4 spinners, Shamsi, Maharaj, Linde and Fortuin......why? Added to that there is Markram who is a useful spinner. Surely that's surplus to requirements and one of them could have made way for a specialist middle order batsman????

To answer your question about Reeza's technique...... I've seen very little of his batting but the little I did see and perhaps my comment is unfair I thought his technique was ok but suited to test cricket not the short format which begs the question as to why he hasn't played any test cricket. As a matter of fact I thought his technique is classic perhaps too classic for the shortened formats of the game.

The big one starts on Saturday with the Proteas vs Oz. I don't rate the Ozzie T20 side so the game should give us a fair idea of the Proteas. I know the Proteas have worked hard for this championship but will that be enough, I would have been comfortable with 6 specialist batsman. Then there is Wiaan Mulder, if it was my choice he'd go in everything.

Oh, just noticed there's an echo in the room begging for attention. 

Enjoy the tournament and let's hope that the boys have a bit of luck and bring home the championships. Any trophy is a good trophy even if it's T20 hahahhahahaa

Go Reeza!

Oct 20, 2021, 00:10

And predictably De “Ock was chilled against Afghanistan.Who?Afghanistan!

Oct 20, 2021, 10:08

Ja Tante, I’ve also given up on Klaasen. I’ve never had much faith in Bavuma other than the speculative type and which was largely based on one innings against Sri Lanka. Since then he’s been an abject failure…but in SA, those are the guys we make captain.

Miller I don’t agree on. He has BMT and we only need him to come good in one of the 3 final games.

My feeling is that Markram should be moved to the middle order…perhaps 5.

Yeah, it’s a mystery why Jannas isn’t in the side. Perhaps there’s a twist in the tail with an injury replacement near the business end of the competition. I wouldn’t put it past a Smith and Boucher to pull a Rassie type move like this. Wishful thinking, of course.

I think we should play as many slow bowlers as possible. Based on what they did to Sri Lanka, our spin variety is making it very tough for teams to settle. Pace off the ball seems to be the play in T20…something I wrote about months back. For some time now I’ve been thinking that it’s better to take pace off the ball during the power plays and have the seamers operate when it’s easier to defend the boundaries behind square on both sides.

I’ve watched a fair bit of Reeza and for me his biggest failure is that when he drives through the off, he opens up his shoulders too early and tends to tilt his head back. Watching him and AB play a cover drive side by side one can clearly see the difference. Other than that, he’s solid and has a beast of a straight drive as well as nice or as you said "classic" footwork.

Oct 20, 2021, 11:05

When we criticize certain rugby players for the style or way that they play, it is never fully justified to do that, because one never really knows what the coach / team orders are or were at the time..... you play to those rules, or face the certain possibility of getting dropped for someone who will listen. 

The same goes with our cricket.... Nobody will really know what Smith or Boucher have had to contend with because of these ridiculously stupid quotas and other internal factors that they have to toe the line for, every day....

Faf and Tahir are not even in our world cup T20 squad..... and please don't think for one second that this was a deliberate move by Boucher.... I don't for a single second believe that at all.... he knows exactly what class and experience these 2 guys bring, especially coming off a recent IPL win with Chennai as well.

Just look at the recent shit with Dale Steyn's tweet, when Cricket SA only congratulated Ngidi on his IPL win.... but not Faf, the 2nd highest run scorer in the whole season this year.....or Tahir..... it is fucking clear as day where Cricket SA's loyalty and allegiance lies, and it is not with white players. 

Even Faf replied to this tweet from SA Cricket with "Really ????"

Far too much political shit always goes on behind the scenes, and if you don't bow to the pressure from the politicians......you lose your job..... or get moved / re-assigned..

I am not saying Boucher has done a great job.... but I am saying that one should not put all the blame on him, when we have zero idea of what goes on behind the scenes...  only what eventually or finally gets leaked to the press... which is still very little in the bigger scheme of SA Cricket

Oct 20, 2021, 12:11

haha DA, I just saw this. 

CSA congratulate Faf...finally. Check the comments on the Tweet

Oct 20, 2021, 13:01

Lol....  ja Plum

Then just a little further down, a user called Tarak Nath posts the original post from Cricket SA about just Ngidi...

Then another poster says.... "AB too"..

LMFAO... too funny

Just shows what the mentality is of these guys at SA Cricket.....imagine what really transpires behind these closed doors.....

Oct 20, 2021, 16:28

No doubt DA every one of our teams is the best subject to certain constraints. Given the naturally best team which is totally diverse, one wonders why all the pressure… is the bitterness complex still so massive.

And Rabada just bowls Barbar with a brilliant Yorker making the point.

Oct 21, 2021, 19:20

"is the bitterness complex still so massive"

Yes...it's a sad day when spite is your only recourse...

Nov 14, 2021, 04:48

Back to the top with this one….actually it should just stay there so we can learn from Quisling’s great sense of timing. 

You need to Log in to reply.