Mike

Forum » Cricket » Mike

Jul 08, 2024, 13:40

Have you seen the test side to tour the Windies? Not bad excepting for the Elephant in the room....Bavuma.

Jul 08, 2024, 14:26

Elephant?

You mean mouse!

...btw, he has been pretty good in tests. I'd persist with him there. The rest of our lineup is so inexperienced.vv

Jul 09, 2024, 02:43

btw, he has been pretty good in tests. I'd persist with him there

Why for? He's 34 and like a boxer hanging around for that one last fight. Nee man, he's not going to get any better and there's younger players waiting for an opportunity.

Question is where are our future black batsman?.......shame man the country has only produced one since readmission.

And OBTW I agree he's been good in tests.

Jul 09, 2024, 06:55

Why are so few black batsman coming through the ranks ...

Jul 09, 2024, 07:32

I wish I knew.......and it's not a 'few'......there's none that I know of.

Jul 09, 2024, 09:08

Agreed, sad actually

Jul 09, 2024, 22:33

Have you ever met a black person that can concentrate for longer than 30 minutes?

Just saying…

Jul 10, 2024, 14:13

Yes.

Jul 10, 2024, 14:42

AJH - It must have involved looting?

Jul 10, 2024, 18:07

No actually we assisted my wifes housekeeper to motivate her three children prior to leaving RSA.

Two boys and a girls.

The eldest son is employed with Siemens and is a software engineer, his brother is a Technologist with Siemens in Johannesburg (the last we heard) and the daughter is a Nurse.

All three grew up without a father, matriculated and the two sons went onto college.

I know of many other cases of families who received assistance from other parents at our childrens school and all are better educated than many other unfortunate families.

So with a bit of assistance these young children all managed to get a decent education and are all doing well.

Yes I will admit that their are thousands who wonder around aimlessly with no skills, either drunk or high and on the take at every opportunity.

This is true for all shades of people sadly.

Unfortunately we have over the years lost contact with the family as they have moved and so have we a few times in the past 36  years.

You need to Log in to reply.