5) Van Der Dussen

6) Verreynne

7) Mulder

8) Linde

9) Rabada

10) Maharaj

11) Nortje

Jul 15, 2021, 22:00

Like the team - but wait till you see the Boucher distortion that would emerge.    

Jul 16, 2021, 07:12

Yep I know, we live in hope. I've lost faith in Boucher, wouldn't be one bit surprised if the players have as well, the man is clueless. Making Bavuma captain was another mistake and it's probably another reason why AB gave Boucher the finger. It's a shame though knowing the team has the potential to do big things.

Jul 16, 2021, 09:41

Yep, big pity about Bavuma. 

We may as well make Kagiso captain

Jul 16, 2021, 11:52

Hell - they weakened the batting by including Klaasen  ahead of Miller in the team and then we have that Phehlukwayo retained.    And the brought in Williams ahead of Ngidi in the team.   And Rbada is not playing either.   

Those whom the gods whish to destroy they drive mad. 

Jul 16, 2021, 12:00

Actually that's not a bad idea, choice of captain is a real problem there isn't a standout or a natural leader so I guess you'd have to start with someone who is a regular  who won't be dropped. Markram should have been but he comes with performance issues, Janneman perhaps but he's only just starting out on an international career and then there's Quinnie who doesn't want the added responsibility......it's a tough one, we're kinda stuck with Bavuma:'(

Jul 16, 2021, 12:01

Foolakwela and Klaaaaasen to the rescue.....no Mulder???

Looks like a 350/360 wicket.

Jul 16, 2021, 13:48

Proteas 156 for no wickets….the calming effect of Klaasen is immediately apparent.

Jul 16, 2021, 14:17

Hell - but you are indeed stupid.   Klaasen has nothing to do with it.   Your low rated De Kock - who cannot face any type of bowling - has made  a century.    That means he has made double the number of centuries Smith made in ODI's/  .   

Jul 16, 2021, 14:21

Humour you ineffably thick  clod….a little joke. Quisling was right when he asked me why I bother with you.

Jul 16, 2021, 16:49

Fine - but what is not humorous  is Klaasen managing  to make only 3 runs from 4 balls faced..  

Jul 16, 2021, 18:30

Superb by Klaasen, he realized we had enough runs and needed to bowl before the Irish weather complicated things.

Jul 16, 2021, 21:58

:D:D:D

Jul 16, 2021, 23:38

Mozart

You are really getting funny - Klaaasen bowled 2 overs and gave away plenty runs.   He was not allowed to bowl any further..    And the poor bugger missed two sitter catches - that was a further disaster for him.      

Jul 16, 2021, 23:40

lets be frank - De Kock and Malan saved the Proteas from another embarrassment.     That is all we can say on this  issue.      

Jul 16, 2021, 23:56

De Kock and Malan's innings disguised a middle order collapse, van de Dussen, Bavuma, Klaaaasen and Foolakwela scored a mere 42 runs off 40 balls. Hats off to Maharaj for striking at the top order of the Irish.

Jul 17, 2021, 09:32

Lets look a bit at the number of runs scored by the SA batsmen in the two  ODI's against Ireland:-\\

I will put it in order  of the actual scores in the two matches from top down: iro batsmen and all-rounders;-\

Janneman Malan             =     84   +    277    =     361     -      Average    361

Quinton de Kock            =     120                                   -       Average    120

Rassie van der Dussen    =       49   +   30      =      79    -       Average      39,5    

David Miller                    =       24                                  -        Average    24

Kyle Verreynne                =      13                                   -        Average    13

Themba Bavuma              =      10   +   3       =       13    -       Average       6,5

Adrian Markram              =        5                                   -       Average       5                      

Heinrich  Klaasen            =        3                                   -       Average        3

Andile Phehlukwayo       -         3    +    2      =        5     -       Average       2,5\

Now about  Denny's comment lets look at the total runs scored by the middle order and here i include Markram  since - based on the Windies series - he does better as a lower dwn batsman than as an opener.\

Total runs scored         =      142    average  of 7 players   -    20,3 runs

Leave Van der Dussen out  and the average by 6 players  is  10,5 runs.

I would leave  Van der Dussen, Miller and Verreynne  in the team for the T20I series against Ireland and send the rest packing - even the disaster who is captain at this stage.                                      -         

Jul 17, 2021, 09:32

Lets look a bit at the number of runs scored by the SA batsmen in the two  ODI's against Ireland:-\\

I will put it in order  of the actual scores in the two matches from top down: iro batsmen and all-rounders;-\

Janneman Malan             =     84   +    277    =     361     -      Average    361

Quinton de Kock            =     120                                   -       Average    120

Rassie van der Dussen    =       49   +   30      =      79    -       Average      39,5    

David Miller                    =       24                                  -        Average    24

Kyle Verreynne                =      13                                   -        Average    13

Themba Bavuma              =      10   +   3       =       13    -       Average       6,5

Adrian Markram              =        5                                   -       Average       5                      

Heinrich  Klaasen            =        3                                   -       Average        3

Andile Phehlukwayo       -         3    +    2      =        5     -       Average       2,5\

Now about  Denny's comment lets look at the total runs scored by the middle order and here i include Markram  since - based on the Windies series - he does better as a lower dwn batsman than as an opener.\

Total runs scored         =      142    average  of 7 players   -    20,3 runs

Leave Van der Dussen out  and the average by 6 players  is  10,5 runs.

I would leave  Van der Dussen, Miller and Verreynne  in the team for the T20I series against Ireland, let Markram bat lower down and send the rest packing - even the disaster who is captain at this stage.                                      -         

Jul 19, 2021, 11:23

Quintie, despite complaints, is probably the first name on the sheet and dropping him would be crazy. 

Markram remains the ultimate conundrum. Guy hits 200 like it's nothing in domestic cricket but overthinks every frame of his international innings. At best Boucher can rotate him out as he has done against weaker teams. 

Neither can be dropped so the best solution is finding a foil. I like Rassie and Quintie opening together, with Markram at 3. 

You need to Log in to reply.