Ock flops…er….is chilled again

Forum » Cricket » Ock flops…er….is chilled again

Nov 02, 2021, 17:42

This guy’s performance at WCs is stupefyingly bad. But he’s great batting in Pretoria against Sri Lanka. Markram and Hendricks likewise depart early. If Bangladesh had posted 130 it would have been a struggle. 

Right now Bavuma is seeing the ball better than any of our batsmen and we have an effective bowling attack. Nice to see Rabada bowling with a bit more bite. An interesting point that the conditions in Abu Dhabi were somewhat like South Africa. This gives the Proteas perhaps their best chance to do something notable.

The English game looms….best attack vs best batting side in the tournament.

Nov 02, 2021, 18:46

16 off 15...opening while chasing 80 in a T20 isn't half as bad as you make it sound...and that coming on the back of the whole "taking the knee" nonsense...not ideal,  but not exactly the dire straits either...like you said, England will be the make or break. 

Nov 02, 2021, 20:08

Sixteen against Bangladesh…following 12 against SriLanka and 7 against Australia. This by the guy that is supposedly one of the top ten bats in the world and the best wicket keeper batsmen?

If that’s not dire it’s certainly a major under performance again at a WC.

Look at what Jos Buttler is doing for a comparison.

Nov 02, 2021, 20:10

like I said, not ideal...yet...it's time to step up.

Nov 03, 2021, 01:38

Geez Moz not that long ago Butler was in such shit form England dropped him get a grip man

de Kock is not in form - it’s cricket it happens

If you had played the game and been a half decent bat you would know that the art of batting is on par with the art of striking a golf ball

Nov 03, 2021, 03:23

I played a bit….batted number 3 and opened the bowling at school. Played for  various Navy teams. Nothing serious, but I preferred surfing and golf.

Back  to the point….that’s Ock’s 5th flop in a row. He also flopped against Afghanistan (6) and Pakistan (7) in the warm up games

So he’s not in form. I guess 6, 7, 7,12 and 16 is not in form. The trouble is he’s always not in form when WCs roll around. 

Nov 03, 2021, 18:54

At least our brief social hero is trending upwards ??

Nov 03, 2021, 19:11

Gosh you’re right….I missed that glimmer of positivity!

Nov 04, 2021, 16:48

Question is, what is the next logical number in the sequence?

16?

You need to Log in to reply.