Markram top scores as Klaasen flops again

Forum » Cricket » Markram top scores as Klaasen flops again

Sep 11, 2021, 15:53

The only problem si that our mysterious member Mozart has a total deluded method that makes it asy to deal woth his craziness.    He hates certain players and oif one of them did not score enough runs in a few matches he came up with that player is a flop, while one who flops regularly and have a rare good score he comes up with headings that i changed the names of above,

Klaasen is a regular flop and he is a total disaster - but he scored some runs in an ODI he is somebody a top class player,   It always baffles me how superficial  his comments are and how easy ot is to poin out what flops he made in postting s,   

So in the T20* match 48 runs from 33 balls faced and Klaasen amde 2 runs after facing 4 balls.  He was caught LBW by a rookie spin-bowler.    

Sep 12, 2021, 20:21

Markram is now earning his selection as a bowler and hopefully he will find a more comfortable lower order batting spot.

Sep 13, 2021, 01:34

Pwersonally I t hink in the T20I WC Malan should open with De Kock - Markram did weell at 3 and I think he should remain there,    Hendriks had on good game and today a very average performance.    so to my mind he is not the batter they needs in the top 3.   What is to eb dine with Bavuma is a lo0ttery ticket.   He should not even eb in the sarting team at all.   Van der Dussen and Miller are lottery tickets.

Howver, the WC series is in the UAR and the pitches there wshould favour our fast bowlers better.   As to all rounders I think the choie should be Mulder and neiithr of Phehlukwayo or Pretorius deserve selection.   we should ctually have four bowlers - to spinners and two seamers - the other four overs can be shared by Markram and Mulder.   

Sep 13, 2021, 13:29

Mike, the theme of these limited-overs games has been our slow bowling.

Did you even notice the quality of our bowling?

How having three tight spinners on our side has by default caused Markram to become more prevalent with the ball...effectively giving us 4 slow bowlers to chuck at an overwhelmed opposition? 

The only way to describe Sri Lanka's innings in the second t20 was as being utterly bamboozled. This is not something that opposition spinners ever do to Sri Lanka at home...like ever. 

Perhaps you could fault Boucher/Smith for mostly picking the accepted best batters and having those batters let them down.

What nobody is talking about is the bowling success. An area where selectors have deeper control over strategy. Yesterday's result wasn't a flash in the pan. It's been the case all series and it's down to having two hardened pros summing up conditions and making the correct decisions.

Don't be surprised if slow bowling wins us this t20 WC.

The UAE pitches aren't quite those of Sri Lanka and spinners do have to be more accurate with length. However, more lively surfaces should bode our obligatory opening seamers well. and our batters will welcome the extra bounce too. Overall, we're going from offering Sri Lanaka a spin clinic to conditions that are friendlier to us. That's a nice bit of momentum.

I'm personally confident about this team's chances.

You need to Log in to reply.