Mozart amazing assessment of player performances - Klaasen and Verreynne

Forum » Cricket » Mozart amazing assessment of player performances - Klaasen and Verreynne

Apr 15, 2021, 21:13

Mozart has been advocating the selection of Klaasen to replace De Kock in the Proteas teams - but the real new deal for playing as a batsman-wicketkeeeper is in fact Verreynne,   So lets look at the statistical situation  iro Klaasen and Verretne on internationak level and since Verreynne  has very little exposure to international cricket, also the difference on orivincial level.

Test                                   ODI's                              T2OI's

Klaasen                                  5,50  SR  32,95              33,93    SR 90,56              26.73    SR  158,72                                

Verreynne                                    -                               40,75    SR 94,21                     -

Provincial Level

Four day Games                50 over games              20 Over Games 

Klaasen                                   43,78 SR  61,6                36,19  SR 94,92             28.27    SR  140,26                                

Verreynne                                56,32  SR 61,31              36,74  SR 90,75             25.72    SR  123,78 

It is only in T20 games that Klaasen is better than Verreynne - in the other two formnats of the game Verreynne is  better than Klaasen.     Verreynne is a much better longer term prospect than Klaasen - soon to be 30 years old.  

Apr 15, 2021, 21:41

Both are good players.

Verreyne is young.

We need to build our future around him, van Tonder and Rickleton.

Start from fresh...

Apr 15, 2021, 22:22

Chippo

You are  in this instance as wise  as King Solomon.     

Apr 15, 2021, 22:47

Chip add Janneman Malan in all formats

Our 6 bats should be

Markram

de Kock

van Tonder

Verreynne

Janneman

as definites

With possibly Rickelton out of

Hamza Roelofsen de Swardt Ackerman Richards Bird Breedtske

Apr 15, 2021, 23:28

Dave

The batting lime-op should be 

1 Malan

2 Ricketon

3  Markram

4  Van  Tonder

5  Verreynne

6  De Kock

7  Mulder

It will never work though,    According to the latest  statement from Boucher Verreynne is only in the squad as a replacement  for Klaasen,   So unless Klaasen could not play would Verreynne be allowed to play.     Lubbe was the back-up for Van der Dussen  and when the latter got injured only Lubbe will play,   Who came up with that crap must go and sea a Shrink.    

Boucher said further that the day playing team is selected by a Committee of four pf which Klaasen is one and I guess the batting and bowling coaches.   He cannot accept blame for the Committee decisions    I belief that  means  passing the buck to a ship of fools.  /

I can hardly belief what I have read in that case.    Apparently there was some sort of traditional processes that were applicable when he started to play cricket  and  his comments  indicate that he follows the noble ideas of the past,   That may have been good enough  20 years ago, but the cricket issues has changed too - so Boucher seems to be  is a square peg in a round hole.                 

Apr 15, 2021, 23:56

SA cricket is a fuck up

Apr 16, 2021, 06:33

Mike

I like your top 7 and I like your order although I might tweak it a bit and add one more down the order big hitter. It's a good team but not only that it's laying the foundation for the future.

Funny how a few of us can see it and someone like Boucher can't.....amazing!

So here's my team and order, I've been waiting for a long time to see someone come along similar to Klusener and I believe that man is George Linde.

1 Malan

2 Ricketon

3  Markram

4  Van  Tonder

5  Verreynne

6  De Kock

7  Linde

8  Mulder

9  Rabada

10 Ngidi

11 Nortje

Apr 16, 2021, 09:42

Denny

Very good.    I think Linde is the pick for shorter versions of he game and  would play Mulderrr at 7 and bring in M Pretorius at 8 - the latter being a big hitter.    If a spinner is required I would rather leave out Ngidi an bring in Linde.  at 9 and move Pretorius to 9,   That team wuld have a ery long  batting line-up with plenty of big hitters,

The proposed team would never be acceptable to the Government since it include too many Whites,   Boucher with his ideas becoming weirder with every statement he makes, will never see any value in such a selection .  Unless players under 28 was already in the team when he became Head Coach, he seems to believe that 28 is the minimum age for selection to the Proteas and there is no maximum and players will only be replaced when they themselves decide to retire.                   

Apr 19, 2021, 03:28

Nice provincial players all....apart from Malan I see nobody in those teams who is going to stand up to the moving ball at Lords. Boucher knows this and he is trying to rebuild a broken house, by retaining a few more experienced players.

A guy like Verreyne looks okay, but his stats are scarcely better than incumbent Klaasen. This is no AB, Barry Richards or Gibbs. So why are we acting like the whole team’s fate hinges on his selection?

The simple fact is we are struggling for test level talent.

Apr 19, 2021, 06:58

Mozart

How do you know what  players will not make the grade of standing up on international level and then retain  players who fail in series after series on international level   

Your hero Klaasen has failed  as a batsman in 9 out of 11 matches played against Pakistan this year - so he is a must to be selected because he can stand up at Lords and show that he is international material,   So your norm is pick failed players repeatedly and the fact that they fail on local level as well  and then expect from them to stand up the way you mentioned, is just  total nonsense and in fact as crazy as  Boucher is. 

Fact is your interpretation of stats is weird. Just to say that having  an average of 40,75 at a strike rate  of  94,21 ion international level s hardly better than an average  of  33,93 with a  strike rate of 90,56  is uncanny - don't you realize that you are spouting utter BS on site? .       

In any event  you have not seen local cricket for years  now and to state that  there are no better players than the duds in the Proteas at present is unbelievably weird BS,                   

Apr 21, 2021, 16:47

Klaasen is superb.

Apr 21, 2021, 20:16

LOL     Klaasen  who failed in match after match  against player and captain is superb.     You really are finny,   Klaasen was superb in the failures race - which he won with ease.    

Apr 25, 2021, 15:11

How would you know if I am finny (sic)....you have no sense of humour.

Apr 25, 2021, 18:40

Whenever you repeat BS I know it is funny, especially when it makes no sense whatsoever/   We have potential test players - because they are not yet 28 years of age and that makes them according to Boucher unselectable because even if the older players flop, they own their positions and cannot be  replaced.   Stupid selection  process - but true,     

Apr 25, 2021, 21:42

SA Cricket is so in the doldrums that I've lost all interest in these clowns.

I used to an avid fan but can hardly bother to watch any more.

Even the Emerging XI loses to Namibia in a T20 series...:'(

South Africa Emerging XI suffer T20 loss to Namibia | Sport

Apr 26, 2021, 08:10

Seb 

I also read that article - but as per normal the  majority of players were NOT selected  on merit but on a quota basis coupled  to  total incompetence  of the selectors,     After the SA disaster against Pakistan the latter team played against Zimbabwe and the Zimbabwe  team was more competitive than the SA team was.

SA will only become more competitive if the present circus us cleared up and professionals take over the running of the international teams,    I was hopeful that Smith  and Boucher  would make a difference as to professionalism - but things have even become worse under those two.                                  

You need to Log in to reply.