Quinton de Kock apologizes to everyone

Forum » Cricket » Quinton de Kock apologizes to everyone

Oct 28, 2021, 10:47

Quinton explains why he did what he did, and then apologizes to everyone for doing what he did.

He makes very valid points, but CSA should never have put their players in this position to begin with.

Where the hell does this shit stop after this.....

Quinton

Oct 28, 2021, 13:57

Cringe.

I still think he should refuse, force them to sack him and then sue the living shyte out of them.

Oct 28, 2021, 14:11

Agreed Plum

I cannot see any organization winning a case like this, especially if what they are demanding you to do, goes against certain personal beliefs or rights.

Oct 28, 2021, 14:35

De Kock didn't think things through and reacted impulsively, now he looks like a bit of a dick.

I don't agree with any of this PC/BLM/woke bullshit but at the end of the day, they weren't asking him to kill anyone, they were asking him to join the rest of the team in taking the knee for a few seconds. I reckon if you're prepared to wear a pink outfit for a cause like breast cancer then bending the knee alongside your teammates isn't the end of the world and certainly not worth all the fuss it's created.

Oct 28, 2021, 16:02

BLM is  getting exactly  the attention it wants, but  in the process of ruining a persons  livelihood, just happens to be a white person. 

They've  put a lot of pressure on him to back track. 

Keep politics out of sport and any political  protest should be banned during sporting events. 

But also, don't forget that CSA  bent over backwards when Hashim Amla, a muslim  asked not to wear the castle  lager sponsor on his kit due to his believes. But you now  put pressure on a player for a racial cause. BLM is racist as it elevates one race over another. We are all equal and if we were equal  we would not shout about it. 

If you want to bend the knee or fight for a cause, do it off the sporting field on your own time. You have a  platform, keep it away from the sporting  field

Oct 28, 2021, 16:14

Guess what the common denominator is kingcorn.

To me any show of support for the BLM movement is a NO, NO.

They are an organized bunch of criminals supported by many folks of color, white liberals and of course Soros.

Must admit that with de Kock backing down he has lost all creditability in my view.

No balls at all.

Oct 28, 2021, 16:20

Oct 26, 2021, 18:09

The problem is, if Quinton wants a career in cricket he will have to back track on this  ….to a position much more definitive than if he had simply gone with the program. I can’t think of anybody who has won this battle.

Oct 28, 2021, 16:24

So de Ock ends up wearing egg all over his face. Totally predictable, he had a bit of a tantrum because he felt he was being told what to do. And then caved, which he was always going to do…except it happened even sooner than I thought.

There is no way to beat this thing because of the economics of sponsorship. But if everybody does it every time, before every match it gradually fades into a nothing burger.

Oct 28, 2021, 16:50

Comparing forcing an individual to take a knee and bow down for a openly and blatant racist organization..... to that same person wearing a pink shirt or outfit for Cancer awareness... is repulsive...… but again, it is no surprise at all, especially when it is coming from Rooinek

It is certainly not the first time he has preferred to support the black man over the white man.... it's in his nature

Oct 28, 2021, 17:02

Now it seems that Quinton may be kicked out of the IPL as well, by his Mumbai Indian team...

The Australian Big Bash league have got word of this, and are already trying to get Quinton to play in their league...…

Oct 28, 2021, 18:26

"I don't agree with any of this PC/BLM/woke bullshit but at the end of the day...."

Oh yes you do...with you there's alwas a "but", né?...if it comes to picking a side, you always pick the wrong side...you'll realize it one day...

Oct 28, 2021, 18:41

Agreed, DA.

Wearing pink for cancer and being forced to support a specific political group is nowhere near similar.

I would never be able to force myself to overlook the difference and treat them as being the same thing.

Problem is, I suffer from dignity and self-respect.

Lol And Bavuma is so shocked by Quintie’s choice while only being picked as skipper only because he is black.

“Support us in showing a united front against discrimination though.”

Laughable how arrogant, contrived and self-serving these blacks are while trying to teach the rest of us about morality.

Oct 28, 2021, 18:49

The end is nigh...a reset is indeed needed.

Oct 28, 2021, 20:11

You cannot show weakness to the degenerates. Never ever apologise, ever! Once you apologise you devalue yourself and the truth and you will be shown no mercy. Evil people are running amock because better lifeforms, humans, allow them to. Now if he kneels? He truly is weak. 

Oct 28, 2021, 21:03

He feels bad because he accidentally offended some people...some of them were team mates and friends...never mind his feelings...all that counts is the selective...horse sh!t, but it is what it is...the new religion...

Oct 28, 2021, 22:51

To fully understand Quinton's apology one has to read his statement, he says the team was on a bus on their way to the game when they were told. One would think that a highly emotive issue would be handled in a professional way and that all parties would be given the benefit of time to discuss the matter and to express their opinions. Not so with the clowns who run CSA. It stinks of OBTW we want all of the team to bend a knee as a sign of unity. It was a demand not a request. Quinton correctly felt that the matter should have been addressed prior to the commencement of the T2CWC and not as an order while on a bus a few minutes prior to a very important game. CSA has apologized for their unprofessionalism but this was needless to say uncalled for if it had been handled professionally. How would you feel if this bombshell had been dropped on your head just hours before a very very important CWC game? CSA showed no consideration for the emotional well being of their players. A question....what if a half dozen players had adopted the same stance as Quinton? 

But this issue has a deeper meaning which besides reflecting on the wholly inept CSA it also reflects on the mindset of a country obssessed with racism. CSA one has to understand is an arm or a tool of the ANC. The country as I've said is obssessed with race, I've said this many times on this forum and my belief is based on my first hand experiences after my many visits to the republic. The action of CSA would delight the ANC and it's brainwashed populace. The action by the way is CSA's only claim to fame.....they would otherwise go unnoticed.

Racism is of course is what the ANC wants the populace to believe is the cause of all of their problems. The totally inept ANC hides behind that wall as it covers up all their deficiencies of the last 25+ years of governance. If it goes wrong it's because of racism. 

I'm in absolute agreement with Quinton's original stance, it promised so much to those of us who feel that the BS has to stop, that there's a better way forward and that CSA , the ANC and the organs of the ANC have failed the country.

As for myself, I despise racism in any shape or form, whether it was under Apartheid or as it's currently being experienced in South Africa. The ANC has been a major disappointment, it had the opportunity to govern the Rainbow Nation in a fair and equitable way and it has failed. Sad also that they've brainwashed a nation, similar to the Apartheid regime, so as to cover up for those failures.

I've read all of your comments, if you're wondering who ticked the "like" comments it was me, I even "like" an AHJ my everlasting enemy, one also by Pakie but the ones I enjoyed the most was written by Draad.....I know exactly how you feel ....don't forget I've been there before.

Vasbyt!

Oct 29, 2021, 00:49

Cricket South Africa was just as much a pawn in this event as de Kock, although both behaved stupidly. The alternative wasn’t some fairy tale noble stance….it was these guys driving us back into sporting isolation, with our individual players like de Kock, under pressure to over perform on race.

That gives them the bigger win, the bigger narrative….the more power to exert pressure.

Dumb recalcitrance never worked for the Nats and it won’t work now. Smarten up!

Oct 29, 2021, 06:47

"Sad also that they've brainwashed a nation, similar to the Apartheid regime, so as to cover up for those failures."

So true...I was wondering what your stance would be...

Oct 29, 2021, 08:09

Yeah

Then you get people that are just so intellectually challenged and incredibly stupid, that they corelate this refusal of taking the knee for some racist organization... with when the players are requested to wear pink..... to create an awareness for Cancer.

That alone, tells me exactly why Rooinek is the person that he is...….. you must be a very special kind of stupid to come up with and believe that reference

As I said, Rooinek's tendency has always been to fully support the black man over the white man.....

Oct 29, 2021, 08:59

@Draad

You've probably never heard of Kenny Roman, we we're at Harold Cressy High School, it's the one across the road from Roeland Street jail. Kenny was an exceptionally good sprinter, he ran 10.04s over the 100m back in the '60s and would have qualified for the Olympics ......but. Anyway, there was talk of him racing Paul Nash, not sure if you remember him, he was the white South African 100m sprint champion. The story goes south from thereon, they never raced each other and Kenny would never represent his country for obvious reasons. A sad but true story. Google is your friend although there isn't a lot of info.

Oct 29, 2021, 10:27

Denny...that was a bit before my time, but it's such a shame, even for way back then...the stupidity the human race is capable of boggles the mind...it was so unnecessary and so obviously bound to fail...and here we are heading for the same path again....Not nearly there yet, but we need to be careful...have we learned nothing from the past?

I'll check Kenny out.

Oct 29, 2021, 10:58

Denny, I see he lived in Melbourne up untill his death a few years ago. Did you guys stay in touch over the years?

Oct 29, 2021, 11:05

We weren't friends besides he was a few years ahead of me that is how I know him. Didn't know he lived in Melbourne I thought he lived in Brisbane. The story goes that he flew to Cape Town to receive a prestigious award but he had to delay his flight back because he turned sick with cancer, he eventually got back but died soon after. 

There's also a story about a sprinter named Cecil Blows....another of Olympic standard.

Oct 29, 2021, 12:53

Denny,

Force once I mostly agree with what you say.

As far as I understand, there is no limitation on political association anywhere in the SA Constitution. And so it would follow that there can be no such limitation in any other contract or mandate within our borders.

So regardless of whether they sprung it on the team at the last and most inconvenient time or not, the deeper question remains.

For me, that's the crux of all this and what nobody wants to ask.

...because it only ends with CSA looking like they think they are the arbiters of morality. 

Bloody wankers.

Oct 29, 2021, 15:47

Peter Snell was the NZ middle distance runner….there was no ‘white’ South African sprinter called Peter Snell.

Oct 29, 2021, 16:38

Paul Nash then maybe?...it was more than 50 years ago...not?

Oct 29, 2021, 17:43

Likely Paul Nash…..embarrassing blunder by the Plagiarist. Did he even know the other kid before he had to run to Oz? 

I actually saw Peter Snell run in CT in the days when he was the world’s best miler.

Oct 29, 2021, 18:56

Paul Nash went to Michaelhouse in Natal Midlands...at athletics he and Andrew van der Watt (Springbok Wing) (Maritzburg College) tied in school athletics and both clocked 9.7 secs, then 100 yards not metres...so I was told by older boys. Paul later gave up athletics, went to Wits and did well in business. We were santioned then. I was told he became at that time the fastest white runner in the world...I think he ran on cinder tracks too. 

Apologise for deviating  but since Paul Nash was mentioned I thought this might interest some.

Oct 29, 2021, 20:04

Snell was a NZ world mile record holder for awhile and I also attended a meeting in which he ran at the Kings Park track around 1960-1 (I think it was).

Getting back on track with QDC he stood tall for a few hours and then crumbled to pressure from all sources.

Pity because unless you talk up and make a stand nothing but nothing will change.

This particular issue was forced upon the players and most accepted it as anti-racism but in fact it is nothing more than a militant BLACK RACISTS group out of control, and collecting funds for the top dogs of the movement and at the same time causing havoc in the USA on all fronts and driving citizens of all groups further and further apart.

In RSA they have a similar group with Mamela (?) at the head and reaping havoc in the country.

So by accepting this type of action as the players are instructed to perform at a sporting event will sure become a non event after a while and be the norm eventually.

UNLESS IT IS STOPPED NOW.

Picture the children at school taking a knee at assembly instead of singing the national anthem.

A disgrace in any shape or form.

If BLM matters then what about the three black cops ambushed by a BLM group in the USA?

Is it OK?

Just think what would have happened if the murderers were WHITE.

Oct 29, 2021, 21:20

Paul Nash it is, my bad simply an error as Draad pointed out,  it goes back over 50 years and somehow I got caught up with the Kiwi middle distance runner. 

Oct 29, 2021, 22:14

I agree with your sentiments Arthur….but I don’t think an individual  South African cricketer has a chance of a meaningful protest. Somebody like Pakistan citing religion could pull it off.  It’s a game of virtue signaling, you have to find a higher order virtue in today’s shallow world.

In the US individuals who tried to stand against the tide have gotten buried.

Nov 01, 2021, 11:54

All our sports team should sit down during the national anthem in protest against corruption.

Hell, they could even do the same to bring attention to the rape crisis that has been present in SA since roughly 27 years ago.

Any of it would be more justified than protesting racism which falls so far behind statistically in terms of issues South Africa’s face that it’s barely relevant.

Even a protest against Eskom would be more justified.

Just following Colin’s example after all.

Nov 01, 2021, 16:07

"but I don’t think an individual  South African cricketer has a chance of a meaningful protest"

Indeed, but if you wait for ideal conditions,  you might never get a chance...the path is narrow...

You need to Log in to reply.